Boomtown 2018

eFestivals

4 hours ago, frostypaw said:

Weds entries are only valid arriving by certain means I believe eg. car share (3+), coach etc

And I suspect as hard as ever. Nobody will know.

I believe you can purchase a £10 one which you can arrive by shuttle from the station. 

I only ask because I wanted to try get some NOS in but unsure of how easy its going to be on that Wednesday.

21 hours ago, festivalman01 said:

On a similar note...

How will sneaking things into the festival be on Wednesday?; It seems they are splitting up entry to spend more time on searches or is it rather a way to break down the queues? 

Bit of both I expect.  Don't know if you have been before, but searches range from very thorough (including dogs) to a quick pat down.  Something bulky like nos would be a challenge I suspect, but you could try your chances.

Of course, drugs are bad, be safe, you risk being banned from entry etc etc.

2 minutes ago, jfaragher said:

Bit of both I expect.  Don't know if you have been before, but searches range from very thorough (including dogs) to a quick pat down.  Something bulky like nos would be a challenge I suspect, but you could try your chances.

Of course, drugs are bad, be safe, you risk being banned from entry etc etc.

Yeah I went last year but the queue was a sham and although I feel I had the perfect amount a few NOS chargers never did any harm. I wanted to know if the Wednesday security was going to be a bit stricter due to less people so more time to search or if they would just be more lenient and let most in with a few searches. 

I Hope I'm not refused entry but this would require a dealers load not just personal use? 

4 hours ago, festivalman01 said:

Yeah I went last year but the queue was a sham and although I feel I had the perfect amount a few NOS chargers never did any harm. I wanted to know if the Wednesday security was going to be a bit stricter due to less people so more time to search or if they would just be more lenient and let most in with a few searches. 

I Hope I'm not refused entry but this would require a dealers load not just personal use? 

Searches won't be any different to usual on Wednesday. As jfaragher mentioned above, it's pot luck as to how much of a search you get. I would just stick any NOS you bring it at the very bottom of your bag as the chances of them taking everything out is pretty slim (although it can happen).

There are rumours floating around that supposedly this is going to be the last Boomtown or at least the last boomtown as we know it e.g they may be changing locations.

apparently the Residents have hounded the council and now the council have really given it to BT up the arse.

I am not 100% sure if the above is true but I do think a lot hinges on BT getting the Wednesday entry queues correct and adhering strictly to the new volume restrictions.

More whispers - Supposedly BT got into a serious amount of trouble over the deaths of visitors in previous years with the most recent being an 18 year old girl in 2016. If somebody else dies this year (god forbid) then it may be the final nail in boomtowns coffin (no pun intended)

Who knows! Anyway hi guys I am Jim a long time lurker on this forum! Pleased to meet you all!

Hi and welcome Jim!

I think I've heard that this chapter is the last in the current story line, I wonder if they are taking the opportunity to start a new story in line with a new venue if they are being forced to?

No harm in partying like it's the last chance to do so just in case. 

7 hours ago, Jimpsnl said:

There are rumours floating around that supposedly this is going to be the last Boomtown or at least the last boomtown as we know it e.g they may be changing locations.

apparently the Residents have hounded the council and now the council have really given it to BT up the arse.

I am not 100% sure if the above is true but I do think a lot hinges on BT getting the Wednesday entry queues correct and adhering strictly to the new volume restrictions.

More whispers - Supposedly BT got into a serious amount of trouble over the deaths of visitors in previous years with the most recent being an 18 year old girl in 2016. If somebody else dies this year (god forbid) then it may be the final nail in boomtowns coffin (no pun intended)

Who knows! Anyway hi guys I am Jim a long time lurker on this forum! Pleased to meet you all!

Hi Jim, Welcome!

There's no truth in this being the last Boomtown, or the last one at Winchester. Of course, they need to stick to the licencing conditions, but that's the same with any festival. The Wednesday entry was a suggestion by Boomtown to help appease the locals who are fed up with the traffic on Thursdays, and to help speed up the entry after last years issues. Also, as i've mentioned previously, Boomtown actually have more favourable volume restrictions on the main stages this year, which is part of the reason of the cull of some of the smaller venues.

To my knowledge, they haven't been given a serious amount of trouble over the deaths of visitors in previous years either. In fact, they've actually been applauded by the levels of campaigns over harm reduction that have issued previously, and continue to improve on site, such as the addition of the loop last year.

But at @Tommy101 mentions above - No harm in partying like it's the last chance to do so just in case!

31 minutes ago, mr flow said:

To my knowledge, they haven't been given a serious amount of trouble over the deaths of visitors in previous years either.

This sounds right to me.

It would be wrong to hold them in any way responsible for the death that was seemingly suicide.

As for the other(s?), it would be a bit embarrassing for the old bill to make a big thing of them, given the high level of policing/searching compared to other festivals. Plus of course similar deaths might happen in any town on any day.

55 minutes ago, mr flow said:

Hi Jim, Welcome!

There's no truth in this being the last Boomtown, or the last one at Winchester. Of course, they need to stick to the licencing conditions, but that's the same with any festival. The Wednesday entry was a suggestion by Boomtown to help appease the locals who are fed up with the traffic on Thursdays, and to help speed up the entry after last years issues. Also, as i've mentioned previously, Boomtown actually have more favourable volume restrictions on the main stages this year, which is part of the reason of the cull of some of the smaller venues.

To my knowledge, they haven't been given a serious amount of trouble over the deaths of visitors in previous years either. In fact, they've actually been applauded by the levels of campaigns over harm reduction that have issued previously, and continue to improve on site, such as the addition of the loop last year.

But at @Tommy101 mentions above - No harm in partying like it's the last chance to do so just in case!

I am sure your probably correct (and I hope you are) ... You know how people gossip/spread BS

25 minutes ago, Jimpsnl said:

I am sure your probably correct (and I hope you are) ... You know how people gossip/spread BS

Haha yeah it's always the way! I remember when the rumour floating around in 2012 that Tesco were going to takeover the festival :lol: