All Points East Festival 2018

finn_with_1_n

36 minutes ago, MattDavies__ said:

Nice one, just seen it. Guessing the sixth will be one of the stand alone shows they haven't finalised yet. 

So... Nick Cave, The XX, Bjork for weekend 1, LCD Soundsystem, The National, ??? for weekend 2 I'd guess 

I would actually expect LCD Soundsystem for the festival (w/e 1) and Nick Cave for the standalone show (w/e 2). Seems to tie in better with the blurb and the acts already billed. Bjork could go for either I suppose.

11 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I would actually expect LCD Soundsystem for the festival (w/e 1) and Nick Cave for the standalone show (w/e 2). Seems to tie in better with the blurb and the acts already billed. Bjork could go for either I suppose.

Yeah I thought that too but I was working on the order they'd been posted as meaning something. Guess The XX playing Saturday ruins that tho so you're probably right 

Either way I'm kinda bummed about this thinking about it as I was hoping a Latitude with at least one of Nick Cave/LCD/Bjork would be my Glasto replacement. 

Think Field Day might plump for St Vincent 

Edited by MattDavies__

2 minutes ago, MattDavies__ said:

Eurgh, just clocked Dice are selling VIP Standing tickets for this. Hope that just means you get non-pleb toilets and a pork pie from Fortnum & Mason rather than them splitting the front section like at BST 

What's the price difference for VIP?

2 minutes ago, MattDavies__ said:

Eurgh, just clocked Dice are selling VIP Standing tickets for this. Hope that just means you get non-pleb toilets and a pork pie from Fortnum & Mason rather than them splitting the front section like at BST 

I was worried about that too when I first saw it, but if it is what the event page is saying then it isn't too bad:

All Points VIP

- Dedicated fast track entrance lanes for All Points VIP customers

- Access to All Points VIP - an exclusive area offering a VIP bar, premium food outlets, additional comfortable seating and enhanced toilet facilities.

- Access to an extensive range of bars, food concessions and toilets in the main arena

6 minutes ago, chemica said:

What's the price difference for VIP?

Bout 30 quid 

5 minutes ago, finn_with_1_n said:

I was worried about that too when I first saw it, but if it is what the event page is saying then it isn't too bad:

All Points VIP

- Dedicated fast track entrance lanes for All Points VIP customers

- Access to All Points VIP - an exclusive area offering a VIP bar, premium food outlets, additional comfortable seating and enhanced toilet facilities.

- Access to an extensive range of bars, food concessions and toilets in the main arena

ah cool cool that's fine then 

5 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

I saw someone mention in the Primavera thread that QOTSA are with AEG, perhaps they'll do this too and this will be the big open air gig mentioned a while ago?

I assumed they'd be doing R+L given their secret set this year but I guess this one too would fit in well.

6 hours ago, chemica said:

There was rumours of The Rolling Stones having a big festival date in the pipeline. With the financial backing of AEG, its certainly possible that this could be what was being talked about. It would be a great way to kick it off. 

However, my only concern would be the capacity. 

6 hours ago, MattDavies__ said:

No chance they'd put the Stones on here and not Hyde Park a month later. 

Stones looks to be a Knebworth gig / new festival - http://www.efestivals.co.uk/news/17/170908b.shtml

13 minutes ago, thetime said:

Can’t see nick cave playing, he’s not done any fests on this tour has he? Is Bjork big enough to headline a 40k fest in the UK?

Nick Cave would presumably be his own show, which he's doing in Ireland around the same time. Dunno about Bjork but is she's part of the fest alongside The XX and LCD I reckon that'd be fine 

On 27/10/2017 at 6:55 PM, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

All shaping up very nicely, but it'd be the third summer in a row I've seen LCD and/or The National, so my anaconda don't want none unless you got Nick Cave and Patti Smith, hun.

Aye I'm in a similar boat to this. Saw all three of LCD, The National and Nick Cave within two weeks of each other last month, plus The National at Glasto this year and LCD at Glasto last year. So as good as this sounds I doubt I'll bother with it.

19 minutes ago, thetime said:

Can’t see nick cave playing, he’s not done any fests on this tour has he? Is Bjork big enough to headline a 40k fest in the UK?

4 minutes ago, MattDavies__ said:

Nick Cave would presumably be his own show, which he's doing in Ireland around the same time. Dunno about Bjork but is she's part of the fest alongside The XX and LCD I reckon that'd be fine 

Plus the article announcing the show in Ireland said he was playing it before moving onto festivals. I think he's been rumoured for Down the Rabbit Hole, too. Guess he's planning to change the show up a bit to make it more festival-friendly.

16 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Aye I'm in a similar boat to this. Saw all three of LCD, The National and Nick Cave within two weeks of each other last month, plus The National at Glasto this year and LCD at Glasto last year. So as good as this sounds I doubt I'll bother with it.

I think I'd happily pay to see an LCD show every summer tbh. Seen them three times since the comeback and I'm not even near being bored. 

But yeah I don't really want to bother with this as I'm sure it'll be way more expensive than it needs to be, especially with no camping. Hopefully the lineup basically gets copied across to BKS or similar in Europe. 

This is going to be an interesting one when Glasto comes back though- it looks like its being aimed at, well, us and if its going to be stealing some of our top-of-the-wishlist acts every year (I'm assuming few will do both) then that's gonna be a bummer. 

34 minutes ago, MattDavies__ said:

I think I'd happily pay to see an LCD show every summer tbh. Seen them three times since the comeback and I'm not even near being bored. 

But yeah I don't really want to bother with this as I'm sure it'll be way more expensive than it needs to be, especially with no camping. Hopefully the lineup basically gets copied across to BKS or similar in Europe. 

This is going to be an interesting one when Glasto comes back though- it looks like its being aimed at, well, us and if its going to be stealing some of our top-of-the-wishlist acts every year (I'm assuming few will do both) then that's gonna be a bummer. 

Oh yeah I'd definitely be happy to see them again but I mean I'm just probably not gonna be able to justify the cost having seen them twice recently.