Boomtown 2018

eFestivals

6 minutes ago, hjwright said:

Do you know how many sold out now? And announcement date for second wave?

The last word they gave on sales (in a press release, anyway) was what you quoted.

This is the official word on announcements...

Thursday 1st February - Chapter 10 Theatrical Trailer release.
Thursday 8th February - Full Headliners Announcement.
Every Tuesday & Friday from 13th February  - End March - Full district line up announcements.

I wouldn't hang about. I'd say that a fair number of tickets will get snapped up as people get paid in the next week or so.

Edited by eFestivals

2 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

The last word they gave on sales 9in a press release, anyway) was what you quoted.

This is the official word on announcements...

I wouldn't hang about. I'd say that a fair number of tickets will get snapped up as people get paid in the next week or so.

Thank You. Yes, i agree. Just trying to pressure my friends into buying theirs and not waiting around...

Nice to see a festival that announces when they release lineup (in contrast to reading...)!

Edited by hjwright

2 hours ago, Browner's Right said:

Looks like Asbo Disco, another longstanding venue, also won't be at BTN this year....

Just read that on their Facebook page. They mention something about it being caused by licencing/police? Be interested to find out what's behind it. It's also interesting that the people that run Asbo Disco and The Raveyard are both good friends of the organisers, so perhaps Neil's comments on them getting rid of friends and replacing them with more experienced people, might not be too far off the mark...

Sewage Workz also being removed. The Facebook Post there also mentions "sound restrictions" as the reason. 

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10156049426254715&id=686174714

A lot of the stages being shuttered, are the ones that sort of make Boomtown... well... Boomtown. 

Be interesting to hear this licensing hearing outcome so we know what's actually going on. 

16 hours ago, Sku said:

Sewage Workz also being removed. The Facebook Post there also mentions "sound restrictions" as the reason. 

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10156049426254715&id=686174714

A lot of the stages being shuttered, are the ones that sort of make Boomtown... well... Boomtown. 

Be interesting to hear this licensing hearing outcome so we know what's actually going on. 

Do you know if there will be any new stages to replace all of these?

24 minutes ago, hjwright said:

Do you know if there will be any new stages to replace all of these?

They've already announced there will be a new district next year, so i guess they will be. I find it hard to believe they won't have new things to replace all that are going with the calibre of acts they are booking this year. They need to split the crowd.

All of the documents are available to view on the Winchester City Council website relating to the licence application.

Here's Boomtown's supporting information for the licence.  Notable points include:  No camping in the bowl this year allowing for the relocation of the major stages,  reducing the number of overall sound systems in operation and Wednesday entry for a limited number of ticket holders to ease the Thursday rush and queues!

http://www.winchester.gov.uk/meetings/documents/41619/Appendix 6 to LR506 Boomtown Evidence.pdf

It's becoming clearer why the venues are being reduced!

• Upvote 2

17 hours ago, eFestivals said:

I don't envy any festival organiser the compromises they have to make to make all of the various outside parties happy.  :(

I think you should go to the hearing and give a full blow by blow account like you used to with the Glastonbury ones :D

In the license application...

Vamos is the largest stage being axed to manage noise levels. 

2 new stages are planned for Downtown. One is described as "Metal stage" which is no surprise, and the other is described as "House Stage".

It seems the full map of stages and locations has been included in the application. If that is a complete map of all sound systems, then it would appear that a very large amount of microvenues are gone, or at the least limited to having much quieter music.

Edited by Sku

1 minute ago, Sku said:

2 new stages are planned for Downtown. One is described as "Metal stage" which is no surprise, and the other is described as "House Stage".

It seems the full map of stages and locations has been included in the application. If that is a complete map of all sound systems, then it would appear that a very large amount of microvenues are gone. 

I really hope not.

I guess being my first time for Boomtown, I won't notice the difference, but I do like to spend alot of time round the smaller venues.

1 hour ago, Sku said:

It seems the full map of stages and locations has been included in the application. If that is a complete map of all sound systems, then it would appear that a very large amount of microvenues are gone, or at the least limited to having much quieter music.

As much as i liked the line ups for Vamos, i didn't really think it worked, so not a great loss. Interesting to see what they will do with the micro venues this year. I just can't see them binning them all, as it's what gives Boomtown it's uniqueness. 

• Like 1

They're after a set build manager working from Bristol: http://www.artsjobs.org.uk/arts-job/post/set-build-manager-freelance-project-based-contract/Paid (£25k-30k pro rata)

We are looking for a skilled & experienced set build manager to support one of our key set designers and manage the fabrication and on site build and strike of an exciting new build for Boomtown 2018. Paid (£25k-30k pro rata) 

Big load of excitement and nerves here - we've lost our easy early access via gate crew sadly so will actually have to pay this year :/ think I might get two just as insurance

The exchange seems to be losing a few stages downtown to add another district and increase levels from the main stages there - could be a good thing.

Loving the note about removing the downtown camping for "a less intense atmosphere" - that's funny as heck though tbh it seemed calmer down there the last two years anyway

Ps. that license application failure - glad of no increase in numbers but do we know if they're still doing wednesday access tickets?

Edited by frostypaw