Field Day 2018

Guy Incognito

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

Unless I’m reading too far into it, it seems like nuff change is going on. “Weekend of”, “upping sticks” with no specific venue and a pic of a dude in a sleeping bag although I don’t think I’ve heard of camping fests in London so I don’t really see much in that.

yeah good shout. Can't see a camping festival taking place in London but it definitely looks as if they're alluding to that

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

Unless I’m reading too far into it, it seems like nuff change is going on. “Weekend of”, “upping sticks” with no specific venue and a pic of a dude in a sleeping bag although I don’t think I’ve heard of camping fests in London so I don’t really see much in that.

I'm seeing that as it moving site in London, cos it still says London.

I think there's been at least one festival that moved from viccie park to Clapham Common in the past, so that's my guess.

1 minute ago, rhg_99 said:

Can't see a camping festival taking place in London

I've been to at least 2 that are inside the M25 ... tho one of them was officially Essex (Damyns Hall Aerodrome), and the other site was Greater London with a little bit within Essex (not the bit the festival was on, tho) which was Hainault Forest Country Park.

Just now, eFestivals said:

I've been to at least 2 that are inside the M25 ... tho one of them was officially Essex (Damyns Hall Aerodrome), and the other site was Greater London with a little bit within Essex (not the bit the festival was on, tho) which was Hainault Forest Country Park.

yeah I meant inner/central London, can definitely see how camping in Greater London would be possible.

Just now, eFestivals said:

why would it necessarily be moving to a central-ish location?

It's obviously moving for a reason, and if camping is that reason I'd guess it'll have to look further out.

yeah thats what I'm saying, that I cant imagine them making it a camping festival and keeping it within central London. They'd have to go further out if that was the case, to areas like the ones you mentioned. They could obviously stay within central London if it wasn't going to be camping.

Just now, rhg_99 said:

yeah thats what I'm saying, that I cant imagine them making it a camping festival and keeping it within central London. They'd have to go further out if that was the case, to areas like the ones you mentioned. They could obviously stay within central London if it wasn't going to be camping.

I can't think where might allow camping in central London, but there's been at least 2 city centre fests (in Guildford, and Leicester) which have done city camping - so you never know, it might happen.

20 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I'm seeing that as it moving site in London, cos it still says London.

I think there's been at least one festival that moved from viccie park to Clapham Common in the past, so that's my guess.

Clapham Common has a very strict license/number of events allowed. Im not even sure they can have stuff on in June!

Edited by zahidf

5 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Clapham Common has a very strict license/number of events allowed. Im not even sure they can have stuff on in June!

they've had quite a few in June in the past, tho the last one I've found is 2011 (Get Loaded, 12th June).

Can't really see them allowing camping there, but you never know I guess. Councils everywhere live in hope of someone chucking money at them at the mo.

Well continuing with that logic, Four Tet featuring on the line-up is pretty much the only prediction I have at the moment. This is only based on how many posts Field Day are retweeting about his new tour, and that EatYourOwnEars are working with him on that tour.

I am aware he was there in '16 but given he has a new album out, that's the only guess I have going.

2 hours ago, johnl said:

Finsbury Park according to several FB posts.

I'd look towards Brockwell Park more than Finsbury

On ‎20‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 2:15 PM, Hugh Jass said:

Be interesting to see if any of the other regular events in VP (Lovebox, Citadel, etc) are going ahead. Maybe the council has cut down? Maybe they’re asking for too much?

Finsbury?

Now that AEG have the licence none of these are going to be at VP as they're Live Nation have a hand in them so they'll be moving as well

Glad to see it go back to two days. Same weekend as Primavera - expecting even more crossover than usual. Much kinder on the wallet, legs and bum, too. So, The National could be a possibility? Also see Father John Misty in a high up slot. Four Tet likely to be there as @finn_with_1_n suggests.

Edited by Tuna