Liam Gallagher finsbury park

zahidf

10 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

If he's got another album then next year subbing rather than 20 wouldn't be a major surprise. Read if trying to get him back as well to top it or as least co-headline isn't beyond the realms but he'd be silly to not sub Glasto if offered it really as they've asked him twice is close succession now. I don't think he's quite get given a headline slot as I'm not sure his own stuff holdsthe weight.

You could probably get away with Liam as a header if you had 2 other strong headers.  People have talked about The 1975, Foals etc... as possibles.  No reason Liam couldn’t do it, especially with the Oasis hits

• 1 month later...

The WBC tends to use the same draught beer supplier for the whole year so there is a very good chance it will be Heineken lager at Finsbury park ' that weekend '

this is a shot taken at Labour Live { and no I was able to duck out of that one } and that is a Heineken tap - sadly the price list was not in shot so have not a clue the prices 

there is a very good chance they will be selling ' Trade Union Pale Ale ' - have never seen it  before but that was also being sold.

yes for sure there will be other drinks but I wont find that out until the Friday.

00_n.thumb.jpg.9aa078c1b7f7a5fcd1ca70e2a710584f.jpgtrade-union-pale-ale.jpg.b77b98b5b35b5355ba6d85d7f011f479.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/18/2018 at 9:48 AM, glasto-worker said:

The WBC tends to use the same draught beer supplier for the whole year so there is a very good chance it will be Heineken lager at Finsbury park ' that weekend '

this is a shot taken at Labour Live { and no I was able to duck out of that one } and that is a Heineken tap - sadly the price list was not in shot so have not a clue the prices 

there is a very good chance they will be selling ' Trade Union Pale Ale ' - have never seen it  before but that was also being sold.

yes for sure there will be other drinks but I wont find that out until the Friday.

Be good to hear what is available/prices if possible. Heading to Qotsa tomorrow and need to know if I need to call Zurich beforehand.

8 hours ago, Huckleberry Finn said:

Be good to hear what is available/prices if possible. Heading to Qotsa tomorrow and need to know if I need to call Zurich beforehand.

sorry cant help - due to the hot weather I had to pull out { I have a cancer controlling implant that makes me overheat and is triggered by hot weather } - I have asked the set up crew to send me a photo of the price list ' but when their duties are over they will get hammered so not expecting them to send it tonight 

It was awful. Queues were massive - 50 mins was the worst for us. I can only remember the beer prices, but they had Otter Ale, Carlsberg and Somersby Cider. All £5.50 I think. 

Queued up for 50 mins for an Otter Ale at one of the bars near the main stage only to find they didn't sell it there, only on the other bars it seems. 

There wasn’t a pit area.

Liam was on fire last night and the setlist was absolutely amazing.

Richard Ashcroft coming out and playing the big 4 on acoustic was quality.

The bars......worst I have  ever seen at a gig.  Absolutely horrific! As others have said it was taking about 45 or so to get served.  Then people were getting to the front and the card machines weren’t working.  Apparently the card issues weren’t confined to the bars either so if anyone is going over the weekend I’d suggest getting some cash out. 

11 hours ago, sam1981 said:

It was awful. Queues were massive - 50 mins was the worst for us. I can only remember the beer prices, but they had Otter Ale, Carlsberg and Somersby Cider. All £5.50 I think. 

Queued up for 50 mins for an Otter Ale at one of the bars near the main stage only to find they didn't sell it there, only on the other bars it seems. 

Sounds like a standard FR event beer-wise, then. Cheers for the heads up.

Hopefully the bar issues can be ironed out for the rest of the weekend. Though with only four in place, hard to see how there can be a significant improvement.

4 hours ago, jump said:

What was the security like getting in? With these huge ques for the bar i may wanna try sneeking in some booze.

I got pulled to the side for a random check and had to empty all my pockets, take my shoes off and got patted down. It was a few people's job just to do that it seems. So it's all down to luck!