All Points East Festival 2018

finn_with_1_n

1 hour ago, sadimmock said:

An interesting addition. Do we think that there are still more names to come for this weekend? I’m guessing that anyone major would have already been announced, but there does seem to be space. 

I'm surprised he was added on the sunday which is already rammed/sold out when there appears to be gaps on the Saturday and still tickets to be sold...

7 minutes ago, fingers_mark said:

May have been said previously, but looks like Saturday set times changed on the app. No longer such a crossover between Future Islands (7pm-8pm) and War on Drugs (7.55pm-9.05pm).

I still cannot believe that 5 minute gap between WOD and The National isn't a mistake.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/nick-cave-and-the-bad-seeds/2018/parc-del-forum-barcelona-spain-1bed7958.html

So does Nick tend to switch things up  much or should we expect his setlist on Sunday to pretty much be the same as this one? I'm really hoping for a duet with Patti...

Difficult to say for festivals but they kept near enough the exact same setlist for the arena gigs last year. They were fantastic tonight, Nick was on great form and the setlist was really good, Loverman especially was a huge surprise.

6 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/nick-cave-and-the-bad-seeds/2018/parc-del-forum-barcelona-spain-1bed7958.html

So does Nick tend to switch things up  much or should we expect his setlist on Sunday to pretty much be the same as this one? I'm really hoping for a duet with Patti...

Christ now that would be something... I'd be in bits.

Think I'm going to avoid looking at setlists for once and be surprised.

14 minutes ago, sadimmock said:

The app is now showing over an hours gap between Future Islsnds and the National. Do we think that this is correct? 

Looks that way, you'll just end up with a mass migration of people from one end of the site to the other.

You've got a choice - down the front for WOD then at the back for National or vice versa. Personally I plan to watch a little bit of WOD then leave relatively early to secure a decent spot for The National.

Setlist for Nick Cave last night looks good! I'm a bit worried the crowd is going to be full of talkers like Bjork though, anyone got any guesses for the capacity this weekend? As far as I can tell its only missing the west arena section.

16 hours ago, the wonderwhy said:

It’s because they’re going for this ‘continental’ staggered stage approach but in true British style they’ve naffed it up by having the stages basically at either end of the site rather than next to each other. 

Not that far apart - can get from the two main stages in 5 mins.

Forecast looking alright, warm/cloudy (bar any of these power showers...)

35 minutes ago, evilduck said:

Setlist for Nick Cave last night looks good! I'm a bit worried the crowd is going to be full of talkers like Bjork though, anyone got any guesses for the capacity this weekend? As far as I can tell its only missing the west arena section.

I'm hoping that won't be the case. I suppose last weekend people may have gone just for the festival in general and not just for headliners, whereas people are likely going on Sunday for Nick Cave. So it should mostly be fans and not just people seeing him because he's the headliner

but I may be wrong

Worth noting there is a bag restriction - I got an email about it:

• We will not allow large bags into All Points East but you will be permitted to take small bags and handbags in with you. We class small bags as no larger than 35cm x 40cm x 19cm or standard handbags.

The info also said it's better not to take a bag at all - which I think is hugely optimistic for the British climate!