Boomtown 2018

eFestivals

50 minutes ago, Winslow Leach said:

When and where is this?

http://www.illuminaughty.co.uk/events/illuminaughty-takeover-psychedelic-forest-boomtown-fair-2018/

Reference to Sunday Techno Takeover towards the bottom, Winslow. 

Would be phenomenal if Enrico closed 2200-0000h after Charlotte. Now that would be a way to end my first Boomtown (if a little early in the night!). 

I’ve kind of asked before, but ‘seriously’, what do people do at BT after midnight on Sunday??? Do some of the micro/street venues keep going with lower noise levels? Or do we all just jolly well have to go to bed?!

Ben

17 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

I’ve kind of asked before, but ‘seriously’, what do people do at BT after midnight on Sunday??? Do some of the micro/street venues keep going with lower noise levels? Or do we all just jolly well have to go to bed?!

I was advised last year to go as hard as possible on the Saturday so after midnight on the Sunday it was possible to crash after seeing off the rest of our booze back at the tents - it wasn't straight to bed but was the earliest night of the weekend. 

22 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

All venues will close at midnight. It's a way of appeasing the locals/council. In recent years, people all congregated in the Hidden woods and got all the bins and started drumming on them! Seemed to keep people happy for a good few hours, until security stopped them. 

21 minutes ago, Tommy101 said:

I was advised last year to go as hard as possible on the Saturday so after midnight on the Sunday it was possible to crash after seeing off the rest of our booze back at the tents - it wasn't straight to bed but was the earliest night of the weekend. 

Sounds like a plan, plus going full tilt at the Sunday Techno Takeover...

15 minutes ago, mr flow said:

All venues will close at midnight. It's a way of appeasing the locals/council. In recent years, people all congregated in the Hidden woods and got all the bins and started drumming on them! Seemed to keep people happy for a good few hours, until security stopped them. 

Ha! Thanks, mr f. 

Ben

2 hours ago, frostypaw said:

If you're not ready to collapse by the time the music stops Sunday then you've paced yourself wrong...

My first reaction to that thought, frosty, was bollocks!

This was based on my typically still dancing at 5am on Glastonbury Monday morning!

But then I guess I’d paced for that! So, good advice. Clearly I’m going to have to gun it from the off on the Sunday!!!

Ben

?

1 hour ago, bennyhana22 said:

My first reaction to that thought, frosty, was bollocks!

This was based on my typically still dancing at 5am on Glastonbury Monday morning!

But then I guess I’d paced for that! So, good advice. Clearly I’m going to have to gun it from the off on the Sunday!!!

Ben

?

haha :D  it's all about the pacing. have had much sorer feet there than glasto - much more stuff to jump around to. There are always a few little parties going on to use up the last few steps. 

Been listening to some of Charlotte de Witte's Tomorrowland set. It's pretty damn excellent.

Assuming she plays late enough for it to be sunset/dark, to a crowd of techno-heads who have foregone all the other delights of Sunday night at Boomtown to be in the Psy Forest, it should be very, very special...!

Ben

• Like 1

13 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

We wandered to the noise which was the hidden woods drumming. 

But also discovered the silent disco was still going on in one of the inside venues in the  Bario Loco area downtown. 

13 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

Just tweeted Charlotte to ask her to bring a set like the Tomorrowland one, and that she would be assured of one hell of an appreciative audience...

...she tweeted back saying she would bring an even stronger techno set!

I think we can safely say that is game on!

Ben

I will definitely partaking in techno sunday!

• Like 1