Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
ramragon

Line up prediction game 2018

Recommended Posts

I would guess you'e still got 2 to 3 weeks Thurlow, theres no hint of an announcement yet but I'd be surprised if they take it past the first week of Feb. We usually get some notice of an announcement so I'll set an end time then 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd best get round to thinking of 20 

 

From all the names banded about so far I'm really surprised no-one has gone for wild beasts yet especially since this is their last year as a band, played the festival a few times already, not played for a while or gotten too popular either

 

I think they would fit the mould quite well 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, thurlow84 said:

I'd best get round to thinking of 20 

 

From all the names banded about so far I'm really surprised no-one has gone for wild beasts yet especially since this is their last year as a band, played the festival a few times already, not played for a while or gotten too popular either

 

I think they would fit the mould quite well 

I used to pick them every year from what I remember and got nowhere ! Given up on em so no doubt theyll appear this year 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The courteeners 

the slow readers club ( it’s a band ramragon not the after school club you attended)

the libertines

Richard Ashcroft 

the chemical brothers

Shed seven 

The Prodigy 

the 1975

blossoms

black grape

2 many djs

 wild beasts 

Kasabian ( lol ) 

prodigy 

craig David 

dua lipa

the horrors 

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by LOCHLAND5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 08/11/2017 at 3:54 PM, bottonrob said:

1st early bird stab...

  1. Fun Lovin Criminals
  2. Pulp
  3. Belinda Carlisle (I'll ask her again soon!)
  4. Jesus Jones
  5. Lowes
  6. Marsicans
  7. Garage
  8. Sleeper
  9. Reverend and the Makers
  10. Cast
  11. Texas
  12. Chemical Brothers
  13. Chvrches
  14. The Sherlocks
  15. The Amazons
  16. Jamie T
  17. Kasabian
  18. Shed Seven
  19. Justified Ancients of Mu Mu
  20. Fratellis

Ok final cut with the rumoured 1st announcement on the 31st January. I'm going for bigger names pretty much and just hoping to get 5/6 which would match my best tally ever. 5 years I've been doing this now!!!

  1. Fun Lovin Criminals
  2. Pulp
  3. Liam Gallagher
  4. Jesus Jones
  5. Lowes
  6. Marsicans
  7. Garage
  8. Sleeper
  9. Reverend and the Makers
  10. Cast
  11. Texas
  12. Chemical Brothers
  13. Snow Patrol
  14. The Sherlocks
  15. The Amazons
  16. Jamie T
  17. Kasabian
  18. Shed Seven
  19. Jeramiah Ferrari
  20. Fratellis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, bottonrob said:

Ok final cut with the rumoured 1st announcement on the 31st January. I'm going for bigger names pretty much and just hoping to get 5/6 which would match my best tally ever. 5 years I've been doing this now!!!

  1. Fun Lovin Criminals
  2. Pulp
  3. Liam Gallagher
  4. Jesus Jones
  5. Lowes
  6. Marsicans
  7. Garage
  8. Sleeper
  9. Reverend and the Makers
  10. Cast
  11. Texas
  12. Chemical Brothers
  13. Snow Patrol
  14. The Sherlocks
  15. The Amazons
  16. Jamie T
  17. Kasabian
  18. Shed Seven
  19. Jeramiah Ferrari
  20. Fratellis

Shit. You tried to hide it in there under unlucky for some.

Its gonna be Snow Patrol headlining.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Right I’m finally there 20 !!!!

 

The courteeners 

the slow readers club ( it’s a band ramragon not the after school club you attended)

the libertines

Richard Ashcroft 

the chemical brothers

Shed seven 

The Prodigy 

the 1975

blossoms

black grape

2 many djs

 wild beasts 

Kasabian ( lol ) 

prodigy 

craig David 

dua lipa

the horrors 

run dmc

jessie J 

gerry cinnamon 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 05/01/2018 at 6:52 PM, ramragon said:

To be thinned down a bit but I'll plug for 

Shed 7

Kaiser chiefs
Blossoms
Cabbage
King blues
Detroit social club
Pigeon Detectives
The libertines
Space
Peter hook and the light 
Tom Chaplin
Rae Morris
The Wombats
Sleeper
Wild Beasts
Stranglers
Fratellis 
Kate Tempest
The Beat
The farm
Dappy
Brian Ferry 

Adjusted a little

Edited by ramragon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Comfy Bean said:

Wouldn`t rule out a return for the Dizzie Rascal fella. Hopefully not as a main stage headliner.

he's in need of a few quid, his house was raided by baliffs last week - and his management had to cough up to make them give the ferarri back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here Goes...  Some wishful thinking

1   Liam Gallagher - apparently not 

2   Chemical Brothers (Wishful thinking but massive if it happened) - Though they are playing Boardmasters similar size

3   The Strypes

4   Black Grape

5   The XX

6   James

7   The Shimmer Band

8   Nathaniel Ratliffe and the Night Sweats

9   Dub Pistols

10 Busted 

11 Bootleg Beatles

12 Jungle

13 Colonel Mustard and the Dijon 5

14 Snow Patrol

15 Shed 7

16 The Hunnaband

17 Fun loving Criminals

18 Jake and the Jellyfish

19 Blossoms

20 The Tea Street Band

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chic

libertines

clean bandit

chvrches

erasure

kodaline

the script

george ezra

jamiroquai

alabama3

dreadzone

shed 7

cast

sigrid

frattelis

gentlemens dub club

dj yoda

kyle falconer

the beat

gerry cinnamon 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Surprised nobody has gone for Feeder or Reef.

I`ve got them on the bench with Kasabian, who I think I predicted last year. 

Might make some last minute changes :ph34r:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, paddyclark said:

Are Kasabian too big for Kendal?  Would be epic

In a word yes....but they have a few things on in the summer so they are out and about.

I’ve no clue on the costs etc but are they hugely more expensive than Noel g and if they are the ticket price and capacity are up on previous years.

 I’m guessing unlikely but can’t be ruled out.

They can’t just play Trnsmt every year so they need to play somewhere :-)

Interested on your thoughts on this Neil ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess anything is possible, but I wouldn't have thought they were short of offers of bigger places to play than Kendal Calling, and they don't really strike me as the sort of band who'd take lower-status* shows.

(* no offence meant to Kendal Calling).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

I guess anything is possible, but I wouldn't have thought they were short of offers of bigger places to play than Kendal Calling, and they don't really strike me as the sort of band who'd take lower-status* shows.

(* no offence meant to Kendal Calling).

Cheers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, eFestivals said:

I guess anything is possible, but I wouldn't have thought they were short of offers of bigger places to play than Kendal Calling, and they don't really strike me as the sort of band who'd take lower-status* shows.

(* no offence meant to Kendal Calling).

I totally agree with all you say ............ but ! 

You just never know with this Global deal lots of festivals same weekend 3 possible shows 1 weekend I recon they could split 700k 3 ways between them ! Decent money ,plus Kasabian doing them forest means there stock could be falling lots of bands have done the forest gigs and done Kendal size shows same year !shows plus they are playing some fancy Global award ceremony in March The global awards ! 

You just never know! But highly unlikely 

Edited by LOCHLAND5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure they would headline a small festival like KC the same year they headline Isle of Wight, despite the general opinion of that Festival on here, it’s a significantly bigger Festival than KC.(and I say this as someone who is ditching IOW in favour of KC this year)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, LOCHLAND5 said:

You just never know with this Global deal lots of festivals same weekend 3 possible shows 1 weekend I recon they could split 700k 3 ways between them !

except of course that's about 1/4 of their fee.  Are you going to work today for just 25% of your wage? :P

(PS: global own Victorious. It doesn't look like they're going to be splashing the cash from what's announced so far. Looks like the normal aging has-beens to me).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, eFestivals said:

except of course that's about 1/4 of their fee.  Are you going to work today for just 25% of your wage? :P

(PS: global own Victorious. It doesn't look like they're going to be splashing the cash from what's announced so far. Looks like the normal aging has-beens to me).

Not seen victorious line up will have a look or is embargoed for now ?

i work for free most days ! And hope and pray I make a little the last few days of the month! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, LOCHLAND5 said:

Not seen victorious line up will have a look or is embargoed for now ?

nah ... Libs, Kaisers, Shed Seven, and Lightning Seeds

That's just the Friday, so they'll be further bands of around the Libs size for the other days, but that's a long way under Kasabian in both popularity and fee.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

nah ... Libs, Kaisers, Shed Seven, and Lightning Seeds

Libs and shed 7 nailed on for Kendal then! The libs have obviously dropped their fees over the last couple of years ! TBH I dunno how 90 mins of the libs will go down at Kendal if they aren’t on it ! Could be flat as ! And I’ve witnessed some bizarre flat performances at Kendal lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, LOCHLAND5 said:

Libs and shed 7 nailed on for Kendal then!

I know the Sheds will be seen at a lot of places this summer, much more than just Global's fests.

And Sheds are one of the few bands i've rumoured for KC, and it's a bit more than just guesswork (tho I can't guarantee it's right).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×