Boomtown 2018

eFestivals

I have been listening to this playlist on spotify, it's amazing it has 5 songs from every artist (that is on spotify) so far.

I have made a list of everyone that I want to see:

20 years of virus
25 years of V recordings
Big Zuu
Breakage
Clipz
Coco & The Butterfields
Critical Sound
Die Antword
Dillinja
Dimension
DJ Marky
DJ Zinc 
Dub Pistols
Earth Crisis
Enter Shikari
Foreign Beggars
Goldie & The Heritage Ensemble
Gorrilaz
Hactivist
Haggard Cat
Hospitality
Jimmy Clifff
Jungle Cakes Takeover
Jungle Warriors
Levelz
Limp Bizkit
LTJ Bukem
Nadia Rose
Napalm Death
Plastician
Redlight
Shy FX
Sonic Boom Six
Soulfly
The Rumjacks
Turbowolf

• Like 1

1 hour ago, deadpheasant said:

DWez2bcW0AAD_oN.jpg:large

I haven't heard of any of them either, but that goes for most types of music. That said, I really like the look of that place. Inside a wooded area too. I'm a sucker for a wooded area, with nice lighting, and some new music to listen too. There is little doubt in my mind that I will visit the place. I will also try to see Avalon*, while there.

* I was looking up a band called Swear Avalon when I read deadpheasant's post (incidentally, I saw a dead pheasant on the side of the road earlier). I've just had a smoke, and could not see a band called 'Swear Avalon' on that list, at all. I knew that there was an act called 'Avalon', but dismissed them because it categorically says 'Swear Avalon' in deadpheasant's post! 

How much more fucking stupid am I going to get, I wonder? I mean, I didn't kick off with much to begin with anyway! lol

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I haven't heard of any of them either, but that goes for most types of music. That said, I really like the look of that place. Inside a wooded area too. I'm a sucker for a wooded area, with nice lighting, and some new music to listen too. There is little doubt in my mind that I will visit the place. I will also try to see Avalon*, while there.

* I was looking up a band called Swear Avalon when I read deadpheasant's post (incidentally, I saw a dead pheasant on the side of the road earlier). I've just had a smoke, and could not see a band called 'Swear Avalon' on that list, at all. I knew that there was an act called 'Avalon', but dismissed them because it categorically says 'Swear Avalon' in deadpheasant's post! 

How much more fucking stupid am I going to get, I wonder? I mean, I didn't kick off with much to begin with anyway! lol

Hahaha. I think it's this Leon Avalon guy who's playing international festivals, his stuff is psy-trance so it makes sense. I'll look through this lineup more thoroughly when I get back home.

22 minutes ago, deadpheasant said:

Hahaha. I think it's this Leon Avalon guy who's playing international festivals, his stuff is psy-trance so it makes sense. I'll look through this lineup more thoroughly when I get back home.

It's funny that you should mention psy-trance because I listened to some for hours and hours over a period of days when at the Equinox Festival, last year. I had no idea what it's name was, but know that I really liked it. I can't recall now who broke the news to me that it was called so. No matter, if there's more of that to be had at BoomTown, and in the woods too, I'm having a bit. :)

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

Good to see they appear to have quickly done away with the Tuesday-Friday announcement schedule.....:ph34r:

They announced the Forest Parties yesterday, so we might get another announcement on Friday, which would keep us back on the Tuesday-Friday schedule.

3 minutes ago, mr flow said:

They announced the Forest Parties yesterday, so we might get another announcement on Friday, which would keep us back on the Tuesday-Friday schedule.

Gah you're right! I was off work on Monday and it has absolutely thrown by mind out of sync! 

3 minutes ago, stalemate9 said:

Earache records said they have big boomtown news tomorrow, they are the label that Napalm Death and Haggard Cat are on.  Perhaps more of their bands or an entire earache stage announcement is coming tomorrow.

they're doing a stage. I posted its name in this thread somewhere (I forget now), at around the time of the first announcement.

11 minutes ago, stalemate9 said:

Disorder Alley?

is that like Diagon Alley.,  do you go through a secret door to a world of wizards will Hagrdid be there. Will I be able to see a wizards sleeve? can I buy an owl ? or a broom stick?

too many questions

Found this:

https://mailchi.mp/fd8482e67528/earache-records-curating-new-stage-for-heavy-music-at-boomtown-fair-2018

There is also a playlist from earache records on spotify called Boomtown that includes bands that haven't been announced yet such as Feed the Rhino.

Edited by stalemate9

18 minutes ago, stalemate9 said:

Disorder Alley?

Not from what posted before (repeated below, i went and found it), nope.

2018 however belongs to Boomtown Fair, as Chapter 10 will see "The Earache Factory" opening for business.  Located in the Downtown District at the heart of Disorder Alley, the lineup features metal, punk, grindcore, stoner, psych and rock ranging from world-renowned genre pioneers to the hottest new heavy bands on the scene.  Names announced today include NAPALM DEATH, SOULFLY, IDLES, HO99O9, EARTH CRISIS, HACKTIVIST, HAGGARD CAT, TURBOWOLF, and SAMSARA BLUES EXPERIMENT, with more to follow.

Lak Mitchell, Boomtown Founder, comments: "We're seriously excited about expanding on the heavy live music side of the festival... The first event I ever put on was a heavy metal gig when I was 16 and have been in various thrash/punk/metal bands ever since, so to represent such an amazing musical culture within the context of Boomtown is insanely exciting and I can't wait to see where this takes us."