Boomtown 2018

eFestivals

4 hours ago, Jackmypie said:

Lastly the bars. £4.50 for a CAN of piss stripe or Strongbow. I know they have to make money from the bars but atleast give us something decent to drink.

Cans only was only at a very few bars, most had a few normal pints and there was more in certain locations.

I agree there should be more, used to be more varied - but this idea it's just cans of those two is off.

1 hour ago, stutheblue said:

Took me a couple of days to find the Maltsmith and even longer to find the Frontier Bar!!

I think I only used the frontier bar once, it was near the entrance to Lions Den. I had a lovely IPA.

I spent most of my time at the Maltsmith Bar by Hangar 161, nice staff.

3 hours ago, stalemate9 said:

Most pints were Red Stripe too which sucks.  The Maltsmith IPA was nice though, still £5.50 is a bit much.

I don't think the Red Stripe was on tap anywhere? It was Symonds, Maltsmiths, Sbow Dark Fruits and I thought Amstel or something... didn't drink much beer but I remember being surprised at the cans of Red Stripe so don't think it was the standard beer. It was all the same as Bluedot and that was Amstel

18 hours ago, Jackmypie said:

People complaining about the loos - I thought boomtown had the best toilets out of any other festival I’ve been too, they were always clean and never had to walk more than 2 minutes to find a toilet, rarely had to wait in a que as well unless it was after a headline set

Then only gripes I had about the festival was every fucker shouting ‘alrite BRUVAAA’ all day and night 

The hills - they weren’t too bad the first couple days but after a bit of rain it was carnage, I fell on my ass twice trying to walk down the hill by psych forest towards sector 6 where I was camped. 

Lastly the bars. £4.50 for a CAN of piss stripe or Strongbow. I know they have to make money from the bars but atleast give us something decent to drink. 

I totally agree with the loos thing! My god, I've never seen such clean toilets at a festival! Is everyone just going in a bush or is everyone so pilled up they can't wee and are just using them to do drugs??? A mystery. Plus I only had to queue a few times - so I was a very happy camper...

...until the strongbow. Is strongbow really the festival cider of choice nowadays? Was overjoyed whenever we accidentally stumbled upon one of the bars that sold delicious Old Rosie or Henry Weston's, but I think they were a little bit too few and far between. They did have orchard thieves at a few places but the same price for a offensively tiny can....

Basically the two reasons Boomtown isn't as good as Glastonbury: A. they serve strongbow and not brothers and B. there is absolutely zero chance of Radiohead ever making an appearance. 

People complaining about the loos - I thought boomtown had the best toilets out of any other festival I’ve been too, they were always clean and never had to walk more than 2 minutes to find a toilet, rarely had to wait in a que as well unless it was after a headline set

from my own experience of boomtown I can only think you found a loo the moment you arrived, and then spent your festival guarding it for your personal use. :P

1 hour ago, frostypaw said:

I don't think the Red Stripe was on tap anywhere? It was Symonds, Maltsmiths, Sbow Dark Fruits and I thought Amstel or something... didn't drink much beer but I remember being surprised at the cans of Red Stripe so don't think it was the standard beer. It was all the same as Bluedot and that was Amstel

It was in a few places.  Up by Whistlers Green and the bar my Loco Polo in Barrio loco for example.

24 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

from my own experience of boomtown I can only think you found a loo the moment you arrived, and then spent your festival guarding it for your personal use. :P

No - the loos were great. I virtually found none needing any more than a cursory wipe and hardly any that smelt particularly offensive. Compost loos do seem to be much better as a festival loo in general.

The only time I had a problem was at the end of my Scrapyard shift where at the nearest set of toilets, every single one had either shit or vomit all over the seat.

It was a shame that people had somehow managed to take the door off 2 or 3 in every block though!

28 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

It was a lot better this year. Seemed to be more toilets, and seemed a lot less fucked people as well. Not sure if this is going to be the trend going forward, or just because it was the Glastonbury fallow year:dontknow:

1 hour ago, stalemate9 said:

It was in a few places.  Up by Whistlers Green and the bar my Loco Polo in Barrio loco for example.

Oh cool, but also weird! Nicer on draught than the cans. I do wish the drinks provision would go back to how it was in 2013,  I mean they ran out of stuff but it was a glorious selection of non-standard fare.

8 hours ago, Winslow Leach said:

Weird that it's become such a thing among 19/20 year olds such a long time after the film, wonder how that happened.

I think its just a catchphrase to a lot of them rather than to do with the film.

Whenever someone said "nice one bruvaa" to me. I said "reach for the lasers safe as fuck" back to them, most didn't have a clue what I was going on about.

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

3 hours ago, amfy said:

It was a shame that people had somehow managed to take the door off 2 or 3 in every block though!

I don't think they were taking them off, they were falling off. Some poor girl was unwittingly exposed when her toilet door mysteriously decided to jump off it's hinges. I think it was something to do with  the flexibility of the structure.

The toilets this year seemed better than last year my only only complaint - apart from the doors falling off - was that they needed to be emptied a bit more often. I also think they should raise the seat up from the box a bit more as that would help people avoid the "wet" sawdust.

12 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

I think its just a catchphrase to a lot of them rather than to do with the film.

Whenever someone said "nice one bruvaa" to me. I said "reach for the lasers safe as fuck" back to them, most didn't have a clue what I was going on about.

Yeah but even so, weird how its suddenly seen a resurgence.