All Points East Festival 2018

finn_with_1_n

On 26/04/2018 at 9:47 PM, Gilgamesh69 said:

Which day, if any, do you think will sell out first? 

Potentially National or Cave if we're counting those as I assume they'll have a substantially lower capacity but realistically none of them will sell out. London is waaay saturated for this kind of outdoor festival gig this Summer - was already a lot of them going but with two weekends of APE plus Citadel, Lovebox, that QotSA gig, Community, Field Day, BST (admittedly BST seems to be doing great this year) etc plus stuff like the Big Weekends elsewhere all muscling in together it can't really be a sustainable level. Great for savvy buyers though as I've said.

Picked up my tickets for Friday and Saturday of the main festival - £68 inc fees for the 2-day ticket off a resale site which I'm pretty happy with. Every chance they'll go lower but good to have it sorted. Got my eyes still semi-open for National/Cave if they go low enough to tempt me.

11 hours ago, Johnkhutch said:

Perfect! Saw a LCD ticket for 35 quid and can’t imagine them getting much cheaper, cheers!

Damn I had my eyes on that. :P

I'm gonna bite and buy a ticket in the next few days probably. Cheapest I can find atm is £47 for the LCD day after fees which is great for LCD, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Confidence Man and Superorganism (assuming no clashes which isn't certain). 

I've paid that just for LCD here in June which is what's sorta holding me back from going down for this as well, it's kinda unnecessary but I'm still super tempted. Which brings me to moaning about ID on entry tickets again, as I can't decide to do APE instead of the Apollo gig cos I'm unable to sell my Apollo ticket as I booked it in my name. (I'd still want to do the Apollo gig as well on this occasion but I'm still gonna have a moan. Viva Pixies and their no booking fees and ticket reselling system in place.)

15 minutes ago, Odessa said:

Damn I had my eyes on that. :P

I'm gonna bite and buy a ticket in the next few days probably. Cheapest I can find atm is £47 for the LCD day after fees which is great for LCD, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Confidence Man and Superorganism (assuming no clashes which isn't certain). 

I've paid that just for LCD here in June which is what's sorta holding me back from going down for this as well, it's kinda unnecessary but I'm still super tempted. Which brings me to moaning about ID on entry tickets again, as I can't decide to do APE instead of the Apollo gig cos I'm unable to sell my Apollo ticket as I booked it in my name. (I'd still want to do the Apollo gig as well on this occasion but I'm still gonna have a moan. Viva Pixies and their no booking fees and ticket reselling system in place.)

Didn’t go for Stubhub in the end, the £35 ticket turned out to be £55 with fees and postage (£10 to central London?!) so holding out a wee bit longer in case twickets brings something up.

Just now, Johnkhutch said:

Didn’t go for Stubhub in the end, the £35 ticket turned out to be £55 with fees and postage (£10 to central London?!) so holding out a wee bit longer in case twickets brings something up.

Are you sure? It says £47.25 total for me on there and that's for a ticket listed at £38. And I'm as far as the payment screen so there isn't more to add.

I got an (unsolicited) email from stubhub the other day offering me 5% off because i'd 'failed to complete my booking' after having a nosey at prices/fees. 

So maybe have a look out for that. It's not much but will knock a couple of quid off. Guess its because I was signed into an account... 

10 hours ago, Odessa said:

I've paid that just for LCD here in June which is what's sorta holding me back from going down for this as well, it's kinda unnecessary but I'm still super tempted. Which brings me to moaning about ID on entry tickets again, as I can't decide to do APE instead of the Apollo gig cos I'm unable to sell my Apollo ticket as I booked it in my name.

Do you think that's gonna be an issue?

I've bought tickets off someone on twickets for it, you reckon they'll be that strict on ID? Think the guy is sending me his old driving license just to be on the safe side but I didn't think it'd be much hassle, they had the same policy when I bought off twickets for their gig at WHP last year and they didn't ask to see any ID.

Also had another gig which was strict on photo ID but I had a pic of the booker's passport on my phone which they were ok with.

Main weekend going very cheap indeed and will get cheaper but I've still yet to see much for The National and especially Nick Cave, which seems to be holding remarkably strong. In fact going purely off the (limited) metric of Facebook event responses Nick Cave seems to be the most in-demand of the lot. May have to resort to volunteering to get myself into those ones...

14 minutes ago, Mash011 said:

Main weekend going very cheap indeed and will get cheaper but I've still yet to see much for The National and especially Nick Cave, which seems to be holding remarkably strong. In fact going purely off the (limited) metric of Facebook event responses Nick Cave seems to be the most in-demand of the lot. May have to resort to volunteering to get myself into those ones...

Couple going under 50 quid on twickets at the moment, so I reckon it'll reach £40 at the end of the month 

Yeah this certainly won't be in anywhere near as bad a place as BST was at its low point. Capacity is a lot lower obviously. And would be a spectacularly dumb way to go if this is meant to be the first year of a continuing thing. I am surprised we haven't seen a 2-for-1 or something like that, though.

Edited by Mash011

2 hours ago, ConorC said:

Do you think that's gonna be an issue?

I've bought tickets off someone on twickets for it, you reckon they'll be that strict on ID? Think the guy is sending me his old driving license just to be on the safe side but I didn't think it'd be much hassle, they had the same policy when I bought off twickets for their gig at WHP last year and they didn't ask to see any ID.

Also had another gig which was strict on photo ID but I had a pic of the booker's passport on my phone which they were ok with.

Yeah, they're very likely to check. The strictness of it tends to be venue dependent in my experience. So when it's been put in place at the arena (for Gorillaz and Arcade Fire in recent months) it's been ignored, but I saw Paramore at the Apollo last year and they checked my ID. But if you have the booker's ID you'll probably be ok, especially if it's an old expired one where "your" appearance would feasibly have changed a lot.

WHP don't have that policy. There are lots of touts for the events there. For some reason it says it on the tickets but they never actually put it into action, same at Parklife which is also ran by them I think. The fella that runs it likes to find people on Twitter who are touting tickets and publicly announce he's cancelled their tickets, so it might just be so he can legally do that maybe.