Boomtown 2018

eFestivals

11 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Do you know if a downloadable map is put on to the website before the event, or are you limited to having to get a program in order to get a map of the place? I'm not sure that I'll actually need a program otherwise, because such is my knowledge of music, that the vast majority of different acts names will just be words to me, and actually mean nothing.

A map is usually put online in advance of the festival. For 2013 they rearranged the layout and refused to publish a map so as not to spoil the surprise, but I think those type of days are gone. 

As a sidenote as well the blackboards at the info tent are usually more reliable than the programmes. With hundreds of venues, an awful lot can change between going to print and the festival. In 2016 the lanyard and programme had differering timetables and it was very confusing... Definitely not a strong point for Boomtown. 

Try to not schedule too much to see. And if it really is a "must see" double check the time at the info tent. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Sku said:

A map is usually put online in advance of the festival. For 2013 they rearranged the layout and refused to publish a map so as not to spoil the surprise, but I think those type of days are gone. 

ahh, fair enough. I was thinking they were likely to do the same this year as there's going to be big changes.

9 hours ago, Sku said:

As a sidenote as well the blackboards at the info tent are usually more reliable than the programmes. With hundreds of venues, an awful lot can change between going to print and the festival. In 2016 the lanyard and programme had differering timetables and it was very confusing... Definitely not a strong point for Boomtown. 

Try to not schedule too much to see. And if it really is a "must see" double check the time at the info tent. 

Thanks for the info Sku. Very helpful. I can't really schedule too much anyway because I reckon at least 99% of the acts will be unknown to me! It will be very much a case of following my nose, and seeing where it takes me.  :)

2 hours ago, stalemate9 said:

Thanks, that kind of sucks I like to go prepared and I wont have a smartphone on me so I can't get onto the website.

I hope I can get a programme.

You'll definitely be able to get a programme when you arrive. As i've mentioned above, i can usually find some stuff out closer to the time, and last year people pm'ed me a list of acts they wanted to know the day and time for and i sent it back to them. Hopefully it'll be the same again this year too, but i'll let you know if i find anything out.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, bennyhana22 said:

Any/how many districts still to announce?

Ben

Edit - Barrio Loco coming tomorrow!

In total there are 14 unique area line-ups, along with three "mega stage" line-ups.

Town Centre, Lions Den, Old Town, Copper County, Paradise Heights, Whistlers Green, Kidztown, Forest Parties, Sector 6, DSTRKT 5, Barrio Loco, Metropolis, Dis-Order Alley, Bang Hai

I think most of Town Centre and Lions Den got announced in the "headliner" / first poster so they may not get their own announcements. 

So Barrio Loco tomorrow, then Kidztown and DSTRKT still to announce. I think some street venues and theatre elements have had their own announcements in the past too. But with it already sold out they might not bother. 

17 hours ago, mr flow said:

You'll definitely be able to get a programme when you arrive. As i've mentioned above, i can usually find some stuff out closer to the time, and last year people pm'ed me a list of acts they wanted to know the day and time for and i sent it back to them. Hopefully it'll be the same again this year too, but i'll let you know if i find anything out.

Thanks. :)

I will get a programme when I arrive.

6 hours ago, Paul ™ said:

Apparently Town Centre is getting its own poster this year 

Hello Paul,

Are you still on your travels? I'd meant to follow your progress, but life got in the way. In fact, death nearly got in the way. My own death that is. Nearly croaked it about 3 weeks ago, and was given 2 hours to live. Fortunately the good old NHS prevented that from happening. Close shave. 

32 minutes ago, stalemate9 said:

Why are they always late with these announcements, they said 1PM. It is 20 passed now and nothing.

It's a good indication of what the festival is like haha! You often see the term ''organised chaos'' used to describe Boomtown. Although I've got to say during my three visits (2013, '14, '16) the place definitely seems to be more aligned with chaos than organisation (in the best way possible)

If you're expecting a festival that runs totally cohesively and linearly then you're in for a shock

Edited by rhg_99