All Points East Festival 2018

finn_with_1_n

33 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

Presumably, as its AEG, this will essentially have the same booze agreement as BST - where they sell plenty of pints. 

I hope so. Not a big fan of BST, but their bars the last few years have always been good.

Gonna be tough to figure out my evening for The National. A few overlaps in that Warpaint-Gengahr-Future Islands-War on Drugs-Pumarosa run. Might have to miss out on the latter two if it's a bit of a walk between stages.

Delighted with the stage times and I think it has worked out as well as it could have considering the amount of good acts playing. Only going for the first two days but my plan for the two days is:

Friday: Gerd Janson > Chromeo > Glass Animals > Chet Faker > Phoenix > LCD 
Saturday: Despacio > Rhye >  Soulwax > Hunee > Justice > The XX

The fact that I am even getting to see all of those acts is amazing, thought the clashes would be a lot worse! I will be very disappointed if they are only selling cans of strongbow.. Surely somewhere will be selling pints of lager.. Anyone know are there any good bars around the area for a pint or two before going into the festival?

Looking like I will be missing the start of some of the acts as I make my way across the site, but hoping to see the below run of acts....

Friday - Superorganism - Hercules & Love Affair (some Gerd too) - Vessels - YYY's - Hot Chip DJ's - LCD Soundsystem

Sunday - Octavian - Benin City - Alexis Taylor - Sylvan Esso - Kelala - Friendly Fires - FlyLo - Black Madonna - Bjork

3 hours ago, the wonderwhy said:

Presumably, as its AEG, this will essentially have the same booze agreement as BST - where they sell plenty of pints. 

Better than that:

"Two Tower Hamlets brewers (Redchurch and Truman’s) have also granted free pouring rights across the 10-day event."

https://standoutmagazine.co.uk/five-minutes-with-aeg-presents-jenny-hamada-event-manager-at-in-the-neighbourhood/

Confidence Man > Superorganism > Young Fathers > Chromeo > Glass Animals > Yeah Yeah Yeahs > LCD

incredible day tbh

Rex Orange County > Badbadnotgood > Soulwax > Lorde > The xx

Slightly less incredible due to the loss of Justice, but a Lorde is a big draw. 

Hey guys. Timetable has me very excited now. Heading over from Ireland on the Friday. Just checking in to see has anyone/everyone who bought from Amazon Tickets received hard copy tix yet? Ts&Cs say not to be worried until a week before but no sign yet so just checking!! 

Hoping to get to Confidence Man, Superorganism, Young Fathers, Glass Animals, Yeah Yeah Yeahs and LCD Soundsystem. Sad to miss Phoenix but sure... 

13 hours ago, LeFreak said:

Delighted with the stage times and I think it has worked out as well as it could have considering the amount of good acts playing. Only going for the first two days but my plan for the two days is:

Friday: Gerd Janson > Chromeo > Glass Animals > Chet Faker > Phoenix > LCD 
Saturday: Despacio > Rhye >  Soulwax > Hunee > Justice > The XX

The fact that I am even getting to see all of those acts is amazing, thought the clashes would be a lot worse! I will be very disappointed if they are only selling cans of strongbow.. Surely somewhere will be selling pints of lager.. Anyone know are there any good bars around the area for a pint or two before going into the festival?

If you are walking up from Mile End station there is a pub on the right hand side as you go up. There is also a pub on the roundabout just before you go in but that will be rammed. 

Edited by John L

What are everyone's plans for each day? Any recommendations for the earlier acts? There's a few slots i'm unsure about but so far i'm thinking:

25/5: ????? > Young Fathers > Glass Animals > Yeah Yeah Yeahs > Phoenix > LCD Soundsystem

26/5: ????? > BadBadNotGood > ? > Lykke Li > Lorde > The XX

27/5: Kelly Lee Owens > ????? >  Sylvan Esso > Django Django > Friendly Fires > Flying Lotus > Beck > Bjork

2/6: ????? > Future Islands > The War on Drugs >  The National

3/6: ????? > The Psychedelic Furs > Patti Smith > Marika Hackman >  Nick Cave

1 hour ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

What are everyone's plans for each day? Any recommendations for the earlier acts? There's a few slots i'm unsure about but so far i'm thinking:

25/5: ????? > Young Fathers > Glass Animals > Yeah Yeah Yeahs > Phoenix > LCD Soundsystem

You could do worse than Superorganism or Confidence Man on Friday, both of whom are pretty popular on these boards.

As for The National day, I am hugely excited about seeing The Districts again. I’ll be heading to All We Are and Gengahr after that.

25/05 - confidence man, superorganism, young fathers, glass animals, yeah yeah yeahs, LCD

26/05 - soulwax, justice, XX

27/05 - alexis Taylor, Django Django, friendly fires, beck, Bjork

03/06 - Bo ningen, shame, black lips, Courtney Barnett, Brix, st Vincent, Nick cave

Has anyone got any recs for daytime stuff for the XX? Otherwise first thing I want to see is Soulwax. 

5 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

26/5: ????? > BadBadNotGood > ? > Lykke Li > Lorde > The XX

27/5: Kelly Lee Owens > ????? >  Sylvan Esso > Django Django > Friendly Fires > Flying Lotus > Beck > Bjork

3/6: ????? > The Psychedelic Furs > Patti Smith > Marika Hackman >  Nick Cave

Parcels and Khruangbin are what you want. 

Oh and Hookworks. 

Broken Social Scene and Warpaint on Nash Null day. 

11 minutes ago, evilduck said:

Has anyone got any recs for daytime stuff for the XX? Otherwise first thing I want to see is Soulwax. 

badbadnotgood. K A R Y Y N and Rex Orange County are okay. Otherwise that day is dead. 

47 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

The more I think about it the more I think only having 5 minutes between the end of WOD on one stage and The National starting on another is a stupid and potentially dangerous decision. The surge from one end of the park to the other will be ridiculous.

Yeah, stupid that. The War On Drugs should be subbing on the main stage.