British Summer Time 2018

Rose-Colored Boy

5 hours ago, evilduck said:

I can't imagine they would sell more primary entry tickets than there is capacity in the front section, otherwise what's the point? But then they do seem to like money. They might have sold even more this year. I've never had primary entry and have always managed to make the front section when I've tried in the past. 

Thanks for the reply.

So, after all, you don’t have to be that hustled if you are a primary entry ticket owner — you go to the gate no later than 12:30 (on The Cure day) and that’s early enough to get the wristband for the front section. It is likely GA ticket owners can also get the wristbands if they go there not long after the GA gate opens. 

Am I right?

1 minute ago, zzzfest said:

Thanks for the reply.

So, after all, you don’t have to be that hustled if you are a primary entry ticket owner — you go to the gate no later than 12:30 (on The Cure day) and that’s early enough to get the wristband for the front section. It is likely GA ticket owners can also get the wristbands if they go there not long after the GA gate opens. 

Am I right?

LAst year at the killers they were handing out wristbands until about 3/4pm

37 minutes ago, evilduck said:

They've confirmed it officially, no football being shown tomorrow. 

I tested my wind up radio before, just in case there’s no WiFi, and they were playing Friday I’m In Love. 

avoid the small bars - look for the large bar's selling Draught beer as its far cheaper.

we tried to leave via the north gate -  Stewards did not speak English - all the signs was pointing to Bayswater - no way was I walking to Bayswater {  I know those exits gates  } so we changed our arm ' and walked up the cycle lane - while everyone else was following the signs - in fact the path to Marble arch tube was not blocked so cant appreciate why the signs were pointing the wrong way.

7 minutes ago, MrZigster said:

How does that work then? I thought you had to pay Gold Circle prices to get in there.

There’s no Gold Circle today. When it’s just normal GA, they give limited wristbands out first-come-first-serve for the front pit so that people will still be able to leave and spend too much money on refreshments.

37 minutes ago, glasto-worker said:

avoid the small bars - look for the large bar's selling Draught beer as its far cheaper.

we tried to leave via the north gate -  Stewards did not speak English - all the signs was pointing to Bayswater - no way was I walking to Bayswater {  I know those exits gates  } so we changed our arm ' and walked up the cycle lane - while everyone else was following the signs - in fact the path to Marble arch tube was not blocked so cant appreciate why the signs were pointing the wrong way.

Yep. Top Tip. All bottles there are a rip off (but then so is £6 for something my local 'spoons manages to sell for about £2.80).

On the left (as you look at the main stage) there is a long long line of draught bars for Beer & Cider. If you are an ale person then I spotted a couple on the right. Reckon they may be a bit short of barstaff before about six today though.

I too got herded to an unwanted exit on the way out (this keeps happening to me lately). Also wanted to get to MA. They were stopping people from crossing over the path at the top near the North Gate at the end. When I finally got to where I wanted to be, the way I had come in had been blocked off. Bastards. Could maybe have caught an earlier train home otherwise.

So, if you want to take the best exit for Marble Arch take the right hand fork (near the fairground thing) when you leave and look for the cycle path mentioned.

Fuck knows why they block off exits/best routes to things like underground stations after these things. It's not like they warn you so you can make plans is it? Unless it's in the small print somewhere. Just caused another bottleneck further down the line imo. Ah. Bingo. That may be the reason. One bottleneck is cheaper to staff than two bottlenecks.

12 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

There’s no Gold Circle today. When it’s just normal GA, they give limited wristbands out first-come-first-serve for the front pit so that people will still be able to leave and spend too much money on refreshments.

8 minutes ago, evilduck said:

Yup. Today is the only day where GA can access the front pit. Yay for the cure! There's still the premium view section but they are off to the side.

Thanks for the replies.

Ah. Right. Thought you were talking about yesterday evilduck (when gates didn't open 'till about two).

The timmings seemed to have had a rejig. I am watching pumarosa who I am sure were not on the original lineup. Good news though as I saw them play outside at cureation on the southbank and enjoyed.

They are giving out the wristbands as you leave the front bit at the moment. Surely this will lead to overcrowding as opposed to giving out as you go in?

Edited by SalviaPlath

6 minutes ago, SalviaPlath said:

The timmings seemed to have had a rejig. I am watching pumarosa who I am sure were not on the original lineup. Good news though as I saw them play outside at cureation on the southbank and enjoyed.

They are giving out the wristbands as you leave the front bit at the moment. Surely this will lead to overcrowding as opposed to giving out as you go in?

I think they have been counting the amount of people going in. I just came back in via the north west side and they were only letting in people that had a wristband now. 

Good laugh reading this thread. The spectacular arrogance of the football fans who think their favourite game is of such all-consuming importance that any artist whose performance happens to coincide with a game should move over or compromise their show for it. Bizarre.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 4

So what did you all think of yesterday?

The Cure were great, was singing and dancing all night. I really enjoyed Pale Waves and Goldfrapp too. I took my dad for his birthday and he liked Pale Waves which I thought was surprising. I spoke to some absolute milf and she said she goes to a lot of gigs. I got her number and we said we should go to some gigs together, and she said that I can crash at hers if I want. Then she offered me some PCP but I said no :rofl:

• Upvote 2

Loved everything except the dickhead Cure fanboys with their picnic blankets taking up all of the golden circle and then refusing to acknowledge any of the other bands on previously. Interpol are my favourite band and I couldn’t see one person around me who seemed arsed. That said, people came to life for The Cure which did wonders for the atmosphere. What an amazing set!

also would just like to acknowledge that is absolutely definitely coming home. 

Edited by Livvy Mae
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Livvy Mae said:

Loved everything except the dickhead Cure fanboys with their picnic blankets taking up all of the golden circle and then refusing to acknowledge any of the other bands on previously. Interpol are my favourite band and I couldn’t see one person around me who seemed arsed. That said, people came to life for The Cure which did wonders for the atmosphere. What an amazing set!

also would just like to acknowledge that is absolutely definitely coming home. 

Picnic blanket w*nkers in the front circle do seem to be especially prevalent in the front sections of BST gigs in general. I wonder what draws them there...

• Upvote 1