What to do in an off year?

JacquelineS

I know it is off topic from Glastonbury, but this forum has the biggest following. I have been looking into the Roskilde Festival in Denmark. The logistics of getting there does not seem too bad. The only drawback for me personally is that it occurs at the end of June and the end of the month for me is busy for me at work and it encroaches on the Calgary Stampede which is a very busy time at my work. But still I am wondering if anyone has personal experience and what they thought of it?

Edited by JacquelineS

I was thinking about this too. Anyone know of any european festivals with more relaxed policies on alcohol, like Glasto?

Never properly appreciated how good we have it til I went to Lollapalooza in Berlin this year. All that queuing for drinks..

On 9/30/2017 at 10:59 PM, stuartbert two hats said:

Either:

A. Take the opportunity to spend more time with the family, maybe go camping and take my small daughter to a couple of low key festivals.  Generally take it easy in terms of expenditure and hedonism. 

Or:

B. Get ON IT good and proper at Boomtown.

mr Two hats I will be one of them getting proper on it at boom town , you read my mind squire

2 hours ago, Mark E. Spliff said:

I've never been, and the only thing I'd heard about it was the fatal crush during Pearl Jam in 2000.  However, this year's line-up looked pretty good and the discussions on this (offical?) forum give the impression that it may well be a decent distraction for June next year.

Ok, thanks for the link! The dates of the festival may be a little hard for me to manage, unfortunately. I am also giving Bonnaroo a thought. To be honest, logistically Glastonbury is one the easiest for me to get to.