Boomtown 2018

eFestivals

• 2 weeks later...
WIN an epic weekend at Boomtown
BOOMTOWN
EXPERIENCE THE MAGIC FOR YOURSELF
Dizzying, theatrical and worlds away from any other festival, Boomtown Fair will soon re-emerge in Hampshire for its 10th Chapter. To celebrate, we’re giving you the chance to win 4 weekend tickets and a whole range of amazing extras.

Simply enter online using the link below before 27 May 2018.
THE PRIZE
4 X WEEKEND TICKETS
(4 adults, can include under 18s, provided there are at least 2 adults in the group)
4 X BEDS & SLEEPING BAGS IN PRE-PITCHED TENT AT TANGERINE FIELDS
4 X ZOOLOO WRISTBANDS
for premium toilet and showering facilities
£250 CASH
FREE RETURN COACH TRAVEL

For some reason, I can't post the link.

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:
BOOMTOWN
EXPERIENCE THE MAGIC FOR YOURSELF
Dizzying, theatrical and worlds away from any other festival, Boomtown Fair will soon re-emerge in Hampshire for its 10th Chapter. To celebrate, we’re giving you the chance to win 4 weekend tickets and a whole range of amazing extras.

Simply enter online using the link below before 27 May 2018.
THE PRIZE
4 X WEEKEND TICKETS
(4 adults, can include under 18s, provided there are at least 2 adults in the group)
4 X BEDS & SLEEPING BAGS IN PRE-PITCHED TENT AT TANGERINE FIELDS
4 X ZOOLOO WRISTBANDS
for premium toilet and showering facilities
£250 CASH
FREE RETURN COACH TRAVEL

For some reason, I can't post the link.

Thats the most ridiculous competition ive seen since i last watched the gadget show. Mental prizes. Nice one! 

3 hours ago, TheFullShaboo said:

Thats the most ridiculous competition ive seen since i last watched the gadget show. Mental prizes. Nice one! 

I didn't (and still don't) know what the competition involves, as I never looked at the detail. I was in a hurry as I had to be elsewhere, so all I did was copy and paste it on here. I did try to provide a link a few times, but it failed for reasons unknown to me. 

I've only seen a few minutes (at most) of the gadget show, so have no idea how ridiculous the competition involves in that respect. I'm almost tempted to have a look at the competition website, but wont. I'll not because I have Boomtown tickets, and because I'm guessing it's quite complicated, and I don't really do complicated. My brain wont let me. I have a very lazy brain. :)

Getting a little nervous so thought I'd look through line up and hey ho at least there's 4 bands who I'm personal friends with so that's something I can do.. Go meet up before and after.... Not long now was going to start a count down but thought better off it. 

11 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I think my lack of musical knowledge is well known on here. I'm actually going to have to look up limp bizkit to see what they are about. I've heard some Gorillaz stuff and like it ( most notably the track Revolving Doors, or whatever it's called). 

Limp Bizkits most popular song:

But their best song:

However I'd go see:

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, Tommy101 said:

Limp Bizkits most popular song:

But their best song:

However I'd go see:

Hello Tommy101,

Thank you so much for providing the information that you have. Unfortunately I can't access those songs right now because;

(a) I'm off my head. Those people who say that they can't get a 90's e again, believe me, they are out there.

(b) If I turn off the music that's on, then I may have a breakdown!  lol  The piece of music is this, by the way. :)

1 hour ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Hello Tommy101,

Thank you so much for providing the information that you have. Unfortunately I can't access those songs right now because;

(a) I'm off my head. Those people who say that they can't get a 90's e again, believe me, they are out there.

(b) If I turn off the music that's on, then I may have a breakdown!  lol  The piece of music is this, by the way. :)

No drama Yog, definitely leave Limp Bizkit for now - they're a bit rowdy and might not be so great with the beans (certainly not as well as that tidy Angello number).

50 minutes ago, Tommy101 said:

No drama Yog, definitely leave Limp Bizkit for now - they're a bit rowdy and might not be so great with the beans (certainly not as well as that tidy Angello number).

Hello Tommy101,

Thank you once again. I don't do rowdy, so that's further useful information. I failed to say, however, that I have managed to save your limp bizkit recommendations, so will listen to them, probably, tomorrow. 

Cheers mate. :)

18 hours ago, mr flow said:

Because its what I've been told. If you check back through my older posts, and also from what others have said in this thread, my info is usually very accurate.

Do you have any information regarding the secret headliner for Sector 6? Some of my friends are extremely optimistic and have decided its Pendulum haha. Not that i wouldn't be buzzing with this, just cant see it happening at all. 

31 minutes ago, TheFullShaboo said:

Do you have any information regarding the secret headliner for Sector 6? Some of my friends are extremely optimistic and have decided its Pendulum haha. Not that i wouldn't be buzzing with this, just cant see it happening at all. 

I don't i'm afraid. Will find out stuff closer to the time i imagine. I would also be very surprised if it's Pendulum! I don't think it'll be anyone of that sort of size.

10 hours ago, vintagelaureate said:

Gutted if Gorillaz and Limp Bizkit clash, it'll divide my little group!

Sadly, it was always going to be the case, as the have to try and split the crowd. They did it a few years ago with Madness and Leftfield playing at the same time. 

44 minutes ago, Tommy101 said:

£40 for Wednesday entry seems a bit steep?

At first glance, but when you factor in they have to pay extra policing and security for a full day, they have to make their money back somehow.

Boomtown's problem this year is the fact they have had the extra day approved way after ticket sales, so the pricing structure isn't perfect. Good news is that i believe they have had improved sound limits granted.

1 hour ago, mr flow said:

At first glance, but when you factor in they have to pay extra policing and security for a full day, they have to make their money back somehow.

Boomtown's problem this year is the fact they have had the extra day approved way after ticket sales, so the pricing structure isn't perfect. Good news is that i believe they have had improved sound limits granted.

I'm not really knocking it from a organisation point of view, more as a punter. I doubt I'd be able to go anyway but hope it will help sort out some of the entrance shit storm from last year. They were trying to play it off as a 'people won't be missing out on much if you turn up on Thursday card' so I assumed it'd be like Reading back in the day where there were only a few burger vans open and you only paid an extra tenner. That said it's been over a decade since I did that so it'd probably be a similar price range now.

Sounds like it's all moving in the right direction, I'm sure next year they can be a bit more pro active and less reactive and all will make more sense. 

Glad to hear about the sound, do you know any more details? Is it just for the Weds or extra volume/time over the weekend?

29 minutes ago, Tommy101 said:

I'm not really knocking it from a organisation point of view, more as a punter. I doubt I'd be able to go anyway but hope it will help sort out some of the entrance shit storm from last year. They were trying to play it off as a 'people won't be missing out on much if you turn up on Thursday card' so I assumed it'd be like Reading back in the day where there were only a few burger vans open and you only paid an extra tenner. That said it's been over a decade since I did that so it'd probably be a similar price range now.

Sounds like it's all moving in the right direction, I'm sure next year they can be a bit more pro active and less reactive and all will make more sense. 

Glad to hear about the sound, do you know any more details? Is it just for the Weds or extra volume/time over the weekend?

All I know, is they have new improved levels agreed, which i believe to be for whole weekend. Not sure how much the increase is, or if they have a to reduce the noise at a certain time, but we should all get some extra volume over the weekend :)