Boomtown 2018

eFestivals

Liking the sound of Phoenix City All Stars presenting the Clash in Dub.

Following their Jamaican ska takes on 2 Tone Records, The Rolling Stones and Dexys Midnight Runners, Phoenix City All-stars return with their fourth studio album - Clash Version Rockers - an indcendiary dub take on The Clash. 

The album makes it's live premiere at The London Intl Ska Festival / 30th anniversary (30th March 2018). 

The album will be issued on ltd.edition heavyweight vinyl, CD & digital by Happy People. 

Tracklisting features 9 devastating 70s style rockers cuts of 
White Riot, Bankrobber, London Calling, Career Opportunities, White Man In Hammersmith Palais, Clash City Rockers, This Is Radio Clash, Tommy Gun and Guns of Brixton. 

Edited by tjamest
  • Like 1

Surley you must have heard of Soulfly and Max Cavera?  Amazing band.

I have been listening to Earth Crisis,  Idles and Turbowolf on Spotify this week, all good bands if you're into that sort of thing.

I really like hacktivist, they'r kind of a UK rap metal band.

Feed the Rhino are blowing me away with their new album, it's a much cleaner guitar sound that most of the bands on this lineup, I expect them to be great live.

45 minutes ago, tjamest said:

Liking the sound of Phoenix All Stars presenting the Clash in Dub.

Following their Jamaican ska takes on 2 Tone Records, The Rolling Stones and Dexys Midnight Runners, Phoenix City All-stars return with their fourth studio album - Clash Version Rockers - an indcendiary dub take on The Clash. 

The album makes it's live premiere at The London Intl Ska Festival / 30th anniversary (30th March 2018). 

The album will be issued on ltd.edition heavyweight vinyl, CD & digital by Happy People. 

Tracklisting features 9 devastating 70s style rockers cuts of 
White Riot, Bankrobber, London Calling, Career Opportunities, White Man In Hammersmith Palais, Clash City Rockers, This Is Radio Clash, Tommy Gun and Guns of Brixton. 

Thanks for this. Just listened to their Stones album and these are now very high up on my must-see list :D

2 minutes ago, stalemate9 said:

"Joining the Gorillaz 2018 UK exclusive headlining slot are South African trio Die Antwoord, ‘Rollin’ rap-rockers Limp Bizkit.

That makes it sound like those are the 3 headliners to me.

but we know that Limp-Talent-&-The-Bad-Back-Fred-To-Hide-Poor-Sales aren't on the Lion's Den, so they're not the three Lion's Den headliners.

Edited by eFestivals

Are we expecting a lineup today?  I thought it was supposed to be Fridays and Tuesdays but not seen anything teased today.

Edit:  They just posted on twitter that The Copper County (formerly Wild West) district line-up is landing at 5 pm today.

Edited by stalemate9

10 hours ago, eFestivals said:

but we know that Limp-Talent-&-The-Bad-Back-Fred-To-Hide-Poor-Sales aren't on the Lion's Den, so they're not the three Lion's Den headliners.

I'm certain The Specials were listed on the website as Town Centre last year and I can remember being pretty confused as to whether there were two main stages or not as MIA and Cypress Hill were both listed as being Lion's Den (last year was my first Boomtown). Think it's listed like that as they don't fit into the usual Trenchtown reggae/dub lineup. 

They'd surely be far too big for Town Centre, even if playing across from Gorillaz? Would be dangerously busy.