All Points East Festival 2018

finn_with_1_n

14 minutes ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

Fair point, he's probably more likely for Latitude or Bestival based on that.

Perhaps NIN for APE then

He probably won't do any festivals. If not for his meat policies then his politics.

I feel as if Nine Inch Nails would be signed and announced already if they were headlining the All Points East gig. My only guess as to why they're not would be that they have touring commitments outside of Europe until July or late-June. Buggered if I know where Trent's lads are gonna pop up in the UK.

14 hours ago, dentalplan said:

He probably won't do any festivals. If not for his meat policies then his politics.

I feel as if Nine Inch Nails would be signed and announced already if they were headlining the All Points East gig. My only guess as to why they're not would be that they have touring commitments outside of Europe until July or late-June. Buggered if I know where Trent's lads are gonna pop up in the UK.

You could say that about any gigs NIN have lined up on the European tour though... The only one they seem to have announced so far is Mad Cool & I doubt they're coming to Europe just for that. 

41 minutes ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

You could say that about any gigs NIN have lined up on the European tour though... The only one they seem to have announced so far is Mad Cool & I doubt they're coming to Europe just for that. 

No but July festivals have only really just started announcing whereas most June festivals - the ones you'd expect NIN to fill the six week gap between APE and Mad Cool - already have their major names out. And there are of course plenty of US festivals in late-May and early-June that NIN could be on to play if they're not in Europe that early, as currently indicated.

6 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

What is it people and Jack White? Seen his name mentioned in a few threads now.

He's meant to be off-hiatus and touring a new album next year, the chief booker at Primavera was talking about trying to book him and many people on here want to see him at festivals they're interested in going to.

https://www.npr.org/sections/therecord/2017/12/12/570130823/jack-white-announces-new-album-boarding-house-reach-with-a-psycho-collage

Now Jack White has launched his album campaign, do you think the announcement (if it is him headlining day 3) will be made before or after Christmas? He could conjure up a superb undercard given the artists who have contributed to Third Man Records and also the fact that it is Jack White

3 minutes ago, finn_with_1_n said:

before or after Christmas?

after, i reckon.

My take is that tomorrow is probably the very last chance for any big announcements, as tickets would be likely to be going on sale this Friday. I can't really see anyone starting a big sale next Friday.

There's probably going to be very little of anything announced before the new year now. People's money and attention is tied up in xmas.

On 12/12/2017 at 4:45 PM, finn_with_1_n said:

https://www.npr.org/sections/therecord/2017/12/12/570130823/jack-white-announces-new-album-boarding-house-reach-with-a-psycho-collage

Now Jack White has launched his album campaign, do you think the announcement (if it is him headlining day 3) will be made before or after Christmas? He could conjure up a superb undercard given the artists who have contributed to Third Man Records and also the fact that it is Jack White

Seems over on the Primavera thread that Jack White has essentially been confirmed over there, so chances of him being at All Points East look good. It'll probably be even stronger than a TMR undercard, going off the form of APE so far.

• 2 weeks later...
On 28/11/2017 at 9:19 AM, tjamest said:

Looks like i will need to stay over as my last train goes at about 11.00. Can anyone recommend any  hotels nearby, ideally in walking distance? Thanks

Travelodge Bethnal Green now booked - £41.00!

Anyone looking for a reasonable hotel in the area for this I stayed at The Re on Hackney Road recently. lastminute.com “top secret location” deal £60. 4*, decent rooms, excellent bar and restaurant, just a little bit further out from Shoreditch but playing to the same trendy crowd (on a budget!)

• Upvote 1

On 03/01/2018 at 12:02 PM, James96 said:

Jack White at governors ball

Is it likely that Jack White will headline here then after all? It is quite a tight squeeze playing in NY (what looks like Saturday night) and then headlining in London the next day

On 03/01/2018 at 12:02 PM, James96 said:

Jack White at governors ball

Is it likely that Jack White will headline here then after all? It is quite a tight squeeze playing in NY (what looks like Saturday night) and then headlining in London the next day

41 minutes ago, finn_with_1_n said:

Nah he's out I think. 

I imagine the sixth day just wont be a thing this year. Either that or it'll be something they can easily put together at the last minute- along the lines of someone like New Order. 

• 2 weeks later...

About to book for the Bjork day but had a thought...Is Beck definitely on before Bjork and not headlining a second stage and then clashing?  Do the headliners at these one-day London fests (BST ect)  tend to be the only act on at that time, with second stage just for more choice during the day time?

1 hour ago, funky squaredance said:

About to book for the Bjork day but had a thought...Is Beck definitely on before Bjork and not headlining a second stage and then clashing?  Do the headliners at these one-day London fests (BST ect)  tend to be the only act on at that time, with second stage just for more choice during the day time?

It's difficult to say as its obviously the first event but I do think it'll be more like Field Day, where they have someone clashing, than BST, where they don't. Definitely won't be Beck though. 

(Obviously for the Presents gigs the following weekend there won't be headline clashes) 

Just now, ConorC said:

How many tickets are they selling for this?

Any ideas of what my chances would be of getting one, say end of March/start of April?

I think you'd be fine, I can't really see any of the dates selling out really. Maybe Bjork? But then again she now has another date at the Eden Project thing. LCD didn't sell out at Lovebox and that was fresh out of their comeback.

• Upvote 1