Boomtown 2018

eFestivals

After feedback  (limited sales?) Wednesday entry is now available for those travelling by car (3 or more people in each car) or by train.

The fb posts from Boomtown are saying how much fun it will be. Yesterday they were playing it down. 

It must be very stressful for the organisers trying to get it right as @mr flow explained.

Edited by Miesh

9 hours ago, Miesh said:

After feedback  (limited sales?) Wednesday entry is now available for those travelling by car (3 or more people in each car) or by train.

The fb posts from Boomtown are saying how much fun it will be. Yesterday they were playing it down. 

It must be very stressful for the organisers trying to get it right as @mr flow explained.

with the punter/staff ratio being around 8:1 - or not - based on the Wednesday price, I reckon they might think they've got it right. :P

With monetries like that no wonder they're playing it up.

Edited by eFestivals

1 hour ago, mr flow said:

It's not £26 for the extra day. It's £26 for the weekend, which is the same as the normal car park tickets

oh right... my mistake....

and if you've already bought your thursday car park ticket, but then decide to come weds too?  

am I being dense?

1 hour ago, man next door said:

oh right... my mistake....

and if you've already bought your thursday car park ticket, but then decide to come weds too?  

am I being dense?

You're not being dense, as it's not that well labelled on the ticket site! Basically, to be let into the car park on the Weds, you have to have a Weds pass to gain entry. If you already have a normal car park ticket, you can exchange FOC for a Weds one, as long as you fit the criteria to gain entry (IE 3 or more in the car).

7 hours ago, mr flow said:

You're not being dense, as it's not that well labelled on the ticket site! Basically, to be let into the car park on the Weds, you have to have a Weds pass to gain entry. If you already have a normal car park ticket, you can exchange FOC for a Weds one, as long as you fit the criteria to gain entry (IE 3 or more in the car).

Cheers dude , I’m back in the room ?

9 hours ago, vintagelaureate said:

With it being open Wednesday, will you be allowed in anytime on Thursday rather than 12pm?

judging from what i've read somewhere (their website, i think), nope. 

There was a comment something along the lines of "if you all turn up at daybreak for the midday opening you'll be queuing for hours".

On 5/18/2018 at 10:48 PM, vintagelaureate said:

With it being open Wednesday, will you be allowed in anytime on Thursday rather than 12pm?

Historically, they close the gates from 10pm until Noon the following day for people entering the site. Not sure if this will be the case again

I bought a bog standard weekend ticket a few months back and now want to add a shuttle to/from the train station. I might be being thick but can't see one on the website unless it includes a Weds entry. Does anyone know if they are available or if you can get them on the day? 

EDIT:

Sorry found this right after clicking post:

If you decide to travel by train you can take advantage of our shuttle service which runs from Winchester train station directly to the festival site! Return tickets can be bought with cash on the day for £10. The timetable will be announced nearer the time.

I'll leave it here just in case it's helpful for anyone.

Edited by Tommy101

I need to add car parking... will Google it.

There's three of us going, our BIG tent died at Glastonbury last year. Are we best going big again (3 room/8 man) or would be better getting three smaller ones? Thinking more of where we will pitch up - reckon we will get on site for 12ish on the Thursday. Someone recommended Wild West camping to me?

1 hour ago, vintagelaureate said:

Someone recommended Wild West camping to me?

I bet they did, the dirty bastards!

While on that subject;

Three cowboys of the world are sitting around camp talking about how tough they were and the tales kept getting bigger and bigger.The cowboy from Australia says, "I wrestled a 200 pound crocodile and may it cry like a baby." The Cowboy from Brazil shakes his head and says, "I killed a 400 pound steer with my bare hands." The Cowboy from Texas just smiled and kept stirring the campfire with his leg.

13 hours ago, vintagelaureate said:

Someone recommended Wild West camping to me?

I went for the first time last year and camped there, it seemed central, slight slope so good for drainage but easy to sleep on. I'll be heading there again this year. Not sure how quickly it'll fill up, hopefully getting in will be a much different experience this year.

1 hour ago, Tommy101 said:

I went for the first time last year and camped there, it seemed central, slight slope so good for drainage but easy to sleep on. I'll be heading there again this year. Not sure how quickly it'll fill up, hopefully getting in will be a much different experience this year.

I saw the queues - weather caused a big delay though? I just need to remember a few bottles of water as the Glastonbury queue nearly got me last time out!!

It's my first Boomtown, so I'll probably not even know where I've camped!!

4 hours ago, vintagelaureate said:

I saw the queues - weather caused a big delay though? I just need to remember a few bottles of water as the Glastonbury queue nearly got me last time out!!

It's my first Boomtown, so I'll probably not even know where I've camped!!

I'd be amazed if they are that bad again. I think they've invested a lot to prevent it and allowing some in on the Wednesday should ease pressure on the Thursday too

1 hour ago, Sku said:

The problem with Wild West this year, is it seems likely that Boomtown Springs is located there. I'm not sure how much of the room this will take up.

Balls, didn't know that. I suppose at least it verifies it's popularity if it's being used for premium camping.

4 hours ago, Sku said:

The problem with Wild West this year, is it seems likely that Boomtown Springs is located there. I'm not sure how much of the room this will take up.

May I ask how you know this? :) I'm hoping you're wrong and I'm no expert.

Springs is open on the Wednesday but the area containing Wild West camping doesn't open until Thursday which suggests they are not in the same place.

I'll be camping in Wild West assuming we can get the space.

1 hour ago, Miesh said:

May I ask how you know this? :) I'm hoping you're wrong and I'm no expert.

Springs is open on the Wednesday but the area containing Wild West camping doesn't open until Thursday which suggests they are not in the same place.

I'll be camping in Wild West assuming we can get the space.

It's an educated guess.

Check last year's map for reference and let's hunt for clues...20280718_2002391176453753_60067938781196

Here is a description of the location from the Boomtown website:

An excellent central, yet spacious location to the North West of the site - close enough to be right up in the action within minutes, central enough to reach each side of site quickly but spread out enough to be able to get some relative peace and quiet!

We also know it's next to a car park.

This leaves only two possible locations: Wild West Camping & Chinatown Camping. They are the only places that can be described as "North West" and are potentially next to car parks. I'm leaning more  towards Boomtown Springs being in Wild West, due to them saying that it's "centrally located" and can reach "each side" quickly.

One last clue, it's been announced that it's not possible to leave Boomtown Springs on Wednesday... No access to Hidden Forest or the other Wednesday campsites. Springs will have it's own Wednesday entertainment. This suggests it's totally separate to the other areas of the festival open on Wednesday.

I'm pretty sure even if Boomtown Springs is in Wild West, there will still be regular camping there too, it just might be smaller than before. Of course it's possible that the volunteer and artist camping is being moved to make the space too.

Looking forward to them releasing a map to settle it!

Edited by Sku

10 hours ago, Sku said:

It's an educated guess.

Check last year's map for reference and let's hunt for clues...20280718_2002391176453753_60067938781196

Here is a description of the location from the Boomtown website:

An excellent central, yet spacious location to the North West of the site - close enough to be right up in the action within minutes, central enough to reach each side of site quickly but spread out enough to be able to get some relative peace and quiet!

We also know it's next to a car park.

This leaves only two possible locations: Wild West Camping & Chinatown Camping. They are the only places that can be described as "North West" and are potentially next to car parks. I'm leaning more  towards Boomtown Springs being in Wild West, due to them saying that it's "centrally located" and can reach "each side" quickly.

One last clue, it's been announced that it's not possible to leave Boomtown Springs on Wednesday... No access to Hidden Forest or the other Wednesday campsites. Springs will have it's own Wednesday entertainment. This suggests it's totally separate to the other areas of the festival open on Wednesday.

I'm pretty sure even if Boomtown Springs is in Wild West, there will still be regular camping there too, it just might be smaller than before. Of course it's possible that the volunteer and artist camping is being moved to make the space too.

Looking forward to them releasing a map to settle it!

From what I've been told, Boomtown Springs will be in the area above Wild West and next to Psy Forest that is currently marked in a darker colour as has been previously used for crew camping.

13 hours ago, mr flow said:

From what I've been told, Boomtown Springs will be in the area above Wild West and next to Psy Forest that is currently marked in a darker colour as has been previously used for crew camping.

Sounds about right. Thanks for the info. 

14 hours ago, mr flow said:

I can’t fault your line up info last year but that location doesn’t sound very North West to me.

“it's been announced that it's not possible to leave Boomtown Springs on Wednesday... No access to HiddenForest or the other Wednesday campsites.

where did this info come from please? 

I have some friends going Wednesday and they are gonna be pissed if they are restricted to BS only. (Tbh they wouldn’t accept being penned in at a festival) 

I had thought that as everything Weds was based hidden woods area then BSprings would be downtown.  

Either way I can’t wait to see the ‘pool’