Field Day 2018

Guy Incognito

2 minutes ago, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

Legend! I just got mine as well. 

Reckon they'll go up on Monday?

Some acts I'm hoping for: Superorganism, Tom Misch, SOPHIE, Brockhampton, Denzel Curry, Car Seat Headrest, Jeff Rosenstock, Ezra Furman, UMO, Jorja Smith.

Could see MGMT headlining the main stage as they have nothing on from 22/05 - 14/06. If Four Tet is headlining The Barn with Nicolas Jaar subbing, that would be very impressive too. Especially with Thundercat and Mount Kimbie already "announced"

2 hours ago, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

I thought the same, not sure if that points to it being a fairly thinly spread line up? I'm not sure how much of the previous Field Day infrastructure will fit in Brockwell Park to be honest - maybe lost a tent or 2? 

Thought the attached might be interesting - this was in the plans. Can compare to:

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.4500981,-0.10596,869m/data=!3m1!1e3

So I'm thinking that the hangar must be on top of the hill between the tennis courts and the big house and you can see the other stages (Stage 2). I really like the positioning of Stage 1 on the hill - will give a great vantage for everyone a bit further back.

map brockwell.jpg

Edited by wonker

52 minutes ago, wonker said:

Thought the attached might be interesting - this was in the plans. Can compare to:

So I'm thinking that the hangar must be on top of the hill between the tennis courts and the big house and you can see the other stages (Stage 2). I really like the positioning of Stage 1 on the hill - will give a great vantage for everyone a bit further back.

map brockwell.jpg

Awesome thanks for that,  that would all make a lot more sense, my only visit there was for Sunfall, and they used a sliver of the space that Field Day are looking to use so that's really encouraging. 

1 hour ago, wonker said:

map brockwell.jpg

Stage two looks cool, too. 

Shame there's a single annoying tree in the way of stage one :P 

19 hours ago, finn_with_1_n said:

Some acts I'm hoping for: Superorganism, Tom Misch, SOPHIE, Brockhampton, Denzel Curry, Car Seat Headrest, Jeff Rosenstock, Ezra Furman, UMO, Jorja Smith.

Could see MGMT headlining the main stage as they have nothing on from 22/05 - 14/06. If Four Tet is headlining The Barn with Nicolas Jaar subbing, that would be very impressive too. Especially with Thundercat and Mount Kimbie already "announced"

Nicolas jaar played the barn last year.

6 minutes ago, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

Four Tet confirmed, guessing he will be doing a live show in the Barn given the Four Tet linked teasers they’ve been putting out. 

On that same screenshot he posted he spoiled what looks to be the Saturday line up too, quite underwhelming if that's all the acts on the Saturday.

IMG_20180204_161147.jpg

On 13/11/2017 at 10:38 PM, finn_with_1_n said:

Fever Ray

Field Day

Coincidence? Yes, most likely but still; she is touring and she would fit in perfectly on a Field Day line-up

Well at least I got what I wanted. Really hope she isn't on the Saturday line-up clashing with The National at APE but oh well

20 minutes ago, finn_with_1_n said:

Well at least I got what I wanted. Really hope she isn't on the Saturday line-up clashing with The National at APE but oh well

Looks like she will be as that seems to be the Saturday 'electronic' day. 

'Indie' day on the Friday then, which is logical given that's Catfish day. Rules Mogwai out.