Boomtown 2018

eFestivals

31 minutes ago, Lakey91 said:

Yeah I've managed to sneak gin into 3 festivals now using the same method, so I'm pretty confident about that. Thing is I'm not really a spirits drinker so I usually end up giving it away to friends and then just stick with the beers.

I suppose for the sake of one weekend I can probably manage to force vodka or gin down my neck. ?

Smuggle them in, and swap them with mates for 3 or 4 cold pints?! :drinks:

3 hours ago, Jimpsnl said:

Question regarding the E-Fest meet at bad Apple.

is this just a meet for the Thursday or do we generally all stick together for the festival? Be pretty cool if we did.

Just for then but if you're on your own or want other people to hang out with it's a good chance to meet and ask. There's enough music variety it's hard to keep a group all together and decided.

Funny about the tickets. Suspect the great weather now has distracted people a bit too with party now rather than plan party later.

3 hours ago, eFestivals said:
3 hours ago, vintagelaureate said:

I'm guessing the expensive up levelled tickets aren't selling well as they've just put standard back on sale...

they've also put standard tickets on see tickets.

Totally sold out event can't sell all it's tickets. Wow.

I hope people who bought the £490 tickets when they were the only type still avaliable aren't bitter now they've learnt the festival never actually sold out afterall...

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, Sku said:

Totally sold out event can't sell all it's tickets. Wow.

I hope people who bought the £490 tickets when they were the only type still avaliable aren't bitter now they've learnt the festival never actually sold out afterall...

It is starting to become obvious that boomtown were so reliant on getting the extra capacity approval that they spent stupid money this year.

I actually heard this from an extremely reliable source (I naturally can’t name them. sorry guys but I am sure you understand) 

everything about the festival this year STINKS of cash grab from the extra money for wednesday entry (before they made it free) to boomtown springs to these new released tickets when it was supposed to be sold out  and many other things.

i say this as a massive fan and attendee of every boomtown to date the last 10 years.

this year better be worth it.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Tommy101 said:

Any ideas on who this surprise Sunday headliner is anyone?

I didn't know there was one?? 

I know there is on a smaller stage I think?

3 hours ago, Jimpsnl said:

It is starting to become obvious that boomtown were so reliant on getting the extra capacity approval that they spent stupid money this year.

It got rejected didn't it? I've never been before but entry price alone puts it at one of the highest in England so I'm expecting big things (production wise at least).

1 hour ago, vintagelaureate said:

It got rejected didn't it? I've never been before but entry price alone puts it at one of the highest in England so I'm expecting big things (production wise at least).

Yes it got rejected but the source I have has basically said that Boomtown were (stupidly) so confident that they would be granted it that they basically spent money like it was going out of fashion as naturally they thought the extra 10/15 thousand capacity and ticket revenue was a cert 

It become blatantly obvious to me when suddenly boomtown springs appeared from nowhere. Basically an ‘oh shit we need to make some money’

I’m trying not to slate the festival too much because I have been an attendee since the very first one and I LOVE IT! However, it does seem to be going the way of most festivals (money money money) and I can bet my left nut that in the next couple of years it will no longer be ‘independant’ and will be bought out by a large organisation

Edited by Jimpsnl

7 hours ago, Jimpsnl said:

I’m trying not to slate the festival too much because I have been an attendee since the very first one and I LOVE IT! However, it does seem to be going the way of most festivals (money money money) and I can bet my left nut that in the next couple of years it will no longer be ‘independant’ and will be bought out by a large organisation

How much do you love your left nut? I think you'll have lost that bet in a couple of years.

It's pretty common knowledge that the festival probably put all their eggs in to the capacity increase box this year, which they had turned down by the council at the 11th hour. As a result, that's why the pricing structure is all over the shop, and why Boomtown Springs appeared, which hasn't been that popular by the sounds of things. I don't think Springs will be back next year.

However, they have invested heavily in the infrastructure on site, and this is going to go a long way to securing the festivals future, and also making things a lot easier for us as punters. Also, they've just had their annual meeting with the council and emergency services, where they go through the operational and infrastructure plans. Usually they get a lot of concerns raised, but this is the first year they had no complaints from any of the authorities, which is hugely positive.

Boomtown know that there's a lot of moans about the festival this year, and that they have to knock it out the ball park to make sure everyone is happy. I'm pretty confident they'll do it.

10 hours ago, vintagelaureate said:

Its the biggest Drum & Bass stage in the world, to celebrate 10 years of hosting some of the craziest parties on earth it’s getting bigger..... and louder !!!

Any idea who the secret Sunday headliner is 1f609.png? !?

That quote is from the BT facebook page with a picture of Sector 6 so I assume it'll be there

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, mr flow said:

How much do you love your left nut? I think you'll have lost that bet in a couple of years.

It's pretty common knowledge that the festival probably put all their eggs in to the capacity increase box this year, which they had turned down by the council at the 11th hour. As a result, that's why the pricing structure is all over the shop, and why Boomtown Springs appeared, which hasn't been that popular by the sounds of things. I don't think Springs will be back next year.

However, they have invested heavily in the infrastructure on site, and this is going to go a long way to securing the festivals future, and also making things a lot easier for us as punters. Also, they've just had their annual meeting with the council and emergency services, where they go through the operational and infrastructure plans. Usually they get a lot of concerns raised, but this is the first year they had no complaints from any of the authorities, which is hugely positive.

Boomtown know that there's a lot of moans about the festival this year, and that they have to knock it out the ball park to make sure everyone is happy. I'm pretty confident they'll do it.

I hope your right Sir! Either way I am pretty sure that all will be forgiven the moment those gates open and the madness begins...

I for one am very much looking forward to it :)

• Like 1

With Gorillaz down as Saturday, and the presumption Jimmy Cliff is headlining Lions Den - would that place Die Antewoord on Friday? 

There aren't many bands/acts I am putting down to see but the unknown day splits is killing me. ? I am already at a crossroads with my two mates I am going with; due to the probable Gorrilaz/Limp Bizkit clash! I can't not go to see Limo Bizkit, I lived on them 18 years ago but never saw them live! My mates are going Gorrilaz though! 

Cheers @Tommy101, do you think it'll be a 'bigger' name with it being the last night? What time do the acts stay on till with the curfew at 12pm on the last night? 

On ‎6‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 7:16 AM, eFestivals said:

ticket resale right now, too.

Looks like no one wants those over-hyped tickets.

General entry tickets have been back on sale since Saturday afternoon and are still available now.

So how sold out was it in the first place?  

How many people purchased the super-expensive Boomtown Springs tickets thinking it was the last chance to get access to the festival?

10 minutes ago, stu_kent said:

So how sold out was it in the first place? 

I reckon it was close. There won't have been tens of thousands of Boomtown Springs tickets.

Unfortunately I reckon they've missed the boat for interest in remaining tickets, with the people who might have bought them having moved on to do other things instead. Having said that, I suspect they'll easily sell as the event gets closer and conversation about boomtown increases.

But I also suspect they might be feeling a bit desperate about it right now, as all of the profit (if there is any profit) comes from the last tickets to be sold (as opposed to a cut from each ticket sold) - so they'll be very keen to get them sold.

23 minutes ago, frostypaw said:

On the final night the headliners finish a good half hour early as there's the theatrical conclusion to happen - that's no bad thing though, they're spectacular.

Does that take place across the stages or just as Bang Hai? 

What time can you leave from? Car park access is restricted isn't it?

32 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

Does that take place across the stages or just as Bang Hai? 

What time can you leave from? Car park access is restricted isn't it?

You can leave at whatever time you want i think. It's getting in that gets closed. Last year I stayed in the Holiday Inn which is about 15 min walk away, as we had a three month old baby with us, and i never had an issue leaving site at 3/4am 

• Like 1

Has anyone booked a "glamping option" and emailed Zoo events group about your requirements? I've been waiting to hear back from them for about 10 days, emailed twice, heard nothing back. 

Boomtown Springs team have emailed on my behalf too and still nothing.