All Points East Festival 2018

finn_with_1_n

33 minutes ago, James96 said:

Field Day's clashes were disgusting as line up adverts touted incredible acts but in reality you could only see one of the five biggest names. 

Still a good day though.

I managed to see Slowdive, Aphex Twin and Run the Jewels at field day last year. Admittedly I was wandering around pissed and barely remember any of them, but I definitely saw all three!

8 minutes ago, DiscothequeDave said:

I'm sure I read somewhere that they insist on playing in a tent so assuming there's a main stage and a tent then Phoenix will headline the tent. 

Yeah they asked Glastonbury to play the John Peel tent to show off the lights. Then again at quite a few festivals and headline shows they've done outside venues.

I really hope they don't clash with LCD Soundsystem as they're my two favourite acts on the line-up.

18 minutes ago, finn_with_1_n said:

Yeah they asked Glastonbury to play the John Peel tent to show off the lights. Then again at quite a few festivals and headline shows they've done outside venues.

I really hope they don't clash with LCD Soundsystem as they're my two favourite acts on the line-up.

In a nut shell. Would love for both.

Might swing off to the Justice gig in Manchester if I can though - I haven't seen them yet, having made a baffling decision to stick it out for Ed Sheeran last year at Glasto.

(My defence is that I had quite enjoyed Sheeran in Manchester earlier in the year, but it remains utterly inexcusable in hindsight.)

6 hours ago, RyanS said:

But they've sort of promoted these as if the days are based around the headliners.  I'm hoping it'll be like BST where nothing clashes with the final headliner.   It's 40k capacity, they're unlikely to sell out and it would seem daft to lose a large percentage of the crowd to another stage.

I might just be clutching at straws as I'd be quite pissed at all of the clashes you've suggested.

I think they've done the opposite - why else would they have the 3 presents gigs (which won't clash) as a different 'brand'?

1 hour ago, the wonderwhy said:

Doesn't look like it 

Just now, Gilgamesh69 said:

I do wonder if Nick Cave may end up being an exclusive though. Can't think of what other festivals he would play at in the UK, and I can't see him doing another regular show yet considering he toured the UK only last year.

Nick Cave at latitude would have been the one I would have said, although he is elsewhere in Europe on the Saturday of that weekend so probably not

15 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I couldn't see the point in Latitude announcing Nick Cave as a festival exclusive headliner despite a massive show on sale months at what essentially is a festival in London. I'm sure Latitude and All Points East won't share headliners anyway.

I was thinking more along the lines of him being tied into latitude exclusive before APE came asking. I know it’s a tenuous reason, but it’s the only realistic one I had for why the second weekend is gigs instead of the festival 

Thinking about flying over for this as an alternative to Primavera, worried there are going to be nightmare clashes (such as LCD vs Phoenix, The XX vs Justice, as in the clashfinder).

Couple of questions, for gigs/festivals in Victoria Park which is the nearest tube station? Has it been confirmed how many stages there are going to be at this festival or how many more acts we can expect to be announced? 

3 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Mile End is the nearest underground station. It says there's 3 stages at the Nick Cave day so I assume it'll be the same for the others?

Not sure about the Presents shows, but I'm pretty sure for the main festival they said there would be over 100 acts, so there's plenty more to come still. I just hope they have a few more surprises...

I think it's 5 stages for the festival and 3 stages for the Presents days, I'm sure that's what the press release said and the efests page backs up the first part. I guess it'll be 3 stages of bands and 2 stages for dance music on the first weekend and then just the 3 band stages the second weekend.

23 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

I think it's 5 stages for the festival and 3 stages for the Presents days, I'm sure that's what the press release said and the efests page backs up the first part. I guess it'll be 3 stages of bands and 2 stages for dance music on the first weekend and then just the 3 band stages the second weekend.

Nice one, couldn't remember if it was five stages or four. I have 120 in my head as the rough number of acts. 

Hi guys, sorry if this has been covered. Going to get a ticket to the day The National are headlining. How many more acts do you expect to be announced for this day? Are most of them just going to be smaller bands filling the line up or is their still room for some more big acts? 

11 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Not sure. One would think that as it's a festival she'd probably just do a "greatest hits" set. But I've also heard she's quite unpredictable with her setlists.

Also it's the 25th anniversary of Debut this year so that might have some influence too.

I dunno if she does Greatest Hits sets really. She stopped playing Hyperballad at the end of last year 

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, Gilgamesh69 said:

That stage looks pretty decent actually. Shows they're putting efforts into it and they wont just be playing on boring generic looking stages. Just a shame there's a curfew, as partying til the early hours of the morning at the X stage sounds like it could be great.

How are you doing the Clashfinder anyway? Is it just guess work at the moment?

Yeah it looks like something that wouldn't be as good as it could be at night. 

Yup - nothing else to really go on