finn_with_1_n

All Points East Festival 2018

Just now, Gilgamesh69 said:

That stage looks pretty decent actually. Shows they're putting efforts into it and they wont just be playing on boring generic looking stages. Just a shame there's a curfew, as partying til the early hours of the morning at the X stage sounds like it could be great.

How are you doing the Clashfinder anyway? Is it just guess work at the moment?

Yeah it looks like something that wouldn't be as good as it could be at night. 

Yup - nothing else to really go on 

Love the idea of DJs in the round though, not something I've seen in person before

7 hours ago, Tuna said:

Love the idea of DJs in the round though, not something I've seen in person before

have you never been to arcadia? :P 

9 hours ago, the wonderwhy said:

have you never been to arcadia? :P 

Must not take the bait... 

Hi all,

I am currently undertaking a Masters in Business Strategic Management and in order to complete this qualification, I am writing a dissertation with the title of:

The collection and use of data in music industry marketing for the European audience: a comparative study between the UK and Germany.

In order to assist me with this, I am hoping you are able to spend a couple of minutes completing the questionnaire below and would be really grateful for your time and opinion in order to help me with my studies.

I must stress that your participation in these groups and your contributions will remain entirely anonymous and the data I collect will be only used for the purposes of my dissertation.

Many thanks for your time.

Kind regards
Paul
  • Downvote 6

Just booked LCD Soundsystem. Trying to decide which others to plump for and if any will sell out or not. 

Think I'll end up booking The National next payday and then trying on the day for Bjork and Nick Cave 

23 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

Just booked LCD Soundsystem. Trying to decide which others to plump for and if any will sell out or not. 

Think I'll end up booking The National next payday and then trying on the day for Bjork and Nick Cave 

Not sure yet but I might have a spare ticket for Nick Cave. Got one for a close friend but then we had a massive falling out and I don't think they'll be coming anymore :(

Yeah i'm thinking of waiting till closer to the time for LCD's day, I don't have enough interest to want to go for £70+ but at like £40-£50 i'm willing to cough up

21 hours ago, the wonderwhy said:

I think £70 is very fair value for all of the days, given their quality (and with more to come).

But hopefully you find a means to find for less.

I'm selling one GA ticket for the 25th - £50.

I'm not a tout, I chose two tickets to this event as part of Samsung's AEG promotion when I upgraded my mobile, totally legit.

You would need to enter the event with me, as this is an E-Ticket.

Message me if interested

5aa1a3d5cac6b_FireShotCapture036-YourOrderConfir_-https___mail.google.com_mail_u_0_inbox_16199ff6c8c44a39.png.69c721c1b071934f0d3f6239df4a129d.png

56 minutes ago, Frangipane said:

I'm selling one GA ticket for the 25th - £50.

I'm not a tout, I chose two tickets to this event as part of Samsung's AEG promotion when I upgraded my mobile, totally legit.

You would need to enter the event with me, as this is an E-Ticket.

Message me if interested

5aa1a3d5cac6b_FireShotCapture036-YourOrderConfir_-https___mail.google.com_mail_u_0_inbox_16199ff6c8c44a39.png.69c721c1b071934f0d3f6239df4a129d.png

oh god why have you got to tempt me like this!! I'm not really in the position to pay at the moment but I will remember your name, damn.

32 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

woah they're giving out freebies for this already? that probably doesn't bode well 

Yeah these adverts are plastered over my bus stop, can also see The Cure at BST plus other big acts like Katy Perry or Nickelback, quite a few other festivals too.

3 hours ago, xxialac said:

I think £70 is very fair value for all of the days, given their quality (and with more to come).

But hopefully you find a means to find for less.

third quote, but at the moment I don't know LCD or Yeah Yeah Yeahs really, like i'm sure i'd know more closer to the time but currently i'm in it for Superorganism, Glass Animals and Phoenix. Generally when i go to stuff i tend to like the support/another act more than who i booked the tickets for ^_^

12 hours ago, the wonderwhy said:

woah they're giving out freebies for this already? that probably doesn't bode well 

Freebies? Did somebody say Freebies? As a Yorkshireman, where can I find these? :D 

8 minutes ago, DownboundTrain52 said:

Freebies? Did somebody say Freebies? As a Yorkshireman, where can I find these? :D 

You have to sign up to a new Samsung contract; it’s a promotion called Unbox Your Tickets* where you can get live event tickets up to a certain price with new phones. So not really a freebie. I doubt it has a lot to do with sales thus far, particularly as yer man just said The Cure at Hyde Park was looped in with the offer.

* this winds me up because tickets don’t arrive in boxes.

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

* this winds me up because tickets don’t arrive in boxes.

Omg NO

5 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Omg NO

This has been a thing for agesssssss I think. 

But yeah still. Naff off. 

Soulwax added! Plus a bunch more

Beck on the second stage so guessing no headliner clashes. Will update clashfinder in a bit. 

I'd be interested in the Saturday but it seems like there are going to be horrendous clashes that mean I can see about 2 of the 5 bands I'd want to see.

Shame, would have gone otherwise.

Just read two things on the general info page:

"All concerts are standing shows with an evening headline performance"

It's a longshot but does the fact that it says "performance" (singular) perhaps suggest that the final act (the headliner) won't clash with anything?

Secondly: "There is no re-admission to concerts after entry"

Bit worried about this one