All Points East Festival 2018

finn_with_1_n

21 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Worth noting there is a bag restriction - I got an email about it:

• We will not allow large bags into All Points East but you will be permitted to take small bags and handbags in with you. We class small bags as no larger than 35cm x 40cm x 19cm or standard handbags.

The info also said it's better not to take a bag at all - which I think is hugely optimistic for the British climate!

Yeah, I'm gonna take no bag when it's 25 degrees *and* a high risk of thunderstorms in essentially May when it will still be cold at night

35 minutes ago, sadimmock said:

I don’t suppose anybody else there today could update us on the ground conditions please? 

I played cricket in Victoria Park last night. the odd puddle on paths, a tad soft, but nothing that left any effect on my work shoes, and cricket kit didn't even get that dirty. Fine imo

On 5/31/2018 at 4:26 PM, Hugh Jass said:

I still cannot believe that 5 minute gap between WOD and The National isn't a mistake.

Ridiculous isn't it. My consolation was that I'd see WOD at Green Man only to check and find they clash with The Brian Jonestown Massacre - another decision to make!!

7 hours ago, evilduck said:

Setlist for Nick Cave last night looks good! I'm a bit worried the crowd is going to be full of talkers like Bjork though, anyone got any guesses for the capacity this weekend? As far as I can tell its only missing the west arena section.

I've taken to rudely asking talkers to shut up or move, being polite never seemed to work.

Can someone please clarify how easy it is to smuggle booze in? Does everyone get patted down, or just random searches? Will a bottle in my undies be found? Did anyone get caught with booze? My fear is getting caught with booze will lead to more thorough searches which would be disastrous... 

22 minutes ago, russycarps said:

Can someone please clarify how easy it is to smuggle booze in? Does everyone get patted down, or just random searches? Will a bottle in my undies be found? Did anyone get caught with booze? My fear is getting caught with booze will lead to more thorough searches which would be disastrous... 

Probably fine getting through with booze in your briefs. You're likely to walk past some lovely doggies though.

54 minutes ago, Losing my hair said:

Ridiculous isn't it. My consolation was that I'd see WOD at Green Man only to check and find they clash with The Brian Jonestown Massacre - another decision to make!!

Been extended to 10 minutes now.

Looks like the times have been completely altered to allow people to see War on Drugs in between Future Islands and The National.

A lovely thought but it means a large chunk of people on site will be lurching from one end to another. At least the previous set times made people make a choice.

Having said that I did YYY>Phoenix>LCD last weekend in a similar timeframe and I was ok. Fear many others won’t be.

2 hours ago, russycarps said:

Easy as hell to get booze in IMO, I took a pouch of rum in my boxers the first day and then decided that was unnecesssary so instead put it inside my coat pocket that I folded up and put in my small backpack. They didn’t remove my coat from my bag either day just squeezed my bag from the outside.

1 hour ago, The Clearest Blue said:

Easy as hell to get booze in IMO, I took a pouch of rum in my boxers the first day and then decided that was unnecesssary so instead put it inside my coat pocket that I folded up and put in my small backpack. They didn’t remove my coat from my bag either day just squeezed my bag from the outside.

Cheers mate!

Belated but my impression of the Friday.

Very well organized considering this is the first year. Superb PA as everybody reported here. I thoroughly enjoyed the energetic performance of Catfish, they gave everything and then some — played full between 9:30 and 11pm, 5 minutes longer than on the timetable.

The weather was fine all day, no problem — I was in mountain boots just in case, but honestly didn’t need them at all. The grass was dry and no muddy terrain. Trainers will do if the weather stays that way.

And, no, you don’t need the VIP ticket/upgrade as far as your priority is music, not better facility of toilet etc. There is definitely no premium viewing area of some sort unlike BST. I feel it’d be just waste of money.

Does anyone know the stage times for tomorrow? Nothing has been released. All i know is nadine shah is on at 3:45 and extricated at 7 but don't know the stages. Also need advice re:booze and checks at the entrance. I assume there will be metal detectors? And if so how will i sneak in my booze? 

3 hours ago, some dude said:

Im so lost on set times...planned to get there for to kill a king...but looks like I have missed them? ? on my way now anyway, who knows who I will catch.

17 minutes ago, LM85 said:

Does anyone know the stage times for tomorrow? Nothing has been released. All i know is nadine shah is on at 3:45 and extricated at 7 but don't know the stages. Also need advice re:booze and checks at the entrance. I assume there will be metal detectors? And if so how will i sneak in my booze? 

Just try following the app is all you can do. The clashfinder runs on the app’s information and the times printed at the festival are probably weeks out of date. It’s a fiasco really as there are times today that can’t be right but I think the app is the best indicator you’re gonna get. They need to get this sorted next year as has been said.

There are metal detectors yeah. They didn’t actually check the bottle of water that I absent-mindedly opened and had a bit of on my way so that might be a goer if you can’t think of anything more creative. Price of mixers is quite bad though.

I went yesterday for the Catfish day. 

Well organised, and superb sound system (As everyones said).

I went to the bar by the main stage 7/8 times, and never waited more than 8 minutes. The north stage which I went to once, took a bit longer. Toilet queues were really good, especially compared to other London festivals that I've been to recently.

The set times that were on the app were spot on, so I'd use that for judgement.

I was also surprised about the amount of people that left Blossoms for The Hunna.

Also bumped in to Josh Franceschi (who was happy enough to part with information on the new album, two new songs, and two london shows in November), two members of the hunna on separate occasions and the lead singer of Coasts.