All Points East Festival 2018

finn_with_1_n

5 minutes ago, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

Bearcubs are ok, bit James Blake meets Sampha, or Sevdaliza for some wonky electro R’n’B with very mild FKA Twigs hints 

Thanks. Not really sold on either description. Beers outside plus a bit of despacio sounds like a winner.

49 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Same question from me. Parts of that Saturday look a bit poor,  albeit it does have some great names at the end of the day plus Rex.

Check out Karyyn if you haven't. I recall you like Bjork and she is very much in the same line as her and Arca and co. and is even approved by The Bjorker herself.

Also ditch Rex Orange County. He's a hack.

7 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Check out Karyyn if you haven't. I recall you like Bjork and she is very much in the same line as her and Arca and co. and is even approved by The Bjorker herself.

Also ditch Rex Orange County. He's a hack.

I know he's cheesy yet somehow I really like his vibes. 

Just now, xxialac said:

I know he's cheesy yet somehow I really like his vibes. 

Yeah I think he's incredibly lucky (probably an industry plant) but admittedly if there's anywhere he should fare best it's on a sunny afternoon, whereas Karyyn maybe won't but check her tunes out regardless!

21 minutes ago, ace56blaa said:

Noticed theres an 1hr10 min gap between bbng and lykki li on saturday, possibly a secret set or act to slot in. i was thinking secret hot chip set considering the members are about all wekend

As a newcomer on the block, I doubt it's the sort of festival that is organised enough to offer secret sets and that gap isn't that long.  Though otherwise that Hot Chip Megamix thing would work well then. Hope I'm wrong, mind.

1 hour ago, ace56blaa said:

Noticed theres an 1hr10 min gap between bbng and lykki li on saturday, possibly a secret set or act to slot in. i was thinking secret hot chip set considering the members are about all wekend

As above there's some fuckery going on with those times - I'm fairly sure BBGN were originally listed later? And there's a weird 5 minute change over earlier in the day. So those times may just be wrong.

Just now, Clakus said:

Assuming there's gonna be scary sniffy sniffer dogs on the entrances for LCD day right? There wasn't any for BST or Citadel last time I attended but at a big fancy new event like this I'd expect them. Thoughts?

I think they had them at Field Day and Lovebox last year, at least when I was going in...

54 minutes ago, Clakus said:

Assuming there's gonna be scary sniffy sniffer dogs on the entrances for LCD day right? There wasn't any for BST or Citadel last time I attended but at a big fancy new event like this I'd expect them. Thoughts?

Presumably, they have to match the same licence criteria that Field Day & Lovebox did on the same site?

Field Day had plenty of dogs just after the turnstiles aimed at the punters walking in and being walked towards those that their handler's had profiled. 

I'm heading along to the LCD day this weekend, mainly for Phoenix, Yeah Yeah Yeahs and Glass Animals. Not mad about LCD soundsystem but i'll probably give them a watch. Also plan to see Confidence Man, Superorganism and Yonaka. Any more recommendations in the gaps?

36 minutes ago, huntyyy said:

I'm heading along to the LCD day this weekend, mainly for Phoenix, Yeah Yeah Yeahs and Glass Animals. Not mad about LCD soundsystem but i'll probably give them a watch. Also plan to see Confidence Man, Superorganism and Yonaka. Any more recommendations in the gaps?

Hookworms, although they clash with the second half of Superorganism.

You can easily check out the whole lineup on this here Spotify playlist, based on each act's recent setlists.