Boomtown 2018

eFestivals

11 minutes ago, frostypaw said:

Well sometimes it is yes, but they're just chasing their own tails thinking they can stop it if they keep demanding BT pay them more so they can crack down harder.

According to those I spoke to the dealer's supplies never see the gates, it just criminalises the amateurs. Proper shitshow. Despite loving Boomtown I think this is probably my last as all this is just so intensely unpleasant.

Just waiting for them to confiscate all my vape stuff now effectively pushing me to smoke, at which point I might explode a bit.

Notwithstanding your entirely legitimate feelings on such things, frosty, I was being somewhat tongue in cheek with that original post...!

:0)

Ben

2 minutes ago, bluedaisy said:

There are rain clouds/storms skimming the site this afternoon. I wonder if we are going to need boots coming in? 

No blooming way!

All Hail Norway.

Which is currently identical to the BBC.

Who were entirely 'wrong' over the last three days (when they showed wet stuff).

And who are now entirely accurate (as they only show wet on Sunday. Soon to be revised to none at all).

As you were.

Ben

• Upvote 1

I

Just now, bennyhana22 said:

No blooming way!

All Hail Norway.

Which is currently identical to the BBC.

Who were entirely 'wrong' over the last three days (when they showed wet stuff).

And who are now entirely accurate (as they only show wet on Sunday. Soon to be revised to none at all).

As you were.

Ben

It looks like the site's taking a direct hit right now if you check the radar:

https://www.netweather.tv/live-weather/radar

6 minutes ago, bluedaisy said:

I

It looks like the site's taking a direct hit right now if you check the radar:

https://www.netweather.tv/live-weather/radar

I know, daisy, but with such a relatively small number of people on site, compared to the full crowd, most of whom won't be there until Thursday, and with a pretty lovely forecast after today's bit of wet stuff, and with it having been so dry for...forever...AND with BT being on a chalky hill.....we're gonna be fine!!

Were you at Glastonbury in 2016? Still getting flashbacks...! There's a brilliant little video that I search for every now and then. It's from a day or two before the festival, when it's had been constant rain for so long. The water table is SOOOOOO high that this guy is bouncing on a piece of fixed turf that is floating on a 'river' below flowing down towards the site. Ugh!

The water table in Hampshire must be lower than since '76. 

We're gonna be fine...!

Ben
X

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Notwithstanding your entirely legitimate feelings on such things, frosty, I was being somewhat tongue in cheek with that original post...!

Ben

Hah sorry, I'm ridiculously literal just now and feeling far too tired to be considering going to a dance festival - hopefully normal service will resume by Thursday!

Gotta be ready for some dancing by Dub Pistols tho :D sorted the videos from the weekend now, was far too sober at this point

That glasto video of the guy on the water bubble was from the bottom of one of the drainage channels down the field I think, but yeah the ground here is dry a.f. and full of cracks. Any muddiness will be extremely short-lived. TBH after the last few weeks a gig or too in cool rain and a poncho sounds brilliant

25 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Ben

Should of used that emoji  ?

Edited by mashedonmud
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, kingbadger said:

Don't worry guys, the Norwegians are saying all is good! 

Screenshot_20180807-134319_Drive.jpg

Yay!

I'm attempting to pack and stopped for a look on here/last check of the weather. I really want to leave my walking boots at home and this is encouraging. Thank you 

Just now, Miesh said:

Yay!

I'm attempting to pack and stopped for a look on here/last check of the weather. I really want to leave my walking boots at home and this is encouraging. Thank you 

Do not do this, Miesh.

The first rule of appeasing the weather gods is to take everything needed to survive a force 8 storm, in the sure and certain knowledge that in doing so you will need none of it!

Ben

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1