All Points East Festival 2018

finn_with_1_n

11 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Which would you recommend? Only one I'm familiar with is The Big Moon

I saw The Big Moon in Williams Green Tent at Glasto last year - they were terrific; not got Friday tickets though.

Pumarosa on the Saturday will be worth catching, it's all down to set times.

1 hour ago, big__phil said:

I can't imagine anything would clash with LCD, would it?

That’s my big worry. I feel like if they’re smart at all they’ll have headliners play with no other large artists opposite

Really not tryna choose between XX and Lorde or Bjork and Beck

Edited by WeirdFishes290

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

I think the East Stage headliners will run unopposed but I could see value in clashing. In future years it might be wise not to rest it entirely on a headliner and instead make it much more like a normal festival rather than a day gig.

Second stage finishing early with the rest still going, no? You've got acts like Justice, Flying Lotus and Richie Hawtin headlining West Arena who are the kind of big dance acts that close a day off in darkness. Seems to be a bog standard tent so you're not going to get the kind of darkness Justice and Flylo would want for their shows if they go on before the headliners. And with how the whole festival is kind of split between being an indie festival and a dance festival I think it makes sense to clash those with the headliners while having the second stage clash would be daft.

Second weekend will of course have the headliners run unopposed.

(this is very much biased by my conviction that the Saturday will let me see Lorde into Justice rather than having to be bored by the stinking xx. but yknow.)

23 minutes ago, Mash011 said:

Second stage finishing early with the rest still going, no? You've got acts like Justice, Flying Lotus and Richie Hawtin headlining West Arena who are the kind of big dance acts that close a day off in darkness. Seems to be a bog standard tent so you're not going to get the kind of darkness Justice and Flylo would want for their shows if they go on before the headliners. And with how the whole festival is kind of split between being an indie festival and a dance festival I think it makes sense to clash those with the headliners while having the second stage clash would be daft.

Second weekend will of course have the headliners run unopposed.

(this is very much biased by my conviction that the Saturday will let me see Lorde into Justice rather than having to be bored by the stinking xx. but yknow.)

Yeah you may be right.

Looking at the Northand East stages, I wouldn't be surprised if they flip-flopped throughout the whole festival. West Arena seems tucked away enough to be fine, like.

You can get a free ticket and guaranteed to see headliners at both APE Festival and APE Presents... by volunteering with My Cause UK and by volunteering you'll fundraise money for charity!

Check them out https://mycauseuk.com/event/all-points-east-festival/

I'm going for both weekends with them, all I had to do was pay a refundable deposit on the cost of one ticket price 

Cheers

xxx

14 hours ago, BobMarns said:

You can get a free ticket and guaranteed to see headliners at both APE Festival and APE Presents... by volunteering with My Cause UK and by volunteering you'll fundraise money for charity!

Check them out https://mycauseuk.com/event/all-points-east-festival/

I'm going for both weekends with them, all I had to do was pay a refundable deposit on the cost of one ticket price 

an 8 hour shift to watch 4 hours of music doesn't seem a good trade to me, but each to their own

40 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

Bunch of new smaller names added. Only standout for me is Kelly Lee Owens 

K A A R Y N (or whatever, ffs) is new I believe. She's pretty talented and perhaps worth checking if you're off to shit Saturday.

This has to be the last thing before the times at least.

2 hours ago, dentalplan said:

K A A R Y N (or whatever, ffs) is new I believe. She's pretty talented and perhaps worth checking if you're off to shit Saturday.

This has to be the last thing before the times at least.

Why would you add new names including Kelly Lee Owens and not actually communicate who those new names are?

And I expect set times the day before.  Bet they leave it to the last minute.

Hey guys,

I've bought a 3 Day Ticket and am looking to sell for cheap just so I can get rid of it.

On top of this I've bought the 2nd June, The National headlining, ticket that I also can't go to!! 

The former was £186 whilst the latter was £65 but very open to whatever offers come my way! :)