Boomtown 2018

eFestivals

Watched a few Boomtown videos on YouTube before, looks interesting to say the least... :D

On another note, I'm not expecting Glastonbury levels of choice, but what's the food and drink like? Decent price? This will be the first few I've go to with a drinks limitation in camp! 

2 hours ago, eFestivals said:

'friad not. Expect the very top top festival prices, and worst beer prices.

I paid £2 more for a plate of (sweet potato) chips at boomtown than I'd paid the previous weekend at another fest from exactly the same stall, just as one example.

That's a dampener! :mellow: 

2 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

yup, it's perhaps the biggest downside of the fest.

From the other side tho, at least the food stalls are decent food stalls, rather than dogburger vans.

True. I guess that's how they make their money with the alcohol restrictions too. Are they strict with that? Thanks btw!

Edited by vintagelaureate

Just now, vintagelaureate said:

True. I guess that's how they make their money with the alcohol restrictions too. Are they strict with that? Thanks btw!

I've not come thru the public gate myself, but I believe they're very strict with alcohol, yeah. 

The prices aren't anything more than some other festivals will charge - but they're with the highest I've seen anywhere in any year. 

BTW, having said "perhaps the biggest downside", I've had a think of what might beat it ... and reckon the hilly site is the other big downer. It's hilly enough to make you think twice at times about whether you really want to go and see that act up the hill, and also because getting a flattish camping pitch isn't possible for everyone.

Nothing that ruins it, but not everything about Boomtown is the best of the best. 

Thanks, 

Ah well, I will treat it as a holiday and see what happens...

Leeds used to be expensive but I stopped going there around 10 years ago after several years on the run with a diminishing lineup! Glastonbury is as cheap as you want to make it and I think it has warped my perceptions :D

14 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

thanks for alerting me to that, it's now been corrected.

Cheers it took me a while to find this forum so others may have been struggling too.

Most festivals you arrive thursday and then there is a nothing on or very limited DJ's or something for a bit, nothing unusual.

3 hours ago, vintagelaureate said:

They do search but there's always ways to sneak stuff in haha. Decant spirits into small water bottles and be innovative with your hiding places!

Beer prices are through the roof, same as any festival. If you go to the Bad Apple Cider Bar in the Town centre they usually do a couple of 7/8% ciders for the same price as the 4% beer so you can get some better value for money :)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, krisroe said:

They do search but there's always ways to sneak stuff in haha. Decant spirits into small water bottles and be innovative with your hiding places!

Beer prices are through the roof, same as any festival. If you go to the Bad Apple Cider Bar in the Town centre they usually do a couple of 7/8% ciders for the same price as the 4% beer so you can get some better value for money :)

I know how to reseal bottles so if I premix I should be okay?

A little tip but it's at your own risk.  Bring duct tape and use it to tape a few cans of beer or whatever onto the inside of your leg underneath your trousers.  We used this technique to sneak beers into the Sonisphere Arena all the time.  If you get caught they usually just throw them away so no real loss. Only risk is if you find a really arsey security guy.

Edited by stalemate9
Dropped a y

3 hours ago, stalemate9 said:

A little tip but it's at your own risk.  Bring duct tape and use it to tape a few cans of beer or whatever onto the inside of your leg underneath your trousers.  We used this technique to sneak beers into the Sonisphere Arena all the time.  If you get caught they usually just throw them away so no real loss. Only risk is if you find a really arsey security guy.

If you fancy trying this at Boomtown can you let me know when you arrive at the gate so I can watch for shits and giggles?

• Upvote 1

I walked into the festival with over 100 beers strapped to a delivery trolley. I was planning to use the excuse that I was carrying all the beers for a group of friends (partially true), but it wasn't nessasary. They searched my backpack but didn't even acknowledge the beer trolley.

Ymmv. 

Edited by Sku

On 2/16/2018 at 3:48 PM, stalemate9 said:

A little tip, but it's your own risk. Bring duct tape and use it  to tape your ears down. Yes, that's right "I'm talking to you Jumbo'. Yes, that's right, you in the mirror. If you get caught, well you get caught - Big Rubber Deal.

Remember where the worm holes are - (1) The back of your neck and (2) In the ground, next to real worm holes. 

Fuckers.

• Like 2