Boomtown 2018

eFestivals

4 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I hate to tell you, but my own experience of the BBC forecasting bad weather for Boomtown is that they were spookily accurate. 

The site doesn't get too bad in normal circumstances tho, and with the amount of dryness we've had it'll be better still this time round.

Are you attending this year?

I agree if there is heavy rain it's likely just going to sit on the baked ground for a while but it's unlikely to get boggy.

Another pro-tip, when setting up your tent point the door downhill. It's less likely it'll get into your tent if there is water running on the surface of the ground.

Not sure where that leaves me with a tent that has doors on opposite sides mind, maybe side on.

Given it rained heavily for the whole month in the lead up to last year's festival yet the ground was fit for trainers by Friday afternoon makes me rather confident that even if we do get the odd heavy shower there won't be any real lasting effect. Never seen the ground dry up as quickly at a festival like it did last year.

I'd rather be dancing in trainers and a T Shirt than wellies and a raincoat but...

Image result for life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass origin

PS I'm sorry I hate corny stuff like that but this one has followed me about a bit for a number of reasons for the last yearish. Maybe it's Stockholm Syndrome but I've somehow grown rather fond.

• Upvote 1

On 8/4/2018 at 7:36 PM, festifreak said:

So Earache Records put out a clue about their secret guest (Saturday)... they have headlined the John Peel stage in last 10 years.

A quick scan of wikipedia puts this as the following rock/heavy options.

Ash, Enter Shikari (doubling up?), Crystal Castles, Biffy Clyro, Suede.

Ash are playing Boardmasters on the Friday so perhaps most likely.

I'm almost certain it'll be Enter Shikari

35 minutes ago, Tommy101 said:

Looks like 'Do I know you friend?' is the entry to the 'maze' again this year 

I can't express how excited this video alone has made me. :D 

Isn't that last years vid? Think this year you have to do that banghai industries thing involving AMI to get involved, although, i could be wrong!

42 minutes ago, mr flow said:

Isn't that last years vid? Think this year you have to do that banghai industries thing involving AMI to get involved, although, i could be wrong!

Hi Honey, 

Thank you for registering your details with me. 

I'm really looking forwards to meeting you and giving you all the things you've always dreamed of. You know you're worth it and so do I. Also, no need to worry sweetie, your data is safe with me. My firewalls are smokin' hot and hack proofed. 

I really cannot wait to make your dreams come true, until then, we can only dream! 

See you soon, 

AMI x

1 hour ago, mr flow said:

Yeah you might be right. The closest I get to a regret from last year is not getting as involved in the maze as we could have done. I hope there's something similar this year.

42 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

?

Ben
x

Hello Ben,

All is not lost. If I don't sell the tickets, then Tom and one of his mates might go. At least somebody I know would get the use of them. However, they're still deciding! Tom's just come back from 5.5 months away in Nepal and India, and I'm not sure he's up for hedonism on such a scale. We'll see.

Have fun. :)

52 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Hello Ben,

All is not lost. If I don't sell the tickets, then Tom and one of his mates might go. At least somebody I know would get the use of them. However, they're still deciding! Tom's just come back from 5.5 months away in Nepal and India, and I'm not sure he's up for hedonism on such a scale. We'll see.

Have fun. :)

Thanks, You - I bloody will! 

And, though I dearly hope you do offload the tickets, especially at that ridiculous price, people!!!, tell Tom that I'm there and to get his sorry arse to Boomtown!

Just a thought - lots of people are selling them on Twitter, using the @BoomtownFair twitter handle in their message (remember that Twitter handles have to be written perfectly in terms of case specificity etc...), and they're selling them for a LOT LESS MORE (sorry!!!) than you're prepared to take...

Might be worth using that avenue too...

Love to Mrs Yog

Ben
x

Edited by bennyhana22
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, bennyhana22 said:

Thanks, You - I bloody will! 

And, though I dearly hope you do offload the tickets, especially at that ridiculous price, people!!!, tell Tom that I'm there and to get his sorry arse to Boomtown!

Just a thought - lots of people are selling them on Twitter, using the @BoomtownFair twitter handle in their message (remember that Twitter handles have to be written perfectly in terms of case specificity etc...), and they're selling them for a LOT LESS MORE (sorry!!!) than you're prepared to take...

Might be worth using that avenue too...

Love to Mrs Yog

Ben
x

Hello Ben,

I know nothing about Twitter, but Tom might - although I doubt that he's set up for it as he keeps an extraordinarily low on line profile (you ain't seen me, right, sort of thing!).  :)

Edited by Yoghurt on a Stick

Just got my old(er) tent out the loft and I’d forgotten how big it is - around 5.5m by 6m - what time do you think I’ll need to arrive to be able to comfortably pitch it: ideally in Copper County/Old Town; but failing that Paradise Heights? Maybe looking to @Sku or someone knowledgable for advice - I have a 5 hour drive to get there!

5 hours ago, vintagelaureate said:

Just got my old(er) tent out the loft and I’d forgotten how big it is - around 5.5m by 6m - what time do you think I’ll need to arrive to be able to comfortably pitch it: ideally in Copper County/Old Town; but failing that Paradise Heights? Maybe looking to @Sku or someone knowledgable for advice - I have a 5 hour drive to get there!

Old Town and Copper County will fill fast big tents wise. I too have a big tent for our group about the same dimensions and am planning to arrive about 8am for a spot in Old Town. But we are quite particular about the exact spot we want to camp haha. 

Copper County/Old Town is a big valley, and some areas are quite steep. These less prime spots will fill slower.

Paradise Heights should be considerably more chilled and easy to find space.