British Summer Time 2018

Rose-Colored Boy

On 27/04/2018 at 2:32 PM, Gilgamesh69 said:

So now that we seem to have the full lineup, how would y'all rank each day?

Cure is easily the best one, Rog is a strong headliner but let down by a weak undercard. Rest of them are a flaming pile of garbage. Out of the rest of them the only redeemable act is Steve Winwood and that's only because his CD makes great background music at my spin class - that's a gift for you, bumblebee.

• Upvote 1

I think [what I’d assume is] the Great Oak Stage lineups for Clapton and Simon days are pretty good. I don’t know who you’d realistically have support Waters that Floyd fans would unanimously enjoy so it’s just as well that he seems to have all the offcuts.

Edited by dentalplan

5 hours ago, fantomas said:

Does anyone have any experience of working for Festaff at BST?  Are they decent to volunteer for?

not with Festaff but have worked Hyde Park before - be aware that the crew entrance may or may not change - god knows why they move them - first year I did Hyde Park was 2006 - it was over 13 days and the running joke was ' where will be the crew entrance tomorrow ? '

the external wall dimensions changed on several days and the crew entry gate moved about dramatically - I am sure they had their reasons but a bit of advance notice would have helped - it may have changed but double check as it no fun going to the West Gate and being told its moved to the East Gate. Good Luck. 

Edited by glasto-worker
  • Upvote 1

On 4/28/2018 at 2:50 PM, fantomas said:

Does anyone have any experience of working for Festaff at BST?  Are they decent to volunteer for?

Volunteered with them for Florence + The Machine a couple years back. I did so in the hope to catch Kendrick but missed out. Still a great day; walked through the site while F+TM was soundchecking to an empty field. After the shift I got in the "golden circle" area, fka general admission easily. Highly recommend it!

• Upvote 1

On 5/2/2018 at 6:33 AM, the wonderwhy said:

Ah cool, does this volunteering lark mean you get easy access to the front then? 

Yes and No - it all depends on what pass you are issued - there will be tons of Volunteers who will never get close 

Festaff for example for  BST: Roger Waters, 6 July 2018 they only have two jobs -  Gate Steward's and Wrist banding so the staff who are doing Wrist banding are unlikely to get close but some Gate Steward's may or may not get close as it all depends on which gate they are allocated.

You can chance your arm with Security but its all a big gamble.

• 1 month later...

going to the cure show for my birthday in a few weeks - dead excited. 

i have a few questions about the festival itself please if anyone could help (excitement & being an overplanner is leading to some very-early organising here!)

i'm going to be getting a coach in to victoria. i believe you can walk to hyde park, and therefore the festival site - is that correct? wondered if there might be diversions, or if there are only certain entrances you can go in making it a faff. not really arsed as long as i can walk it!

what's security like? are there drug dogs? only really want to know if will it take ages; i wanted to try and get in on time to get one of those elusive 'get to the front' wristbands ideally and i'm coming down from manchester so that's something to think about.

finally (amazingly!) - i've heard it's a nightmare leaving at the end. is that true? don't mind missing a bit of the cure to leave early to get my coach (23:30) if i have to.

thanks guys!

33 minutes ago, Livvy Mae said:

i have a few questions about the festival itself please if anyone could help (excitement & being an overplanner is leading to some very-early organising here!)

i'm going to be getting a coach in to victoria. i believe you can walk to hyde park, and therefore the festival site - is that correct? wondered if there might be diversions, or if there are only certain entrances you can go in making it a faff. not really arsed as long as i can walk it!

what's security like? are there drug dogs? only really want to know if will it take ages; i wanted to try and get in on time to get one of those elusive 'get to the front' wristbands ideally and i'm coming down from manchester so that's something to think about.

finally (amazingly!) - i've heard it's a nightmare leaving at the end. is that true? don't mind missing a bit of the cure to leave early to get my coach (23:30) if i have to.

thanks guys!

Yep you can walk after it finishes and catch a coach at 11:30 - I know that from experience. It finishes before 10:30 anyway so really there’s nothing to worry about and you’ll probably even be sat in the coach station for a bit.

The security checks shouldn’t be a major hold up if you’re prepared... and don’t get caught with anything obviously. I think you’ll be fine getting a wristband anyway if you’re off down earlyish.

1 hour ago, Livvy Mae said:

thanks guys!

You should be able to walk up the right hand side of Hyde Park from Victoria. From memory they only let GA tickets in through the north entrance up by speakers corner, so it will be a bit of a trek (https://www.bst-hydepark.com/assets/doc/BST-2018-Public-Map-9e502594d2.pdf)

They are pretty strict on entry, with full body scanners and bag searches. Once its at peak time it can take a while to get in sometimes. As long as you are there before about 3pm I think you should be fine for the front circle wristband, although Cure fans are a bit mental so who knows.. 

They should have a pretty strict curfew of 10:30 as the "neighbours" around Hyde Park are shitters, so you'll have no problem getting an 11:30 coach. They open all the gates for exit so you'll be able to go out the south entrance.

On 6/15/2018 at 12:13 PM, Gilgamesh69 said:

Anyone interested in a ticket to The Cure? Not sure how much I'm selling it for but I won't rip ya off. I think you might have to enter with me as its an e-ticket, but not sure as it hasn't arrived yet.

I’m definitely after cure tickets. How much please?

On 6/15/2018 at 12:13 PM, Gilgamesh69 said:

Anyone interested in a ticket to The Cure? Not sure how much I'm selling it for but I won't rip ya off. I think you might have to enter with me as its an e-ticket, but not sure as it hasn't arrived yet.

Didn't see Homer's post

Edited by TomViolence

On 6/21/2018 at 3:38 PM, evilduck said:

You should be able to walk up the right hand side of Hyde Park from Victoria. From memory they only let GA tickets in through the north entrance up by speakers corner, so it will be a bit of a trek (https://www.bst-hydepark.com/assets/doc/BST-2018-Public-Map-9e502594d2.pdf)

They are pretty strict on entry, with full body scanners and bag searches. Once its at peak time it can take a while to get in sometimes. As long as you are there before about 3pm I think you should be fine for the front circle wristband, although Cure fans are a bit mental so who knows.. 

They should have a pretty strict curfew of 10:30 as the "neighbours" around Hyde Park are shitters, so you'll have no problem getting an 11:30 coach. They open all the gates for exit so you'll be able to go out the south entrance.

On 6/21/2018 at 2:40 PM, dentalplan said:

Yep you can walk after it finishes and catch a coach at 11:30 - I know that from experience. It finishes before 10:30 anyway so really there’s nothing to worry about and you’ll probably even be sat in the coach station for a bit.

The security checks shouldn’t be a major hold up if you’re prepared... and don’t get caught with anything obviously. I think you’ll be fine getting a wristband anyway if you’re off down earlyish.

cheers guys, I really appreciate your help.

got the coach home from Meltdown on Saturday which was proper grim so can't say am excited for that but everything else sounds fab!

keep checking the app for set times just on the off chance, not long now!