All Points East Festival 2018

finn_with_1_n

it  could have been really bad, but it was ace tonight, not  a single gripe at all, my only issue was that I wish I had taken a load of pills and just sat in Despacio all night because that place was insane! Sound was great at all of the stages, really good please to hang out! 

My word, Phoenix are an excellent live band. They're like if TDCC had a more refined quality about them. The crowd was also brilliant, especially for a London day festival.

Additionally, LCD were great. All the members are such fantastic performer. Sure they played some curveballs in their set and missed out some of the more famous songs but it didn't matter. I was too in awe to care. It was also amazing that there were very few people attempting to bloody film the whole thing and the crowd were just living in the moment. Delightful!

And that is just a snippet from my brilliant first day.

Fantastic day and a really great launch for this festival. Standards seemed to be very high across the board and none of the bands disappointed. Drinks prices are decent too if you go to the right bars, main stage ones had pints of strongbow for 5.20 as I think did North stage. 

One point of confusion - when are bands playing tomorrow? The board inside the arena has a different set of times to those on the app. 

Screenshot_20180526-030933.thumb.png.28ea3b9a43fd171a5ef48152239c0f7b.png

Excellent day. Great atmosphere and people. Some top acts - LCD and Young Fathers the highlights.

Similar layout to Field Day and some of the food areas + Jagerhouse looked to have been borrowed from BST Hyde Park.

North Stage struggled for sound. Seemed really low for Hookworms, and judging by their Twitter they thought so too.

Edited by fingers_mark

Few thoughts on yesterday.

Not sure I’ve been to a festival with better sound quality. It was incredible. As a result, there wasn’t a bad performance all day.

Perhaps I’m not as ballsy as some, but I’m not sure how you’d get any alcohol in through the airport-style security. Might just be me, but it looked pretty difficult.

Only two gripes really. The Firestone stage has a carousel situated right in front  which ensures that anyone going from the East stage towards the west of the site has to cut straight across the crowd watching. Pretty much ruins the viewing experience.

The queues at the bars were frankly rediculous. They all have contactless payment but I was there for what seemed like an eternity at times without moving a jot. Also, I couldn’t find any of the bars serving Redchurch or Truman beers. I am back next weekend for The National so will look again.

42 minutes ago, Huckleberry Finn said:

Not sure I’ve been to a festival with better sound quality. It was incredible. As a result, there wasn’t a bad performance all day.

Perhaps I’m not as ballsy as some, but I’m not sure how you’d get any alcohol in through the airport-style security. Might just be me, but it looked pretty difficult.

Only two gripes really. The Firestone stage has a carousel situated right in front  which ensures that anyone going from the East stage towards the west of the site has to cut straight across the crowd watching. Pretty much ruins the viewing experience.

The queues at the bars were frankly rediculous. They all have contactless payment but I was there for what seemed like an eternity at times without moving a jot. Also, I couldn’t find any of the bars serving Redchurch or Truman beers. I am back next weekend for The National so will look again.

The big bar in stretch tent closest to Jim Beam area has the best spread 

7 hours ago, Mash011 said:

Fantastic day and a really great launch for this festival. Standards seemed to be very high across the board and none of the bands disappointed. Drinks prices are decent too if you go to the right bars, main stage ones had pints of strongbow for 5.20 as I think did North stage. 

One point of confusion - when are bands playing tomorrow? The board inside the arena has a different set of times to those on the app. 

West arena are loads different to the app, god knows which is right

Thoroughly impressed. Great sound, good atmosphere for a London festival (maybe helped by not being sold out), decent beers on tap. The bar near the north stage had very short queues.

Phoenix and LCD incredible. Wanted to spend all day in Despacio, amazing in there.

Looking forward to round 2 today!

32 minutes ago, ConorC said:

Is the ground ok for trainers? Heading down from Manchester for the Bjork day tomorrow, dont wanna get there and realise i cant move.

Ground is absolutely fine, some rain due tonight and throughout tomorrow, but will be fine with trainers that you don’t mind getting a bit dirty. 

23 minutes ago, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

Ground is absolutely fine, some rain due tonight and throughout tomorrow, but will be fine with trainers that you don’t mind getting a bit dirty. 

Sweet.

Even more buzzing about tomorrow now reading the good reviews on here!

4 hours ago, Huckleberry Finn said:

That’s interesting because I thought he queues were excellent all day! Didn’t queue for more than 5 minutes and I went to the bar about 6 times. Seemed to be really well managed to me!

The whole day was brilliant. The lack of communication and info before the event made me a bit wary and I didn’t have the highest expectations,  other than knowing LCD would be ace, but it really impressed me. Would definitely go again next year even if the lineup wasn’t as strong.

YYY’s and LCD back to back was better than I thought possible. I’ll remmeber that forever.

Had an ace day yesterday, the sound was incredible as has been said. Chromeo and LCD were the highlight - how much of a moment was Someone Great, oh my god - but nobody disappointed. The crowd were shite, why you’d pay £70 to yabber through the headliner with your back to the stage I’ll never understand - but I guess you expect that in London, and there were a pleasing number of people there considering there was nobody particularly mainstream on the bill. I know it wasn’t full to capacity but it felt like the right number of attendees for the size of the site, definitely.

Yes kinda blown away by how good the actual festival was; considering that a lot of the organisation regarding times and tickets going into seemed a bit poor, they had their logistics sorted in there. Was saying afterwards how much it felt like Glastonbury in terms of clientele, atmosphere (a lot less lit of course) and the stages were visibly reminiscent too. Looking forward to seeing what they can offer next year.

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, Mash011 said:

The board is wrong, her just did their set which matched app times/LCD screen outside tent, very confusing