Boomtown 2018

eFestivals

Whatever it was it sounds like a good reason.

Urinal signposting was godawful though, only found the one by Robotika on Sunday, never found ones near Tangled Roots or the Psyforest. The new layout really spangled me, I was so used to knowing where everything was going to be

I think I got the first ones in on Friday as a bit of a warmer upper after the downpour and it caught on. 

Listening to Morcheeba this morning and for the first time my minds eye sees standing in pissing rain not of lying down on grass in the sun. Was still very enjoyable though.

8 minutes ago, Tommy101 said:

I think I got the first ones in on Friday as a bit of a warmer upper after the downpour and it caught on. 

Listening to Morcheeba this morning and for the first time my minds eye sees standing in pissing rain not of lying down on grass in the sun. Was still very enjoyable though.

I missed Morcheeba :(. Were they good?

4 minutes ago, mr flow said:

I missed Morcheeba :(. Were they good?

I really enjoyed it. The first half we were sat in the rain then it really started coming down so while some our friends went and found shelter @Sasperella and I stood down the front and grooved through it - there was some logic about being hit by less rain if standing up than sitting down.

The crowd wasn't huge but you could tell they were having a great time on stage and were appreciative of those who were toughing out. Honestly not sure if it would've been better if the sun was out.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tommy101 said:

I really enjoyed it. The first half we were sat in the rain then it really started coming down so while some our friends went and found shelter @Sasperella and I stood down the front and grooved through it - there was some logic about being hit by less rain if standing up than sitting down.

The crowd wasn't huge but you could tell they were having a great time on stage and were appreciative of those who were toughing out. Honestly not sure if it would've been better if the sun was out.

We stayed until we were so soaked through we were shivering, and no amount of dancing about was helping! We had to abandon the mission and get changed, but we saw most of them and they were fab :)

On 8/16/2018 at 9:32 PM, Tommy101 said:

There seemed to be a lot more urinals this year that improved the toilet situation all round.

The booze on tap wasn't the greatest, but for some reason it seemed to be a tequila festival.

I have to disagree with you there old son. I thought that they could have done with more loos and have them better signed.. 

Saw the Elvis NIRVANA bloke... Bloody brilliant imo.. Really cheered me up plus getting arrested for holding up a police man.. Amazing how they bring the whole world to life.. Mind blown... 

Just need it on flat ground lol 

Loos were generally excellent other than they should have been emptied on Sunday .

My theory as to why they remained fairl clean. You had to cilmb up, open the door, close, lock, climb some more then turn around - or if standing you had to make sure you didn't fall back.

This took concentration and when people are concentrating they less likely to make a mess.

It felt like the crystal maze at times ?

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Miesh said:

Loos were generally excellent other than they should have been emptied on Sunday .

My theory as to why they remained fairl clean. You had to cilmb up, open the door, close, lock, climb some more then turn around - or if standing you had to make sure you didn't fall back.

This took concentration and when people are concentrating they less likely to make a mess.

It felt like the crystal maze at times ?

Oh yeh, particularly those wooden ones in metropolis camping! I only went in there on the first day (when completely sober), but daaaamn, it felt like being in a Swedish sauna or something. Just, you know, not hot :) 

On 8/14/2018 at 10:26 AM, stalemate9 said:

Wes said on Twitter that they were on the second to last song, I would guess last song would have been TALA so didn't miss too much.

Anyone have a clip of the incident?

I guess this could have been a lot worse with that much electronics about. It did add to the madness of the rest of that song though.

• Upvote 1

Nice review Seantizz - I’m presuming you didnt get the £100 bar tab us paying fools got? Made it much more reasonable £ wise

great info Lucy on the volunteering, puts me right off boomtown as I ❤️ being a punter here. I saw some very unhappy (hungover) litter pickers on Sat/ sun morning in paradise heights. I do think they would have been better utilised going round the camping sites and either picking rubbish or handing out bags. 

Will defo volunteer elsewhere though. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/15/2018 at 3:07 PM, mr flow said:

Because its what I've been told. If you check back through my older posts, and also from what others have said in this thread, my info is usually very accurate.

? 

Wow. Did everyone enjoy Limp Bizkit on the Sunday?

On 5/17/2018 at 10:39 AM, mr flow said:

Sadly, it was always going to be the case, as the have to try and split the crowd. They did it a few years ago with Madness and Leftfield playing at the same time. 

Always.