All Points East Festival 2018

finn_with_1_n

Really great day yesterday, fantastic sound even way back on the main stage and atmosphere was great too. The dogs must be pretty shite...

Queues were fairly normal (although 40 mins for a burger was verging on a piss take, one poor lassie grilling as fast as she could, whilst the owner looking fella played tambourine...hipster slow food I guess...but they JUST about got away with it as the burger was pretty damn good and at least I could dance to the YYYs whilst I waited)

I am a bit confused on what exactly the VIP got you though? As far as I could see everyone went in the same entrance and I never saw a VIP area at all :/ Glad I resisted...

Felt fairly full in the end, was worried it was going to be half empty (although there was a very large amount of "guests"). It did seem like a big well organised festival, but without as many acts as it should have done. The line up yesterday was incredible though, YF, GA, YYYs + LCD was a dream. 

I am absolutely destroyed today though.

I'm going next Saturday with my wife for the National/WOD/Future Islands but haven't booked tickets yet. Saw a pair going for £70 on Gumtree but reckon I can get them cheaper than that. Only problem is we're away from Monday to Friday so don't think I'll be able to sort anything out online now.

Just wondering if anyone who's been there this weekend saw people selling tickets outside? We've got travel sorted so plan is to head to London and hang out in the park beforehand (have a few beers, food etc) and see if I can pick up a couple of tickets? Really pleased to hear the general set up and sound are getting positive reviews as those factors can easily ruin festivals like this.

1 hour ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

There was a separate entrance queue to the right of the one most people went through, we assumed it was for O2/Barclaycard customers or something but guess it must have been for the VIPs. Did love the crowd booing the VIP section during LCD.

You'd think so, but It wasn't.. :/ It's the queue I went through (didn't realise it was a lot shorter until I was already queuing), but it was just a normal GA (or if it was VIP it was not being enforced at all). I couldn't see any other entrances, it probably was meant to be VIP but somewhere along the way the message didn't get passed on to the staff... unless it was being enforced then they opened it to alleviate the other queue. 

Didn't see anyone selling tickets outside either.

• Upvote 1

Ready for friday, did anybody see people under 18 alone being turned away? I was considering going Friday too but didn't want to stick it out alone as it may of been hard to get in (i'm 16) but we're planning on Friday to find some adults to go in with and split off of course (or stay if they are cool!) I think a lot of people in Friday will be without people over 18 so any tips would be excellent.

Is the ground ok there?

I am assuming it's absolutely lashing it down at the park at the moment as it is where I am and I'm relatively close, but I'm hoping it started as people had either left or had already left so the ground may dry out before tomorrow.

The met office currently has tomorrow as completely fine with no rain...the BBC says otherwise but I've found them to be quite unreliable in the past.

3 minutes ago, Sean1234321 said:

Is the ground ok there?

I am assuming it's absolutely lashing it down at the park at the moment as it is where I am and I'm relatively close, but I'm hoping it started as people had either left or had already left so the ground may dry out before tomorrow.

The met office currently has tomorrow as completely fine with no rain...the BBC says otherwise but I've found them to be quite unreliable in the past.

I looked on the met office half an hour ago and they said lots of rain.

are you sure?

14 hours ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

There was a separate entrance queue to the right of the one most people went through, we assumed it was for O2/Barclaycard customers or something but guess it must have been for the VIPs. Did love the crowd booing the VIP section during LCD.

I know there’s a separate disabled lane, was it that one you’re talking about? I’ve got a friend going in a wheelchair who said he got told they have that. 

Another great day, being able to see Justice would've elevated it but hey ho. Left after 20 minutes of The xx cos they're dirge, the tragedy that happens when music that gets its popularity from being filler for spotify playlists gets to headline festivals. But Lorde was great.

The sound is just unreasonably good here, easily the best I've heard at a London festival and gives a lot of major venues a run for their money. Soulwax sounded incredible and that was just the second stage, on main I remember being stood right at the back of the bars while one of the daytime acts played and being so impressed by how loud and clear it still was. Some invite the BST organisers round to check it out yeah? 

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, evilduck said:

I had some time to go in Despacio earlier, it's amazing. The sound is so good and it's really dark, and everyone is just dancing away. It's really fucking hot in there though, they could probably do with a few more fans

Yeah spent a while in there yesterday. Mostly to fawn over James Murphy. But the sound was good too!