All Points East Festival 2018

finn_with_1_n

58 minutes ago, Odessa said:

Yeah, they're very likely to check. The strictness of it tends to be venue dependent in my experience. So when it's been put in place at the arena (for Gorillaz and Arcade Fire in recent months) it's been ignored, but I saw Paramore at the Apollo last year and they checked my ID. But if you have the booker's ID you'll probably be ok, especially if it's an old expired one where "your" appearance would feasibly have changed a lot.

WHP don't have that policy. There are lots of touts for the events there. For some reason it says it on the tickets but they never actually put it into action, same at Parklife which is also ran by them I think. The fella that runs it likes to find people on Twitter who are touting tickets and publicly announce he's cancelled their tickets, so it might just be so he can legally do that maybe.

Did you see anyone get turned away at Paramore?

I've definitely been to another gig at the Apollo recently where it was named ticket holders and they didn't check (think it was Wolf Alice).

Just now, ConorC said:

Did you see anyone get turned away at Paramore?

I've definitely been to another gig at the Apollo recently where it was named ticket holders and they didn't check (think it was Wolf Alice).

I didn't see anyone turned away, but I assume I would have been if I didn't have my ID otherwise why did he check it?

I went to Wolf Alice and that defo wasn't an ID one. Did you see Lorde there by any chance, you might be thinking of that? When I booked that one it said it was gonna be ID on entry, but then a few weeks later when it still hadn't sold out, it didn't say that on the website anymore. And then it didn't say it on the ticket either, so I assume they took the policy away when there wasn't as much demand as anticipated.

I obviously don't know for sure how it'll work but from my limited experience I think they will be checking.

Stubhub sent me a fucking 5% discount cos I didn't finish my order last night and it got me to book it. Embarrassing level of willpower but I'm buzzing. The Yeah Yeah Yeahs!!! Yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Odessa said:

I didn't see anyone turned away, but I assume I would have been if I didn't have my ID otherwise why did he check it?

I went to Wolf Alice and that defo wasn't an ID one. Did you see Lorde there by any chance, you might be thinking of that? When I booked that one it said it was gonna be ID on entry, but then a few weeks later when it still hadn't sold out, it didn't say that on the website anymore. And then it didn't say it on the ticket either, so I assume they took the policy away when there wasn't as much demand as anticipated.

I obviously don't know for sure how it'll work but from my limited experience I think they will be checking.

I wasn't at Lorde.

Bit panicky now then. Hoping the fact that I got them through twickets (which is much more above board then the standard resale sites) and having the guy's driving license is gonna be enough.

6 minutes ago, John L said:

Ticket bought via Stubhub for Björk has arrived already. There is no name printed on it.

Still waiting for ticket and eticket bought “officially” for The National and Nick Cave to show up....

Glad you said that - I'm still waiting for my Cave tickets as well. It says they'll be sent out at least three days before, so I guess it could still be a while. 

There’s a ‘Firestone Live’ stage at this thing. If I’m not mistaken, it’s a pop up stage that they’ve had at Download a few times with unsigned bands and stripped back sets from known bands so I’m guessing it’ll be the same fare here. Might be worth keeping an eye on.

36 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

There’s a ‘Firestone Live’ stage at this thing. If I’m not mistaken, it’s a pop up stage that they’ve had at Download a few times with unsigned bands and stripped back sets from known bands so I’m guessing it’ll be the same fare here. Might be worth keeping an eye on.

Yes, I'd spotted that. At Primavera it was one act a day and smaller acts in an intimate setting. I was hoping the spotify playlist would give the game away as to who but seems not to have been updated in a while.

Expect someone like Tom Misch to do an earlier briefer set.

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, choo choos said:

Can anyone help (I know its a new gig) but there isn't a lot of info at ape.

What time does music start (doors open 12) Presume there is more than one stage ?

Will there be band times in a programme/online, or pinned near relevant stage,

Ta.

Five stages first weekend. Three the second.

Music should start shortly after doors for each day.

I expect there’ll be an app with all the times but yeah they’ll be released prior to the fest.

12 hours ago, choo choos said:

Can anyone help (I know its a new gig) but there isn't a lot of info at ape.

What time does music start (doors open 12) Presume there is more than one stage ?

Will there be band times in a programme/online, or pinned near relevant stage,

Ta.

The APE website is very poor. I guess they are trying to save money but it does not exactly make the festival or the standalone days enticing. For a new event seems very lacklustre!

8 minutes ago, Harry49 said:

The APE website is very poor. I guess they are trying to save money but it does not exactly make the festival or the standalone days enticing. For a new event seems very lacklustre!

It starts in 21 days but you don't get the impression they are ready from their communication. They announced in October and since then it's been slow.

That said, acts (and stages) are great and that's the important thing.

2 hours ago, Johnkhutch said:

There's two tickets for The National going for £48 each inclusive of Twicket fees; anybody fancy buddying up? Have to buy them as a pair and I don't know anyone interested!

I have a single spare National ticket going which I was hoping to get face value (£59.95) for if you are interested.