British Summer Time 2018

Rose-Colored Boy

1 hour ago, cc1989 said:

Ever since hearing they planed a tour before calling it a day I'd have said bst would be likely. They did say during their isle of Wight set that they weren't fond of big outdoor shows but kings of Leon and tom petty sold isle of Wight to them well. Last year at Hyde park Stevie nicks seemed to really enjoy herself during her set before tom petty so maybe there have been talks on going since then. 

After they announced the cure I don't think Fleetwood Mac will happen. I think maybe because they have the cure, a member of pink Floyd and Eric Clapton- 3 very old headliners and then a straight jump to 2 mainstream pop headliners there has to be one in between . This year they had green day kings of Leon and killers- all acts who are the type of 'in between'  that I mean . Which is why I think a band like RHCP Radiohead or Muse or something like that (a band who were big in 90s/00s but can still sell out tours instantly a decade later) would be ideal

Edited by R Shah

1 hour ago, R Shah said:

After they announced the cure I don't think Fleetwood Mac will happen. I think maybe because they have the cure, a member of pink Floyd and Eric Clapton- 3 very old headliners and then a straight jump to 2 mainstream pop headliners there has to be one in between . This year they had green day kings of Leon and killers- all acts who are the type of 'in between'  that I mean . Which is why I think a band like RHCP Radiohead or Muse or something like that (a band who were big in 90s/00s but can still sell out tours instantly a decade later) would be ideal

I think Muse are quite likely.

5 hours ago, Steve1000 said:

I think Muse are quite likely.

Yeah you're right .  They're recording an album right now so it should be finished by around July and released late 2018 so this would be a perfect one off gig to build hype about their new album and it would be like a UK exclusive or maybe only show of 2018 

6 hours ago, Sparticus said:

Looking at tickets for this - can anyone give advice on the early entry? Is it necessary to get a spot down at the front, or just another way for the promoter to get an extra tenner?

Not necessary whatsoever. For most events they have a gold and diamond circle standing areas close to the front- where you have to pay like £200 to stand near the front which is bullshit- so with a primary entry/General admission ticket the closest you can stand in the first place is behind the gold and diamond circle which is so far away 

1 hour ago, R Shah said:

Not necessary whatsoever. For most events they have a gold and diamond circle standing areas close to the front- where you have to pay like £200 to stand near the front which is bullshit- so with a primary entry/General admission ticket the closest you can stand in the first place is behind the gold and diamond circle which is so far away 

at green day i had £10 extra priority entry and that meant i could get a wristband that let me get in the gold circle literally as close to the stage as i wanted?

2 minutes ago, Jack w said:

at green day i had £10 extra priority entry and that meant i could get a wristband that let me get in the gold circle literally as close to the stage as i wanted?

For next year, BST have started hiking ticket prices, segregating the gold and diamond circle off for those who have the largest disposable income. For example, for Roger Waters your standard general admission ticket (excluding fees) is £69.90. A diamond circle (the closest one) is £249.90. Map/price breakdown is here: http:///2AGtNci

BST are targeting the wealthy (if they weren't already) and it is working; it looks like the diamond circle for Roger Waters is sold out. The only act I think not following this model is The Cure but it's probably because they're having their 40th celebration so they most likely have some leeway with the bookers. The priority entry ticket you had most likely won't have the same privileges for many years, sadly

1 minute ago, finn_with_1_n said:

For next year, BST have started hiking ticket prices, segregating the gold and diamond circle off for those who have the largest disposable income. For example, for Roger Waters your standard general admission ticket (excluding fees) is £69.90. A diamond circle (the closest one) is £249.90. Map/price breakdown is here: http:///2AGtNci

BST are targeting the wealthy (if they weren't already) and it is working; it looks like the diamond circle for Roger Waters is sold out. The only act I think not following this model is The Cure but it's probably because they're having their 40th celebration so they most likely have some leeway with the bookers. The priority entry ticket you had most likely won't have the same privileges for many years, sadly

oh thats mad i was literally right at the front for £80, was a fantastic day of acts too.

12 hours ago, Jack w said:

oh thats mad i was literally right at the front for £80, was a fantastic day of acts too.

That's so sick, I hate it how BST do this though like I can understand paying for like an exclusive box or some  flashy seating area but paying to stand closer? The whole point of general admission standing is that it's done on a first come first serve basis where the most dedicated fans who queue from the earliest get the closest. Don't know any other event that does this it's so stupid . 

11 hours ago, Ammonite said:

Can’t see Jay-Z. The locals objected to Eminem a couple of years ago so can’t see Jay-Z being tolerated!

Jay-Z has a joint venture with Live Nation, Roc Nation. Can't see him playing a AEG event. Considering LN and AEG seem to be at war with block booking artists at the min as well. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, stanh said:

I don't see the point either, however from a business point of view if they can section of an area and charge upfront a further 50/60 quid to stand closer and shift the tickets, its a no-brainer - however at BST there are too many 'special' areas, like a gold circle is enough and that's that. 

What I also don't understand is the acts earlier on in the day are going to be performing to people like 100m back because hardly anyone in diamond and gold circle is going to get there that early because they can come 2 minutes before the headliner and be right at the front 

On 17/12/2017 at 5:23 PM, Sparticus said:

Looking at tickets for this - can anyone give advice on the early entry? Is it necessary to get a spot down at the front, or just another way for the promoter to get an extra tenner?

I have worked at various events within Hyde Park 

{ 1 } the layout for one event may be completely different from the layout the very next day.

{ 2 } in general - ' you get what you pay for '

I have been inside before the gates open and as soon as the so called ' early entry
ticket holders ' rush in they do a mad scramble to get to the front only to discover they are blocked off.

as others have reported ' these special { expensive } areas tend not to fill up until later.

Now you may be willing to spend a extra £10 to be a few feet in front of people who did not buy early entry but if you think that will get you bang up close to the stage you will be disappointed.  

2 hours ago, glasto-worker said:

{ 1 } the layout for one event may be completely different from the layout the very next day.

I have been inside before the gates open and as soon as the so called ' early entry
ticket holders ' rush in they do a mad scramble to get to the front only to discover they are blocked off.

as others have reported ' these special { expensive } areas tend not to fill up until later.

Now you may be willing to spend a extra £10 to be a few feet in front of people who did not buy early entry but if you think that will get you bang up close to the stage you will be disappointed.  

Wise advice. Or, to put it another way; don't bother with gigs in Hyde Park. Seriously. You'll be surrounded by c**ts. C**ts with lots of money. 

Edited by hoils
  • Like 2

This year so far only The Cure offer a chance to get to the front with a GA ticket - if you get there early enough and get a wristband from the stewards at the front section.

The other shows all have Golden or even Diamond sections which means your GA ticket will get you nowhere near the front with a huge swathe of nothing in front of you for most of the day. Absolute rip off.

When I went to Blur for £2.50 all those years ago (2?) the front pit was just the case of queuing for a wristband and going in, although that could easily have been because they hadn’t shifted many of the pricey tickets, and would have been dreadful if the band had come out to see a completely empty section of crowd. 

19 hours ago, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

When I went to Blur for £2.50 all those years ago (2?) the front pit was just the case of queuing for a wristband and going in, although that could easily have been because they hadn’t shifted many of the pricey tickets, and would have been dreadful if the band had come out to see a completely empty section of crowd. 

Yep, I remember that. I didn't show until just before Metronomy, hung around the back for them and then ended up about two rows from the stage barrier on the left. You can just catch my ugly mug on the New World Towers documentary, I think. I'm wearing a terrible straw trilby.

On 12/31/2017 at 1:52 PM, glasto-worker said:

According to the layout plan.

The Cure is the only gig that does not have Golden or Diamond Circle. So with early entry you can rush to the capacity controlled general admission area right in front of the stage.

Last year I bought an upgrade for premium view for the Killers to disappointingly find out it is only on the side of the stage. Anyhow, I finally found way to get to the capacity controlled area.

So this year I am going with the early entry!

4874CA9F-E1AA-42D4-B612-C16648D93B5A.jpeg