British Summer Time 2018

Rose-Colored Boy

5 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

But will they be showing the footie?

Came here to ask same question. Don't wanna watch it on my phone but I will if I have to

On 7/2/2018 at 5:28 PM, evilduck said:

The general site map will be the same for all days, with the exception of the very front pit configuration. For all acts apart from The Cure, the front bit is for different levels of VIP/premium tickets only.

Fucking hell, they're doing that for all but 1 day this year? I hate this garbage 'festival'.

14 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

But will they be showing the footie?

14 hours ago, moz4pm said:

Came here to ask same question. Don't wanna watch it on my phone but I will if I have to

I emailed! Bad news, unfortunately.

Hi Olivia,

thank you for contacting AXS.

The World Cup won’t be shown at BST festival.

Kind regards,

Anna B
Contact Centre Assistant – AXS

So many tickets are now available for The Cure for less than face value on Twickets, especially following the football yesterday.

I guess the promoters don’t care as its ‘sold out’, that or there is just no room to safely show it with a full lineup of bands all day.

Glad I didn’t put down to volunteer in the end.

It's on early though isn't it? Not sure why its such a problem to watch it first, then go to the gig. You'll likely only have missed the first three or so bands of the day. I'm selfishly glad they aren't showing it, not sure where they would put a screen that wouldn't be a distraction to any of the stages.

5 minutes ago, evilduck said:

It's on early though isn't it? Not sure why its such a problem to watch it first, then go to the gig. You'll likely only have missed the first three or so bands of the day. I'm selfishly glad they aren't showing it, not sure where they would put a screen that wouldn't be a distraction to any of the stages.

Personally for me Slowdive are one of my favourite bands so I would be getting to the show for doors. I am coming down from Manchester, would have been nice to have the option. I went to Parklife during Euro 2016 and they showed England v Russia on a screen, watched for a bit then went to see Chemical Brothers. I'm disappointed but it's hard to complain when it's my choice to go and see Slowdive.

28 minutes ago, SalviaPlath said:

I haven't been to BST for some years but heading to The Cure. What have recent food/drink offerings and prices been like there?

Going by All Points East, drink will be between £5.50 and £6.50 for pints. Food has always been quite good and varied at BST, I'm a veggie and can usually find something nice. Prices are the usual for festivals.

5 minutes ago, mr flow said:

Seems crazy they aren't showing it. They're going to lose a fortune on bar takings as people aren't going to go in until about 6pm now.

not to mention the volunteers who won't turn up now the game is on -can imagine it being like that Festival Republic thing the other day where there were '3 hour waits'

7 minutes ago, Livvy Mae said:

not to mention the volunteers who won't turn up now the game is on -can imagine it being like that Festival Republic thing the other day where there were '3 hour waits'

From what I can see the bar staff are all paid, its the wristband and entry staff that are volunteers. I hope its not another Finsbury Park situation!

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, evilduck said:

Going by All Points East, drink will be between £5.50 and £6.50 for pints. Food has always been quite good and varied at BST, I'm a veggie and can usually find something nice. Prices are the usual for festivals.

Cheers. I thought the food options at ape were decent so hopefully similar.

18 minutes ago, Livvy Mae said:

That's true. I can also see it being a nightmare getting in after the football as most people will be turning up then if they definitely aren't showing the football. 

1 minute ago, mr flow said:

That's true. I can also see it being a nightmare getting in after the football as most people will be turning up then if they definitely aren't showing the football. 

But if they DO show the football, then everyone will be turning up when doors open so it'll just be the same situation anyway.

Either 70k people turn up at 1.30pm or 50% don't turn up until 6pm.

My experience with Hyde Park tells me they won't be able to deal with that many people on site so much earlier than normal.

On 7/2/2018 at 12:36 PM, Livvy Mae said:

I'm also proper devastated about this! Was hoping for some early evening/dusk When The Sun Hits! Hoping I can get there, get in, and get settled in time for them. Wonder if it's because tour travel commitments. I imagine I won't catch too much of Ride as I refuse to miss any of Interpol, happy to cut into the start of The Cure though. I can tell my Fitbit step counter is going to be happy with me...

I'd recommend doing it this way around. Ride generally kick off their sets with their newer, not so good material and then finish on a run of their older, better stuff (like Vapour Trail). Th Cure will no doubt kick off their set with some 10 minute slowburn album track from the early 80s (or suchlike) featuring a lot of feedback and wailing.