Boomtown 2018

eFestivals

9 hours ago, dumski said:

I can’t fault your line up info last year but that location doesn’t sound very North West to me.

“it's been announced that it's not possible to leave Boomtown Springs on Wednesday... No access to HiddenForest or the other Wednesday campsites.

where did this info come from please? 

I have some friends going Wednesday and they are gonna be pissed if they are restricted to BS only. (Tbh they wouldn’t accept being penned in at a festival) 

I had thought that as everything Weds was based hidden woods area then BSprings would be downtown.  

Either way I can’t wait to see the ‘pool’

Info came from people that are crew at the festival, who always camp in that crew camp area. They said they can't camp in usual spot this year as that area is being moved for Boomtown Springs. Whether or not that means Boomtown Springs is exactly in that spot, or things are all being shifted slightly, i'm not sure, but I believe Boomtown Springs will be more or less around that location.

I've also heard rumour that the volunteer camping is being moved (again) - that is right up in the NW.  Could be that there is a bit of a general shuffle of volunteer / crew / artist camping this year, to go along with the changes in punter camping - I've also heard that there is significantly less camping Downtown...

On 5/30/2018 at 12:05 AM, dumski said:

“it's been announced that it's not possible to leave Boomtown Springs on Wednesday... No access to HiddenForest or the other Wednesday campsites.

where did this info come from please? 

I have some friends going Wednesday and they are gonna be pissed if they are restricted to BS only. (Tbh they wouldn’t accept being penned in at a festival) 

I had thought that as everything Weds was based hidden woods area then BSprings would be downtown.

16 hours ago, Miesh said:

Thanks for the reply @Sku

I hadn't seen the bit about not being able to leave Springs. That kills my theory.

We definitely need a map! :)

It's mentioned in several places that Boomtown Springs is having exclusive "pool and mansion parties" on Wednesday, but is separated from the rest of the festivals entertainment. It even says if you don't drive to the Boomtown Springs special car park on Wednesday, you will have to walk around the outside of the festival from the public transport area to Boomtown Springs entrance.

Initial announcement of Wednesday opening, specifies Boomtown Springs residents have to stay in Boomtown Springs:

https://www.facebook.com/boomtownofficial/photos/a.244565308903024.77258.176130945746461/2434746036551596

The Wednesday FAQ, also mentions having to walk around the outside, and the exclusive mansion and pool parties:

https://www.boomtownfair.co.uk/news/2018-05-17-important-wednesday-open-for-car-sharers-train-and/

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Sku said:

It's mentioned in several places that Boomtown Springs is having exclusive "pool and mansion parties" on Wednesday, but is separated from the rest of the festivals entertainment. It even says if you don't drive to the Boomtown Springs special car park on Wednesday, you will have to walk around the outside of the festival from the public transport area to Boomtown Springs entrance.

Initial announcement of Wednesday opening, specifies Boomtown Springs residents have to stay in Boomtown Springs:

https://www.facebook.com/boomtownofficial/photos/a.244565308903024.77258.176130945746461/2434746036551596

The Wednesday FAQ, also mentions having to walk around the outside, and the exclusive mansion and pool parties:

https://www.boomtownfair.co.uk/news/2018-05-17-important-wednesday-open-for-car-sharers-train-and/

I'm not coming on Weds or staying in Boomtown Springs so this doesn't affect me but I sense a civil unrest coming on if they try and tell the PREMIUM ticket holders who've paid ridiculous amounts of wonga, that they can't access the Weds entertainment with the normal people, particularly Mungo's Hi-Fi etc.

OK, maybe make them walk around the outside or something but it's all getting a bit like the Titanic with different entertainment for different classes who must not mix.

Boomtown this year sounds so far removed from the Boomtown ethos it's pretty much not recognisable IMO.

Edited by stu_kent

31 minutes ago, battleborn said:

So how many of you are still going given you've got no bloody chance of getting your drugs in this year?

Reliable source has told me airport style scanners will be in operation at all entrances.

I'm still going, and I'll be taking my drugs in with me. I've been through airport security with shed loads of drugs on me a number of times. 

1 hour ago, battleborn said:

So how many of you are still going given you've got no bloody chance of getting your drugs in this year?

Reliable source has told me airport style scanners will be in operation at all entrances.

Not true.

It will be no different to usual entry.

15 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

@mr flow - I know you're usually well informed - you said Gorillaz and Limp Bizkit clash right? L.B have put the 12th on their schedule, but Gorillaz are the Saturday? Any sign of hope or false alarm? :D

As far as i'm aware, they are both playing at the same time. Whether that has changed or not, i'm not sure i'm afraid! Will let you know if i can find out anything :)

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Winslow Leach said:

Does anyone know what's happening with the free Wednesday tickets for coach travellers? I'd booked a Thursday coach, just ordered the free Wednesday entry, so does my coach now update to Wednesday automatically? They've not made it massively clear. 

I'd e-mail or send them a message on Facebook and check. They haven't made it very clear though

1 minute ago, mr flow said:

I'd e-mail or send them a message on Facebook and check. They haven't made it very clear though

Yeah I emailed. I mean they asked me to pick a new time window for arrival so I'm assuming it does, but the confirmation email says nothing about it.

Edited by Winslow Leach

I’m guessing the reason springs is restricted is because it’s near Wild West camping so you’d have to walk through the closed off districts to get to the open parts. If that’s the case I’m sure there’ll be backlash and they’ll put something in place, like walking around the site or something. They seem to be changing their minds as and when their is backlash which is good I suppose, at least they’re not just burying their heads in the sand and ignoring the complaints. 

1 hour ago, battleborn said:

Hope you've never been arrested,  the face scanners will get you. Police are determined to send a message at Boomtown this year. Will be ridiculous. 

Airport scanners, facial scanners and anus scanners.

We're doomed!

:rofl:

35 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

If it's the millimetric kind, you're all safe... :D

I think that the X ray machine referred to in the article is the one that they use on luggage going in to the hold of the plane. I did a little bit of research on it, and the dose of radiation to passengers and especially the staff is deemed to be too dangerous, so they can't actually use them on people going through security. However (and this was about 2 years ago) there was talk of a new scanner coming on to the market which was an X ray scanner (if memory serves me right) which performed differently to the conventional x ray scanners, and was, at that time, thought to be suitable for use on passengers going through security, and also not dangerous to staff who would have more continued constant exposure. Not sure if this ever was taken up, but it would be good to know.

3 hours ago, Winslow Leach said:

Yeah I emailed. I mean they asked me to pick a new time window for arrival so I'm assuming it does, but the confirmation email says nothing about it.

Hi.  I switched to Wednesday arrival yesterday and it said the exact coach times will be released in due course.  When I looked on the NE website before Wednesday arrival went on sale there were Wednesday departure times listed with "coming soon".

Now coach tickets to Boomtown are not available through NE website - temporarily suspended.

My theory is that they are still trying to arrange the coaches and this depends on demand, they may route coaches to cover several pick ups per coach? NE must have a logistical headache.

I think we may have to wait until after the resale before we know coach times.

I'm trying to embrace the disorganisation because there's nothing I can do about it 

:)

7 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I think that the X ray machine referred to in the article is the one that they use on luggage going in to the hold of the plane. I did a little bit of research on it, and the dose of radiation to passengers and especially the staff is deemed to be too dangerous, so they can't actually use them on people going through security. However (and this was about 2 years ago) there was talk of a new scanner coming on to the market which was an X ray scanner (if memory serves me right) which performed differently to the conventional x ray scanners, and was, at that time, thought to be suitable for use on passengers going through security, and also not dangerous to staff who would have more continued constant exposure. Not sure if this ever was taken up, but it would be good to know.

Not to be that medical guy, but there's no way that anyone is using any dose of ionising radiation (of which x-rays are a type) without obtaining the informed consent of those being exposed. Not in a million years, team. Any technology that can scan adequately to find anything on festival punters without using radiation is a million years away in terms of technology, affordability et al.

Of course, if a copper sticks his finger up your bum...

Ben

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, stu_kent said:

I'm not coming on Weds or staying in Boomtown Springs so this doesn't affect me but I sense a civil unrest coming on if they try and tell the PREMIUM ticket holders who've paid ridiculous amounts of wonga, that they can't access the Weds entertainment with the normal people, particularly Mungo's Hi-Fi etc.

OK, maybe make them walk around the outside or something but it's all getting a bit like the Titanic with different entertainment for different classes who must not mix.

Boomtown this year sounds so far removed from the Boomtown ethos it's pretty much not recognisable IMO.

I agree with all of this.

To encourage green travel and then make a premium ticket holder walk round (a long way) - I'd be fumin babes! :ireful:

There are safety concerns with this too. I'd expect a free shuttle bus with air con and water at the least.

Further evidence that Boomtown Springs may be  in/by Wild West Camping.

The Zooloo package for Wild West campsite  has disappeared from the ticket website. I noticed this weeks ago because I wanted to book one.

After several calls and emails a chap on the phone has just told me he'll get the website changed and "it's either sold out or they've changed the plan and it's not available."

I know Boomtown will be amazing at the time but I enjoy planning.  That map would be really good right now!