Field Day 2018

Guy Incognito

2 hours ago, SophieBee said:

I was listening to BBC London this morning and they had an interview with someone from Friends of Brockwell Park. I don't know how much they are going to fight it, but they definitely aren't happy, so it's not a done deal yet. Though their counterparts in Finsbury Park just had an appeal against commercial events refused, so I'm guessing that may set a precedent.

I have some sympathy - it must be difficult living next to a park when these events are on - the crowds, the noise and the mess. Plus huge sections of the park are closed off for weeks and there was an event in Brockwell this summer that caused a fair bit of damage I think, which will have put them off this sort of thing (although it sounds like it was because it was very badly organised and I'd hope for better from the Field Day folks). It would be nicer if the friends groups came at it from a more positive perspective though - more of a 'how can we make this work for everyone' rather than 'we don't want it here'. It's always better when people try to find solutions together rather than stick their heels in at opposing sides. 

I have some sympathy as well, but on a purely selfish level it would be bloody great to have a decent festival south of the river and close to my place.

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, wonker said:

I have some sympathy as well, but on a purely selfish level it would be bloody great to have a decent festival south of the river and close to my place.

Yeah, I agree. And my sympathies tend to wane when they don't provide any workable solutions, other than say these events shouldn't happen at all in public parks, which tends to be the general position. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 20/12/2017 at 10:06 PM, James96 said:

I reckon if Thom Yorke plays Primavera as a solo act he'll be at field day - seems like a good fit too. Don't think he'd headline though, maybe sub?

It's a good shout. Maybe headlining that big Barn thing if it's back, cos I don't suppose he'll be there playing his geetar.

I see that Justice and Vince Staples are among the additions to Forbidden Fruit. The French lads probably a good shout to headline one of the days.

• 3 weeks later...

Thundercat and Mount Kimbie are two pretty good bookings so far. Saw the former at Glastonbury last year and had a great time. I'm still hoping for Fever Ray and someone like Jeff Rosenstock or perhaps SZA turning up. Ezra Furman is also around so he could feature at one point.

Field Day needs to do something remarkable this year to draw me away from APE. Bon Iver maybe?

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, The Clearest Blue said:

Can you buy single day tickets for Field day? I'm going to the APE Presents the National day on the Saturday but as I'm making the effort of heading into the big smoke I was considering going to Field Day on the Friday.

You have done previously. 

Depending on the tier of ticket you get, it's normally between £45-60*

*unsure on prices this year, mind. 

Previous field day's have seen a more electronic day on the 1st day (for a younger audience) and a more band led day on the 2nd day however, with APE, this could change this year. 

Edited by endswithMJ

25 minutes ago, endswithMJ said:

You have done previously. 

Depending on the tier of ticket you get, it's normally between £45-60*

*unsure on prices this year, mind. 

Previous field day's have seen a more electronic day on the 1st day (for a younger audience) and a more band led day on the 2nd day however, with APE, this could change this year. 

Ah cheers, appreciate the info, sounds like this could work well as a plan for me then, any idea when we can expect ticket release/lineup announcements?

1 hour ago, The Clearest Blue said:

Ah cheers, appreciate the info, sounds like this could work well as a plan for me then, any idea when we can expect ticket release/lineup announcements?

Unsure - either this week or next week I would say - Posts above mention Dice's twitter teasing an announcement so it shouldn't be too long!

On 25/01/2018 at 1:13 PM, The Clearest Blue said:

Saw a comment in the Primavera forum that an announcement is expected tomorrow, anyone heard anything about this? Suppose it could just be the logic of Dice teasing soon and people assuming that means this week and tomorrow is the last working day ...

I'm guessing Monday or soon after, as that's when they get the official aye or nay from the council. Same with Lovebox.

I'm actually not 100% sure about them both going ahead as quite a stink has been thrown up by local community groups...

2 minutes ago, aidenlangan95 said:

Lovebox seems to have moved from Brockwell Park to Gunnersbury Park. Might expect Field Day to move as well?

Was thinking the same, although it may be because the local council have agreed to restrict the number of event days at Brockwell park to avoid any extra aggro from the locals, in which case they could just have gone with the more financially rewarding bid.