Boomtown 2018

eFestivals

On 28/02/2018 at 4:19 PM, bennyhana22 said:

Did you get sorted, Sas? Did you get a volunteer place or are you a common punter like the rest of us?!

Ben

On a sort-of-unrelated-but-not-really note...I totally saw this and thought of you and the other Glastonbury/Boomtown solos

https://www.hospitalrecords.com/shop/merchandise/nhsm526-hospital-records-solo-raver

Shame about the DnB branding for some of you though :P

Edited by Sasperella
  • Upvote 1

On 28/02/2018 at 3:10 PM, eFestivals said:

don't think so. From the press release...

Boomtown will also be launching the brand new Paradise Gardens ‘Hospitality’ package in the next few weeks, as a final way for those yearning to get involved in this year’s celebrations to be a part of the hottest festival in the UK right now.

Clearly BT has sold out.

• Upvote 1

On 01/03/2018 at 9:43 AM, Wun Weg Wun Dar Wun said:

Am I right to conclude that those 5 named ones are only for pre-pitched options etc., but that there are actually a number of other campsites as well for everyone bringing their own tents?

What are your experiences with camping at Boomtown? What's the best place to be, do you need to rush to get a decent spot, etc.?

Yes there's load of other camping, those are just the specific reserved/family areas.

No idea what'll be happening with the camping this year as they've removed the most popular area, but in general there's not a lot of flat ground so there'll be some rush for that

39 minutes ago, frostypaw said:

Yes there's load of other camping, those are just the specific reserved/family areas.

No idea what'll be happening with the camping this year as they've removed the most popular area, but in general there's not a lot of flat ground so there'll be some rush for that

Great, thanks for that. I guess we'll just see where we end up when we get there. I did purchase a locker in the Downtown Area, as I believe the other option (Hilltop) is more of the family area?

I see there's also a (rather expensive) option to purchase access to 'Zooloos', which will let you take a shower. I presume this is only for when you want some fancy premium private shower, while there are also general showers open to everyone?

On ‎01‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 10:14 PM, On The Blend said:

Forgive my ignorance here, but is there any other festival that does what Boomtown does in terms of having an ongoing storyline with actors and performers playing parts in an alternate reality? From what I've seen I have been really impressed by the extent to which Boomtown goes to create a feeling of being in an entirely different world. 

No!

It's pretty unique and they've perfected their niche.

On 02/03/2018 at 6:06 PM, Sasperella said:

On a sort-of-unrelated-but-not-really note...I totally saw this and thought of you and the other Glastonbury/Boomtown solos

https://www.hospitalrecords.com/shop/merchandise/nhsm526-hospital-records-solo-raver

Shame about the DnB branding for some of you though :P

Oooh. That's actually rather natty! You may be aware of my t shirt obsession from other threads...!

And yes, if it was back printed with the logo of a nicely underground techno imprint it's be just about perfect. Saying that, remember too that after several Glastonburys I am, and never will be, I suspect, a solo-er again - not that I 'wouldn't', just that I'm not sure I'll ever not be with some of the dearest friends I have now, as a result of meeting them on the Farm. For my first Boomtown I'll be camping with a really good friend and raving non-stop with a camper-van field based other best pal!

Can't wait, Sasperella. Assuming the volunteering comes off, we really must meet up for a dance sometime over the weekend...

:)

Ben  

4 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

Oooh. That's actually rather natty! You may be aware of my t shirt obsession from other threads...!

And yes, if it was back printed with the logo of a nicely underground techno imprint it's be just about perfect. Saying that, remember too that after several Glastonburys I am, and never will be, I suspect, a solo-er again - not that I 'wouldn't', just that I'm not sure I'll ever not be with some of the dearest friends I have now, as a result of meeting them on the Farm. For my first Boomtown I'll be camping with a really good friend and raving non-stop with a camper-van field based other best pal!

Can't wait, Sasperella. Assuming the volunteering comes off, we really must meet up for a dance sometime over the weekend...

:)

Ben  

Of course! Once I get confirmed, I'm going to buy the "solo raver" t-shirt just so you guys can find me!

• Upvote 1

On 02/03/2018 at 4:00 PM, SloopJohnB said:

How strict is the alcohol policy? It says on the website that theres a 16 can limit?

Last year I took 18 in and hid a bottle of rum, security kinda looked and made sure they were cans and not glass and that was it but by talking to others the level of searching varied a lot, some thorough and some not at all

Dutty Moonshine are quality, if you like those electro swing sounds...  they've played both Boomtown and Glasto for the last couple of years.

OMG It's the Church and Too Many T's are decent too.

On 03/03/2018 at 11:22 AM, frostypaw said:

Last year they opened a load of camping in the Chinatown / West Gate area, and it never filled up.  Not all flat though, and a bit out of the way, but if you look at last years map, the camping areas in the bowl (Barrio Loco, DSTRKT 5) aren't actually that big, though they tended to be high density.  Likewise Sector 6 and Lion's Den camping were only completely full by Friday afternoon.

29 minutes ago, stalemate9 said:

What are OMG it's the church all about I am little confused by reading the website, is it a parody church band?

Basically. They're a parody church band that do covers. Quite a few on Youtube (not sure how you post vids on here!)