All Points East Festival 2018

finn_with_1_n

20 hours ago, Johndenis said:

Glad you hada  good time.  Megabus shift sounds tough!  Can I ask what your Rum Tactics were?  Am i going to get away with a capri sun pouch down my shorts?

White rum poured into an empty water bottle.

You can get the lid off the water bottle with the seal still on if you're careful enough. Screw lid back on. Walk through with your sealed water bottle.

Sure I saw a few people walking over with unsealed bottles of water anyway so it looked to be quite lenient as far as the liquid looked like water as far as I could see.

Edited by ConorC

I think (and someone correct me if I'm wrong) that the bit that is open this week is the half that will be closed for the shows over the weekend and vice versa?  So on that basis the ground should be relatively fine?

Edited by Jon F

Pulp would be the dream booking for next year if they ever decide to get their arses back in gear and reform.

The Streets could also be a possibility, sold out 6-7 nights at Brixton next February so the appetite is still there.

The rest depends on who is active this time next year.

17 minutes ago, Jon F said:

I think (and someone correct me if I'm wrong) that the bit that is open this week is the half that will be closed for the shows over the weekend and vice versa?  So on that basis the ground should be relatively fine?

I think the films are being shown on the screens next to the main stage, so I don't think that's right 

33 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

I think the films are being shown on the screens next to the main stage, so I don't think that's right 

Looks like films are being shown on the second stage, so the main stage and the main tented stage are both closed off this week. 

https://static1.squarespace.com/static/59df56f78dd0414a334b9798/t/5b0c072daa4a990332176a86/1527514940433/APE+Triangle+signage+midweek+map+HR.PDF

9 hours ago, zzzfest said:

I’m going this weekend all three days. I have a couple of questions to those who attended the first weekend.

(1) Do you recommend me to wear trekking shoes or even wellies? Are trainers good enough? What was the terrain like when it rained, especially Sunday after the ground was trodden by the hordes by then?

(2) I’m considering upgrade to VIP for a better viewing of the stage. Is it worth it?

Any comments appreciated. Thanks.

I went all three days and was in trainers all weekend, didn't see any mud and my trainers are coated in a layer of fine dust. How the ground will hold up this week is anyones guess but please report back after Friday as I'm going again on Saturday!

I saw a number of those with VIP bands in the crowd around me for bands which suggests that the view from the VIP area isn't as good as in the crowd.

In regards to others drinks questions, the IPA was £6 a pint, Red stripe was available in pints and cans, there was also Heineken bottles (330ml), cans of old mout cider (both cherries and berries and kiwi and lime flavors), also spotted Strongbow on tap. There was a jagermeister bar that did different jager cocktails, tried one, it was vile. Saw vodka, rum, whisky and mailbu available at most bars, plus I spotted a Jim Beam bar to the left of the main stage. 

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

1. The rain didn’t hit until after everyone had gone home so was fine, although the site is open all this week for free entry so may have got churned up since then, although I would think as long as there’s no serious rain trainers you don’t mind killing are fine, walking boots possibly depending on how bad it is this week.

2. I didn’t do VIP myself and people will be able to correct me, my understanding is that the VIP area only offers an area to the left of the stage with no actual sight of it, so it’s almost behind of it, more of a place for respite than a better view. I certainly didn’t see any VIP viewing platforms or anything like that.  

13 hours ago, The Clearest Blue said:

I went all three days and was in trainers all weekend, didn't see any mud and my trainers are coated in a layer of fine dust. How the ground will hold up this week is anyones guess but please report back after Friday as I'm going again on Saturday!

I saw a number of those with VIP bands in the crowd around me for bands which suggests that the view from the VIP area isn't as good as in the crowd.

Many thanks for the info, Matt and The Clearest Blue. 

IMHO the benefit of VIP should be a better vantage point, e.g. FOS, more than anything else.

Sounds pointless for upgrade to me.

59 minutes ago, zzzfest said:

Many thanks for the info, Matt and The Clearest Blue. 

IMHO the benefit of VIP should be a better vantage point, e.g. FOS, more than anything else.

Sounds pointless for upgrade to me. 

No it shouldn't, piss off. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

On 5/29/2018 at 1:29 PM, Johndenis said:

Glad you hada  good time.  Megabus shift sounds tough!  Can I ask what your Rum Tactics were?  Am i going to get away with a capri sun pouch down my shorts?

I used the capri sun tactic and it was picked up by the metal detectors they scan you with! I denied I had anything and luckily the guy let me through, quite fortunate I wasn’t taken to be searched in the tent.

Really looking forward to this on Sunday! Having just moved house and my life currently feeling quite chaotic, it'll be good to have a few pints and watch some good music in the sunshine. Was checking in with this thread last weekend and so pleased to see the good reviews re sound quality and etc.

I think I might attempt a small pouch of rum about my person. What's the worst that can happen with booze anyway - they take it off you?

33 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Keeping an eye on the weather over the next couple of days. Reports of thunderstorms don't sound promising for the ground.

It’ll probably be alright, nobody walking on where the bulk of the action takes place til tomorrow afternoon and it was rock hard anyway 

via @blackdooragency on twitter  "#BreakingNews #AndrewWeatherall will perform an 8 hour DJ set at this Sunday's @allpointseastuk. You may just have heard of some of the other acts on the line up that day .... @nickcave Patti Smith @baxterdury @st_vincent @nadineshah Unsurprisingly it's #SoldOut".     Presume this is on the X Stage which is still showing on the map for this weekend....

30 minutes ago, Jon F said:

via @blackdooragency on twitter  "#BreakingNews #AndrewWeatherall will perform an 8 hour DJ set at this Sunday's @allpointseastuk. You may just have heard of some of the other acts on the line up that day .... @nickcave Patti Smith @baxterdury @st_vincent @nadineshah Unsurprisingly it's #SoldOut".     Presume this is on the X Stage which is still showing on the map for this weekend....

I hope someone stops on their way past and watches him.