Boomtown 2018

eFestivals

2 minutes ago, rhg_99 said:

bloody hell that's pricey,  I remember paying something like 120 the first year I went.

that's the info from the installment tickets, and is presumably the full price - about £20 more than last year i think.

But they normally do a number of different tiers to the 'buy now' pricing, so I guess tickets will be available at a chunk less, and particularly for those who are quickest.

Wotcha everyone!

How are we all?

Hope everybody is fairing well and not suffering too much from this fallow Ticket Day month :huh:

Question about coach travel for Boomtown:

The ticket page appears to suggest that you will be allocated, rather than choose, your coach times if you purchase a Coach Traveler ticket package. Is that correct? My OCD means that I want to be in charge of choosing when I travel, and a bit of Googling seems to indicate that I could buy a NE coach return separately, after having bought my weekend Residency pass, and so have free rein to select the times I want.

Does that sound right, or can I select travel times when purchasing the Coach Traveler package on the BT ticket site.

Advice, please! You know me - I don't really do 'well, let's just wait and see what's on offer on Wednesday evening...!'

Ben

3 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

Wotcha everyone!

How are we all?

Hope everybody is fairing well and not suffering too much from this fallow Ticket Day month :huh:

Question about coach travel for Boomtown:

The ticket page appears to suggest that you will be allocated, rather than choose, your coach times if you purchase a Coach Traveler ticket package. Is that correct? My OCD means that I want to be in charge of choosing when I travel, and a bit of Googling seems to indicate that I could buy a NE coach return separately, after having bought my weekend Residency pass, and so have free rein to select the times I want.

Does that sound right, or can I select travel times when purchasing the Coach Traveler package on the BT ticket site.

Advice, please! You know me - I don't really do 'well, let's just wait and see what's on offer on Wednesday evening...!'

Ben

From memory last year I was allocated. Worked really well for the way there but would have had to wait until 2pm until I could get on a coach home. I ended up getting a train home but then I'm from Portsmouth so was easy and cheap. 

1 hour ago, Tommy101 said:

From memory last year I was allocated. Worked really well for the way there but would have had to wait until 2pm until I could get on a coach home. I ended up getting a train home but then I'm from Portsmouth so was easy and cheap. 

Cheers, Tommy

I think I'll err on the side of control freak and get a normal Residency ticket then hit up National Express for a separate coach ticket. It might be slightly more for the two separately than the Traveler option, but at least them I'm in control. 

My first Boomtown and very excited, but with things seemingly winding down at midnight on the Sunday (from last year's running orders, at least...) I don't want to be waiting for a 2pm Monday coach home...

Ben

10 hours ago, eFestivals said:

yep, what I said above. Most people will pay the full price tho, which is what I gave.

Even at full price it's a cracking festival. :)

Would you say it's worth the price though? Like whenever I look at the lineups it always seems to be a bunch of people I don't know lol

3 hours ago, Mattymooz said:

Would you say it's worth the price though? Like whenever I look at the lineups it always seems to be a bunch of people I don't know lol

Boomtown is more about the overall experience and production than a dazzling star filled line up. Sure there are a lot of great acts to see, but the less you schedule for yourself as a "must see", the more fun you are likely to have. This is a festival that deserves to be explored and wandered without a schedule.

You won't want to be having a blast in some awesome venue with great music you have only just discovered, only to be torn away too soon rushing off up a steep hill to catch something else at the other side of the festival.

So in short, if you don't know many of the acts, you will actually probably have a better time at this style of festival. Explore everywhere on the way between the big stages. You won't regret it.

On 10/26/2017 at 5:49 AM, rhg_99 said:

bloody hell that's pricey,  I remember paying something like 120 the first year I went. Very tempted to work there next year as I missed this year's

I bought a Tier 1 for Boomtown 2013 for just £85! Was a total bargain, so I'm not surprised the price has gone up so rapidly. The popularity has certainly caught up with the "big" fests since then. No doubt it will still sell out at this price, especially with the lack of Glastonbury and Secret Garden Party (surely it's closest comparative festival) next year.

Edited by Sku
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Mattymooz said:

I'd say that most people could go to boomtown once and have a fantastic time - there's so much to see  without looking at a band.  Whether you'd decide to return would be another thing.

14 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

My first Boomtown and very excited, but with things seemingly winding down at midnight on the Sunday (from last year's running orders, at least...) I don't want to be waiting for a 2pm Monday coach home...

The midnight finish on Sunday was a massive downer but means you can go harder the two previous nights. You can understand why I opted for the train (I think I got home about 4 hours earlier than I would and it cost me about £20). I'll probably do the same this year.

9 hours ago, Mattymooz said:

Ticket was excellent value last year. I was caught up in the queue and told myself on the way in that no matter how good the weekend was I would never come back. By about 6pm on the Friday I knew I would be back the following year. Also don't look at the acts on the line up for value - the production is crazy. So much set design, screens, pyro, fireworks, live actors... EVERYWHERE you go. The forest parties are mad, there's loads of cool furniture about the site. The festival line up may not be the best value but you understand where the money goes once you're on site. Well spent in my opinion.

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

I'd say that most people could go to boomtown once and have a fantastic time - there's so much to see  without looking at a band.  Whether you'd decide to return would be another thing.

Completely agree with this. There was about 6/7 acts that I wanted to see last year and sacrificed half of them to soak up the festival. If you spend even half the festival watching acts you know (or on main stages for that matter) I'd say you'll be missing out on a lot. 

I'll definitely get more into the story line/treasure hunt thing if they do it again next year. We only started on the Sunday and were kind of defeated before we started.

4 hours ago, Tommy101 said:

The midnight finish on Sunday was a massive downer but means you can go harder the two previous nights. You can understand why I opted for the train (I think I got home about 4 hours earlier than I would and it cost me about £20). I'll probably do the same this year.

Having done a bit of research it seems that the buy-my-ticket-then-sort-my-coach option is the way to go.

NE already have coaches up for purchase (shhhhhhh!), and I can set off at 0545h on the Thursday, meaning that I'm nicely, obsessively early for the gates opening (hoping for no repeat of Queuegeddon...) and then a 0700h coach home on the Monday, so a night hanging out in the campsites, or even a couple of hours of sleep.

Can't bring myself to buy the coach ticket before I secure my festival ticket on Wednesday. I am in no way a superstitious person, so am I over-worrying about Wednesday?! :)

Ben

On 10/25/2017 at 4:35 PM, eFestivals said:

There wasn't a topic, so I thought I'd start one. 

Thu 9th to Sun 12th Aug 2018

£216 + £7.50 fee + £10 EcoBond = £233.50 - on sale at 7pm on Wednesday 1st November.

http://www.efestivals.co.uk/festivals/boomtown/2018

Ticket prices for adults (assuming £7.50 + £10 fee and bond):

Tier 1 - £176 (£193.5)

Tier 2 - £191 (£208.50)

Tier 3 - £216 (£233.50)

13 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

Wha...?

How did you manage that, Tommy?!

:)

Ben

After this years festival they asked for feedback - I assumed it was an email to everyone who bought tickets.

I sent a rather balanced message explaining what I thought were the Pro's and Con's of my first Boomtown and they sent an automated response saying that they will respond manually to all of the feedback submitted. I mentioned the issues but didn't go into too much detail because I'm sure that thousands of other people did.

I think they later realised that this was was going to take a lot longer than they first thought so sent out an email every couple of weeks saying that they were still working on it. Finally, about a month ago they offered the chance to have access to tickets a day early if they could consider the feedback responded to and closed.

I guess this was mainly to negate negative feedback but I wasn't going to look that gift horse in the mouth.

This may not be the right topic to post this in, but I messed up and bought a tier 1 ticket and CAN NOT make the weekend. Any idea how you go about selling Boomtown tickets? (fastest regret EVER)

They definitely sold pretty darned fast. I was SO HAPPY for the ten minutes before I checked the dates.

24 minutes ago, Blue Jay said:

This may not be the right topic to post this in, but I messed up and bought a tier 1 ticket and CAN NOT make the weekend. Any idea how you go about selling Boomtown tickets? (fastest regret EVER)

They definitely sold pretty darned fast. I was SO HAPPY for the ten minutes before I checked the dates.

I'm pretty sure I read that you can change the name on a ticket (I think up to 2 or 3 times, in fact). So I'd look to sell yours with that as the 'deal' - i.e. 'One Tier 1 ticket for sale; I'll sort out the name change for you'.

Ben

• Upvote 1