Boomtown 2018

eFestivals

18 hours ago, vintagelaureate said:

How many usually go the meet up? 

That depends on the traffic, weather, how drunk/ lost people get. Last year I think there were about 5 or 6 of us . Years previous there have been 10 or 20. We usually sit/ stand to the right of the bad Apple bar if you look at it (with the stage behind you). Usually either Pilton digger or I will have an efest t shirt on. I think pinhead had his efester shirt on last year (?). So shout out or approach randoms, either is acceptable.

On 6/15/2018 at 3:49 PM, Winslow Leach said:

Boomtown being a tad unhelpful over what's happening with coaches for people who had Thursday but have got Wednesday entry. Told me to contact National Express but surely they must know? 

Finally some news about this :)

Screenshot_2018-07-08-15-24-32.png

10 hours ago, vintagelaureate said:

@mr flow any info on day splits? 

Been digging round a few websites today - Gorillaz (11th), Limp Bizkit and Die Antewoord (both say 12th). 

Nothing yet. If previous years are anything to go by, I should get it in the next few weeks, so will let you know when I get it.

• Upvote 2

I've heard great things about the Gorillaz set too. I think I'm more bothered about this than I was when they did Glastonbury which is odd for me - didn't go see that and it seems like it was the right call at the time. Now I'm curious

I think half the people who wanted to get to the meet last year fell victim to the queue - either still in it or wiped out after it. Hopefully this year's arrangements will make that an impossibility

13 minutes ago, frostypaw said:

I've heard great things about the Gorillaz set too. I think I'm more bothered about this than I was when they did Glastonbury which is odd for me - didn't go see that and it seems like it was the right call at the time. Now I'm curious

Yeah, looking at their set lists currently, i reckon it's going to be a great set. I was worried they might play loads of their last album - Humanz, which i really didn't like, but they're only playing 2-3 songs off that album.  

Morning gang!

Heading to my first ever Boomtown this year with a few pals. Got a quick question for someone who's been before.

Once you enter the festival are you allowed to return to the car park to collect extra belongings??

Also, I notice the website says there's a beer limit of 16 cans / 7 litres per person...

If they do allow you to return to your cars then what's to stop people taking another 16 cans in each time?

Trying to do the festival on a fairly small budget as I am going to Ibiza just before.

Cheers x

1 hour ago, tjamest said:

Have not been for a couple of years, but you normally have to take all your booze in on the first trip. After you get your wristband you are aloud back out to bring in other stuff.

That makes sense. Thanks for the info

7 hours ago, Lakey91 said:

Trying to do the festival on a fairly small budget as I am going to Ibiza just before.

They are quite strict on the limit but there are always ways to smuggle in some extras. Decent spirits into 50cl water bottles and hide them in ingenious places in your luggage. Then you just need to buy mixers once in there ?

On ‎7‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 12:07 PM, bennyhana22 said:

I thought you'd got rid of all your BT stuff, Yog?

Ben
x

Hello Ben,

I thought that I had too, but it wasn't to be. Fair play to the efester that was due to buy them both off me - he /she informed me at the earliest opportunity that their mate had to fall out of the proposal to go. These things happen, so it's not a problem. 

Things are a little crazy this end. What's new I hear you ask? Tom is now in India (with all my loot) and communication is sporadic. I'd paid for him, apparently, to go to Nepal for 3 months, but then, without asking, he just fucked off to India. He had indicated that he was living beyond frugally, but that no longer seems to be the situation - hence 'our' (me and Stella) having to sacrifice BoomTown. And would you believe, but he still thinks I'm a c**t! The one that has provided him with opportunity after opportunity, something his biological father fails to do. Yes, I am mad. Truly insane. Ho hum, I've realized that you don't actually get brownie points for being 'genuinely nice'. There's the rub!

Yog

xxx

3 hours ago, stalemate9 said:

I thought the website said that you cant leave site and come back in with more beer?

Edit yep

" No re-entry with alcohol also applies."

As with everything, if you're clever, you can get away with things. You could quite easily stash a bottle of spirits on you, if you go back for re-entry.

12 minutes ago, mr flow said:

As with everything, if you're clever, you can get away with things. You could quite easily stash a bottle of spirits on you, if you go back for re-entry.

Yeah I've managed to sneak gin into 3 festivals now using the same method, so I'm pretty confident about that. Thing is I'm not really a spirits drinker so I usually end up giving it away to friends and then just stick with the beers.

I suppose for the sake of one weekend I can probably manage to force vodka or gin down my neck. ?