Boomtown 2018

eFestivals

13 hours ago, mr flow said:

Ha! I ended up djing in grandmas house earlier!

good lucky on your quest!

Not done much today to be honest. 

I have the deeds to the City and a floppy disk of information, but the place I need to get it to is closed!

Just arrived back in the North West... missed the closing ceremony.

Be careful on your journey home to all yet to leave, car park is a little hectic and I imagine leaving the site tomorrow could be time consuming. 

Will post my festival thoughts in coming days!

Just arrived back in the North West... missed the closing ceremony.

Be careful on your journey home to all yet to leave, car park is a little hectic and I imagine leaving the site tomorrow could be time consuming. 

Will post my festival thoughts in coming days!

Well that was a whole lot of fun! Had to leave the site yesterday early afternoon, but felt that they really nailed it this year. Everything seemed a lot more slicker, crowd seemed less messy, and i didn't see any agro all weekend. Sets have really gone up a notch too and volumes on the whole were a lot better this year too!

I also didn't feel the microvenues that went this year were massively missed either.

Awesome weekend. New stages all looked awesome, especially Disorder Alley. Seemed a lot better organised this year. Heard a few security horror stories but I had nothing but good experiences.

Gorrilaz and Dub Pistols were musical highlights. It's a shame Limp Bizkit had to be cut short.

Did anyone else go to the Bad Apple on Thursday? I met @Sasperella but we couldn't identify anyone else.

44 minutes ago, Tommy101 said:

Awesome weekend. New stages all looked awesome, especially Disorder Alley. Seemed a lot better organised this year. Heard a few security horror stories but I had nothing but good experiences.

Gorrilaz and Dub Pistols were musical highlights. It's a shame Limp Bizkit had to be cut short.

Did anyone else go to the Bad Apple on Thursday? I met @Sasperella but we couldn't identify anyone else.

Yep there was seantiz, kurplunk, Pilton digger, fuzzy Dunlop, Lucy ginger, welly boot, bennyhanna, splodge, Mrs splodge, and a couple of others whose names I have forgotten ( sorry). There were at least 3 of us with efestivals t shirts.

That was mental :D 

Only managed to find Sean and Phil though, then the fun kicked in and next thing I knew it was nighttime Thursday and I was jumping around somewhere having missed several attempted meetups.

Glad to hear it has the Ben seal of approval, hope you managed to wear yourself out!

The changes around Barrio Loco and Metropolis were absolutely amazing, even if Poco Loco had lost it's frontage. Hangar 161 was a helluva structure too. Can't believe every year they manage to make my jaw drop

Springs was odd - didn't feel robbed but not the best really, did a good job of making it feel like Boomtown straight away on Wednesday. Going to bed clean and showered after Sunday night was a thing of wonder. Extremely Drunken Sunday chewing through our drinks vouchers was a bit of a highlight, but the big prize goes to Deluxe who were actually more energetic and fun than last time. Hope everyone is suitably happy and knackered!

Damn close with the weather too, that was some serious rain at times

Edited by frostypaw

10 hours ago, Winslow Leach said:

Well that was a great weekend.

Might have been because I was tripping balls but that Gorillaz set hit me on a really deep level, which I was not expecting...

I was in the same “state of mind” as you for Gorillaz and I absolutely loved it. I actually got a little emotional when they did Don’t get lost in heaven and Damon collapsed on stage. 

What a mental festival!

Was my first year, and was truly blown away by the whole set up.

Unique, creative, and completely different to anything I have experienced. I mean, the attention to detail was something else. 

Easy to get fully immersed at Boomtown, bring on Chapter 11. Although my heads still spinning so need the years break to be prepared for it! ?

Hope everyone had a great year! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

20 hours ago, deebeedoobee said:

Yep there was seantiz, kurplunk, Pilton digger, fuzzy Dunlop, Lucy ginger, welly boot, bennyhanna, splodge, Mrs splodge, and a couple of others whose names I have forgotten ( sorry). There were at least 3 of us with efestivals t shirts.

Oooops @Tommy101 how did we miss them???

We did look around for @lucyginger (as we knew she had ginger hair!). We saw a girl fitting that description at the bar and I went and asked if her name was Lucy and she said yes.....but then when I said "from efestivals?" she looked extremely confused and said that she thought we were actually asking if she had any LSD, and then subsequently gave me a free tab of acid. Bit of a random outcome that!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 8/13/2018 at 10:01 PM, Michaels denim shorts said:

Back from my first, loved lions den, not a fan of that gorillaz set though. Great fest. Nowhere near enough toilets. Loads of musical highlights, mostly smaller stage stuff. It’s pretty hardcore, I’m broken inside and out today 

Hello ?

Glad you enjoyed the festival 

I missed the meet up but I had an amazing time.

Thankfully I had my walking boots as advised.

What a weekend. I am still broken.

Celebrating my birthday on Wednesday was pretty special 

I thought the toilets weren't bad, could be improved as could recycling but the food and stages/sets were perfection 

Shame about the rain  particularly on Friday  but if it was any hotter it would have been hard. Sleeping in the mornings was a life saver.

Edited by Miesh
  • Like 1