Boomtown 2018

eFestivals

If you haven't bought a ticket yet its time to get on it! New tiers of (much more expensive) tickets have been introduced ready for the lineup announcement. 

Coach traveler discounted tickets previously price matched with tier 2 at £198.50. These have all gone and now coach traveller tickets  price match tier 3 at £223.50.

Tier 3 tickets are still avaliable at £223.50, however a new price band called "full price tickets" have been added coming in at a whopping £243.50.

It seems certain to me that the length of time those remaining tier 3 tickets will be avaliable will be measured in hours rather than days. 

39 minutes ago, frostypaw said:

It's a different beast, but massively more exciting.

It's fun to go home and see the familiar faces, but the wild reunion houseparty around your best mate's is the real highlight. It's managed to recapture that first "HOLY F*CK" moment of the original Shangri-La every year, pretty much every district.

This sums up my feelings exactly, I know there will always be something I like, I just probably haven't heard it before!

Edited by glastonburynoodles

1 hour ago, bennyhana22 said:

Don’t worry, old chum. Early days yet and there’ll be enough to satisfy come the full line-up. 

Ben

I have no doubt that I’ll have an absolute blinder, I think my dislike of some of the bigger names on the line up has informed my initial feelings. 

6 hours ago, robmongascy said:

Really tempted by the line up this year, never been before. Anyone knows if this usually sells out and if so how close to the fest?

it sells out, and it'll sell out MUCH earlier this year. Over 50% of tickets had gone before yesterday's announcement.

Get in there now or risk missing out.

The more I look at the line up the more I'm concerned that there are already too many acts I want to see. 

That 4th section down which I assume is the new rock venue looks banging. Idles, Random Hand, Soulfly, Naplam Death, Turbowolf. There's some good noises right there. 

Enough of the bands at the top of the list excite me too. I don't know many of the DJs but that's nothing new. Plenty to research in the next few months. Edible & Shy FX are a good start.

Added to Selecter, Dub Pistols, Skints etc and there are already more acts than I'll end up going to see on purpose. Marvelous 

2 minutes ago, Tommy101 said:

the new rock venue

earache records!

2018 however belongs to Boomtown Fair, as Chapter 10 will see "The Earache Factory" opening for business.  Located in the Downtown District at the heart of Disorder Alley, the lineup features metal, punk, grindcore, stoner, psych and rock ranging from world-renowned genre pioneers to the hottest new heavy bands on the scene.  Names announced today include NAPALM DEATH, SOULFLY, IDLES, HO99O9, EARTH CRISIS, HACKTIVIST, HAGGARD CAT, TURBOWOLF, and SAMSARA BLUES EXPERIMENT, with more to follow.

Lak Mitchell, Boomtown Founder, comments: "We're seriously excited about expanding on the heavy live music side of the festival... The first event I ever put on was a heavy metal gig when I was 16 and have been in various thrash/punk/metal bands ever since, so to represent such an amazing musical culture within the context of Boomtown is insanely exciting and I can't wait to see where this takes us."

2 minutes ago, deadpheasant said:

Never been to this before but I've heard good things. Anyone give an idea of what to expect (other than the bands on the lineup obviously)?

it's a mad partying film-set city and a real spectacle. If you've been to Glastonbury it's like Shangri-la on a much bigger scale.

IMO it's the best festival in the UK, and reckon almost anyone could go at least once and have a great time (even if they might afterwards conclude that there's not enough there of their personal liking to want to go back, because the line-up isn't everyone's tastes).

25 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

earache records!

I did notice significant overlap with Glastonbury last year but couldn't find a way of bringing it up without sounding like I was moaning.

I've not read much of the recent release stuff. I'll have a mooch about and see what else I've missed.

On a side note I still read Ho99o9 as Hoggog not Horror

20 minutes ago, deadpheasant said:

Never been to this before but I've heard good things. Anyone give an idea of what to expect (other than the bands on the lineup obviously)?

A massive immersive party. Easy to lose your self in for a weekend. Awesome people, awesome vibe, awesome sets and the music is a great bonus.

17 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

it's a mad partying film-set city and a real spectacle. If you've been to Glastonbury it's like Shangri-la on a much bigger scale.

IMO it's the best festival in the UK, and reckon almost anyone could go at least once and have a great time (even if they might afterwards conclude that there's not enough there of their personal liking to want to go back, because the line-up isn't everyone's tastes).

I really enjoy Glastonbury but it can be quite overwhelming & you cant always get a ticket so something on a smaller scale would be perfect. I really enjoyed Bestival last year and planning on going again this year but this has thrown a real spanner in the works.

Only thing I'm concerned about is the price though, would you say it's worth it over Bestival (£160)?

34 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

To anyone who has been - is this it for the "bigger" names -  should we expect any more in future announcements or will it be all smaller acts?

last year I was pleasantly surprised that there was more to come after the initial announcement.

Nothing mega of course but definitely a decent serving of well-known names rather than nothing you've ever heard of (which can be a lot of it, even from the efestivals bands database point of view).

1 hour ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

To anyone who has been - is this it for the "bigger" names -  should we expect any more in future announcements or will it be all smaller acts?

Was hoping for some old skool dance act names - 808 State type and maybe a bit of punk... maybe Rancid or NOFX

NOFX definitely aren't playing.

I would expect a few semi well known names to be added, but most of the better known names will be DJ's added, rather than live acts

22 minutes ago, mr flow said:

Thanks for the glowing endorsement :) Yeah if people have any questions, i can usually do some digging and get a pretty accurate answer. 

Hey mr flow!

I don't know if you'll be able to find this out but I guess it's worth an ask...

Me and my friends have had lots of fun in the Mayfair Opera House.  With Mayfair changing to Paradise Heights and some smaller venues being removed, we're just wondering if it's still going to be there?

Thanks anyway :) 

51 minutes ago, stu_kent said:

Hey mr flow!

I don't know if you'll be able to find this out but I guess it's worth an ask...

Me and my friends have had lots of fun in the Mayfair Opera House.  With Mayfair changing to Paradise Heights and some smaller venues being removed, we're just wondering if it's still going to be there?

Thanks anyway :) 

I'm pretty sure that it's not going to be there as there will be a whole new list of micro venues in the new districts. I'll see if I can find out for definite though.

4 hours ago, mr flow said:

NOFX definitely aren't playing.

I would expect a few semi well known names to be added, but most of the better known names will be DJ's added, rather than live acts

5 hours ago, eFestivals said:

last year I was pleasantly surprised that there was more to come after the initial announcement.

Nothing mega of course but definitely a decent serving of well-known names rather than nothing you've ever heard of (which can be a lot of it, even from the efestivals bands database point of view).

Cheers both for that. To be honest, I'm there for the Boomtown experience rather than anything specific. I'm not expecting any mega names, but hoping there are a few more things to grip hold of.

1 hour ago, mr flow said:

Boomtown have just posted on Facebook to say that Tier 3 has nearly sold out, which will only leave a limited amount of full price tickets and coach packages left.

I don't think it'll be too much longer before this is fully sold out.

Sigh...I think you are right :( My friends are definitely not going to decide quick enough...I think one of them is still keen on Bluedot. In desperation I just registered for oxfam volunteering and will do the same when Boomtown open their volunteer positions.