Boomtown 2018

eFestivals

2 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

Do not do this, Miesh.

The first rule of appeasing the weather gods is to take everything needed to survive a force 8 storm, in the sure and certain knowledge that in doing so you will need none of it!

Ben

My bag is already so heavy! Ok ok I'll wear the boots. Don't want to be blamed for a monsoon ?

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Tommy101 said:

Last year there was a theatrical treasure hunt/maze thing that sent you all around the site into some secret places. They made the start point quite obvious last year, I guess submitting a question might be this year if there is one/it's the same kind of thing. 

Last year was my first Boomtown so not sure if this sort of thing goes on every year but they seem to be making quite a big deal of it on social at the moment for something not to be planned.

Thanks for the info 

6 hours ago, mr flow said:

True. And to be honest, this is crew going in, so perhaps the crackdown is on the crew entrance this year. Either that, or security are bored as nothing else to do today :D

They were definitely taking the sniffer dogs down early to try and catch out the traders

Edited by Chavmeisterdeluxe

3 hours ago, Sku said:

Got all the leaks rounded up on here if anyone is still searching around:

http://boomtownsource.com/2018/08/boomtown-2018-lineup-leaked/

If I'm not allowed to post this here let me know and I'll remove.

Is this all the pages that have been leaked so far? Looking for times for:

Nadine Shah (Old Mines)
Billy Bragg (Old Mines)
Employed To Serve (Earache Express)
Jamie Lenman (Earache Express)
Dubioza Kolektiv (Town Centre)
Romare (Windmill)
Too Many Zooz (Windmill)

Mostly intending to see where the wind takes me (usually the Psy Forest) but would be nice to have a little bit of direction at times! Cheers in advance.

4 hours ago, vintagelaureate said:

@bennyhana22 are you going to the meet up?

I'm pretty sure I'll drop by at some point, vl.

It's likely where I'll meet up with some other Glastonbury friends too. My problem is that I'll be like a toddler on Christmas Day, and at 7pm won't want to stand around chatting...I'll want to be off seeing everything!!

Ben

I am currently sitting in our caravan just across the road from the site. I have looked at the weather using the location I sit in - Chilcomb.

It is a lovely evening and some rain is forecast overnight. Then Weds, Thurs, Fri, Sat all showing as sunny/cloudy with temperatures shifting just either side of 20c. 

There is a bit of rain also forecast between 9-10am on Sunday morning.

please, please, please, I would take your hand off for this to be true!

2 hours ago, lazyred said:

Do they enforce the rule about no teenagers (12 to 17) in the downtown area after 10:00 pm? Daughter is 16 with no unofficial id so we bought a teen ticket.

We have had no grief with my boy downtown in all the years going. Only noticed last year about the rule, so just told him to keep his head down and stay away from security. 

TBH we mostly spent time uptown but we stayed till the end Sunday in Chinatown without any problems. 

Hes only turned 16 this year. 

1 hour ago, vintagelaureate said:

Ah good stuff. I do intend to drop by... although I didn't at last year's Glastonbury one. I never know how to introduce myself haha.

I'm short with fairly big curly ginger hair, if you see anyone fitting that bill ask if it's me! Have you met any efesters before? Not sure if anyone has a flag or anything? 

7 hours ago, frostypaw said:

Good luck! Sure you won't be distracted, all very professional

Thanks! It's not quite the start to the festival weekend is planned but hopefully it'll be worth it. 

I plan on making the meet but also wouldn't mind seeing idles so not sure how long I'll be there. 

12 hours ago, theevilfridge said:

Is this all the pages that have been leaked so far? Looking for times for:

Nadine Shah (Old Mines)
Billy Bragg (Old Mines)
Employed To Serve (Earache Express)
Jamie Lenman (Earache Express)
Dubioza Kolektiv (Town Centre)
Romare (Windmill)
Too Many Zooz (Windmill)

Mostly intending to see where the wind takes me (usually the Psy Forest) but would be nice to have a little bit of direction at times! Cheers in advance.

Check your DM's :)