All Points East Festival 2018

finn_with_1_n

27 minutes ago, ConorC said:

Possibly a daft question but is there a limit on backpack size? Can't see anything in the T&Cs.

This was in the email that they sent last week:

We will not allow large bags into All Points East but you will be permitted to take small bags and handbags in with you. We class small bags as no larger than 35cm x 40cm x 19cm or standard handbags

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, ConorC said:

Possibly a daft question but is there a limit on backpack size? Can't see anything in the T&Cs.

There was an email last week...

We will not allow large bags into All Points East but you will be permitted to take small bags and handbags in with you. We class small bags as no larger than 35cm x 40cm x 19cm or standard handbags.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, SophieBee said:

This was in the email that they sent last week:

We will not allow large bags into All Points East but you will be permitted to take small bags and handbags in with you. We class small bags as no larger than 35cm x 40cm x 19cm or standard handbags

Ah ok, my mate got the tickets so I haven't had an email about it.

Tbh I only want to bring a sealed bottle of vodka (water) then a portable charger. Probably be able to just carry them through then put the charger in my pocket.

Edited by ConorC

2 minutes ago, TheFullShaboo said:

For the people who are picking up a few cheap cans before they go in are you just planning on drinking them in the remaining parts of Victoria park that isn't being used for the festival? 

That's my plan (assuming the weather is nice). 

How does Victoria Park compare to Finsbury when it comes to concerts. I've heard less than stellar things about FP in terms of overcrowding and the sound at the back of the crowd. Does anyone know if VP is usually better in this regard?

Edited by ollieg99

15 minutes ago, Stuielooie said:

What the hell is happening with the Catfish day? I've heard no new information about that day since it was announced

The entire line up is on the app. Those six bands are the entire two main stages, but there are smaller stage lineups for that day including a tasty DIY Magazine curated bill a the JägerHaus.

13 minutes ago, ollieg99 said:

How does Victoria Park compare to Finsbury when it comes to concerts. I've heard less than stellar things about FP in terms of overcrowding and the sound at the back of the crowd. Does anyone know if VP is usually better in this regard?

I've had no issues over the years with the sound, overcrowding has been in an issue at a couple of events in the past but it's not currently looking as though it's going to sell out anyway. This is a brand new venture though so all bets are off to be fair, have no idea what soundsystem they will have in place on the main stages, and depending on how they have set out the festival it could still suffer with some pinch points.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

I've had no issues over the years with the sound, overcrowding has been in an issue at a couple of events in the past but it's not currently looking as though it's going to sell out anyway. This is a brand new venture though so all bets are off to be fair, have no idea what soundsystem they will have in place on the main stages, and depending on how they have set out the festival it could still suffer with some pinch points.

Most of the stage pages on the APE site specifically tout their fancy sounding some systems so hopefully they'll live up to that. 

9 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Times are going a bit weird on this now. Some of the smaller stages and earlier acts keep shifting about. Yak have been added to Nick Cave day though, which I think is new.

Yeah, they've messed around with the Saturday afternoon.

56 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Times are going a bit weird on this now. Some of the smaller stages and earlier acts keep shifting about. Yak have been added to Nick Cave day though, which I think is new.

Ah thought there must be some fuckery going on with the West Arena on Saturday, got a 5 minute gap between a couple early artists and a massive 70 minute gap later on. Do us a favour and move Justice into the clashing slot Richie Hawtin has on Friday while you're at it yeah lads?

16 minutes ago, Mash011 said:

Ah thought there must be some fuckery going on with the West Arena on Saturday, got a 5 minute gap between a couple early artists and a massive 70 minute gap later on. Do us a favour and move Justice into the clashing slot Richie Hawtin has on Friday while you're at it yeah lads?

Doesn't fill you with confidence that they publish a limited number of stage times and then immediately start fiddling with them so much.