All Points East Festival 2018

finn_with_1_n

2 hours ago, the wonderwhy said:

Quite good as well as I'm not particularly arsed about TWOD or Future Islands who will no doubt be on the main stage. So nice to have BSS, Spoon, Cat Power, Warpaint etc as alternatives 

Hopefully we get a Nick Cave update tomorrow? Wanting The Breeders on that one 

Hmm maybe not impossible but they’re in London the Wed previous, and then onto Europe.

5 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

I hope it'll be this week,  but sometimes phrases like "coming soon!" can actually mean "two months from now" :(

Just now, Tuna said:

Any idea when? Just saw the video on Facebook. 

They've been pretty good at announcing when they say they are - so I'd guess tomorrow 

2 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

They've been pretty good at announcing when they say they are - so I'd guess tomorrow 

Hope so - imagine they'll want to get a lot of people in after todays announcements. 

Edited by Tuna

6 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Oh I just remembered something. How many acts are there meant to be?

I swear I remember reading something like "Over 100 acts across the festival weekend" but am I confusing this with another festival?

Yeah the original press release said around 120 I think 

Just now, Ringo_Spar said:

There’s gotta be an element of crossover with whatever the 6Music line up is. Although as rumoured to be Belfast, probably not gonna lose many sales to that - but could take out some possible artists.

If anything the 6 Music fest will have helped bring over artists. BBC festivals don’t act to compete, just to put music on telly.

Thinking about Nick Cave day Wolf Parade, Hinds, Julien Baker, Idles and Car Seat Headrest could be realistic welcome additions? Would say Waxahatchee too but she appears to be in Barca over the whole weekend. 

Would like to see Beach House added on the festival weekend but apparently Prima is their only EU date? 

2 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

Thinking about Nick Cave day Wolf Parade, Hinds, Julien Baker, Idles and Car Seat Headrest could be realistic welcome additions? Would say Waxahatchee too but she appears to be in Barca over the whole weekend. 

Would like to see Beach House added on the festival weekend but apparently Prima is their only EU date? 

Wolf Parade are busy that day and I reckon Julien Baker would be at Primavera if she was in Europe that weekend. Could definitely see the others playing though. 

1 minute ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

I'm crossing my fingers for some of these: Fever Ray, Mogwai, Chelsea Wolfe, MGMT

Unfortunately  I guess we have no idea how much effort they're putting into this yet. Although surely they would have saved a few big names right? Wouldn't be very exciting to do a new reveal and it's just a bunch of nobodies...

We at least know that the second announcement for APE presents The National was strong, or strong for the sort of people this is aimed at. I think same again tomorrow.

Sort of interesting that announcement dropped the same day Green Man's did, and it was embellishing a lineup where The War on Drugs were also playing. And now they're dropping more names for the festival tomorrow to coincide with End of the Road's first lot of names, so maybe one of the headliners there is on the All Points East Festival bill. They've shown themselves to be kinda aggressive competitors so far so I wouldn't be all that surprised.

10 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

I'm crossing my fingers for some of these: Fever Ray, Mogwai, Chelsea Wolfe, MGMT

Unfortunately  I guess we have no idea how much effort they're putting into this yet. Although surely they would have saved a few big names right? Wouldn't be very exciting to do a new reveal and it's just a bunch of nobodies...

I reckon Mogwai will end up at Field Day, unless they've played that recently? 

27 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

We at least know that the second announcement for APE presents The National was strong, or strong for the sort of people this is aimed at. I think same again tomorrow.

Sort of interesting that announcement dropped the same day Green Man's did, and it was embellishing a lineup where The War on Drugs were also playing. And now they're dropping more names for the festival tomorrow to coincide with End of the Road's first lot of names, so maybe one of the headliners there is on the All Points East Festival bill. They've shown themselves to be kinda aggressive competitors so far so I wouldn't be all that surprised.

Reckon they might possibly already have one in Yeah Yeah Yeahs, but yeah (ffs) that is probably a good shout