Boomtown 2018

eFestivals

1 hour ago, flaimedog said:

What’s the maze everyone is on about? I signed up to the AMI thing. 

Last year there was a theatrical treasure hunt/maze thing that sent you all around the site into some secret places. They made the start point quite obvious last year, I guess submitting a question might be this year if there is one/it's the same kind of thing. 

Last year was my first Boomtown so not sure if this sort of thing goes on every year but they seem to be making quite a big deal of it on social at the moment for something not to be planned.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, mr flow said:

From what i have heard about people going in to the festival already, searches have been a lot more this year, so be prepared when you arrive.

without getting the rubber gloves out/asking punters to bend over and cough I thought the searches were already about as exhaustive as they could get!

2 minutes ago, Tommy101 said:

without getting the rubber gloves out/asking punters to bend over and cough I thought the searches were already about as exhaustive as they could get!

True. And to be honest, this is crew going in, so perhaps the crackdown is on the crew entrance this year. Either that, or security are bored as nothing else to do today :D

Weather watching is just not bloody for you, is it?

I've spent the last three days entirely dismissing the BBC, as it wasn't to my liking, choosing to believe without challenge the Met Office.

This morning, BBC is my new Best Friend, whereas the Met Office can do one.

God, I'm fickle...

?

Ben

Edit - why do I get anaemic emojis on my work PC...?

Edited by bennyhana22

47 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Why would they do that? I mean, it's hardly going to be crew members bringing anything in, is it?

Ben

Well sometimes it is yes, but they're just chasing their own tails thinking they can stop it if they keep demanding BT pay them more so they can crack down harder.

According to those I spoke to the dealer's supplies never see the gates, it just criminalises the amateurs. Proper shitshow. Despite loving Boomtown I think this is probably my last as all this is just so intensely unpleasant.

Just waiting for them to confiscate all my vape stuff now effectively pushing me to smoke, at which point I might explode a bit.

3 minutes ago, mashedonmud said:

Who's gonna search the people who search the security?

more to the point, who needs the security anyway?

That's not saying there should be none - stuff like the bars might need it to avoid being robbed, and there is sometimes a bit of a need for some crowd control (at some festivals, anyway) - but most of the stuff they're tasked with towards the punters is absolutely fucking ridiculous when compared to normal life.

Edited by eFestivals