Sad times

watsonjm

14 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I think people tend to buy for line-ups they like rather than re-attend the same place each year (particularly for V), so as long as they have a line-up to get people's attention they should be fine.

And as Live Nation have access to the very top acts they should be fine I reckon. I don't really think there's any reason for them to find themselves in an awkward position with it.

Ha, I must be the exception that proves the rule.  Other things keep dragging me back to Stafford year after year regardless of line up.   Cant imagine not being at Weston park that weekend in August having been going for so long.

Must say i breathed a little sigh of relief when i read that people are beginning to hear bits about this year.

oh, there's plenty who keep going back too.

But when a festival has the biggest names, it tends to sell mostly on those names rather than because of the event itself.

And it's much easier to get people's attention with those names, than with an explanation about 'what makes this festival different is...'.

On a slightly different angle, I had been thinking they'd get a bit more rocky with the acts than they've had in recent years, but with how well Wireless sold I'm less sure now. They could probably put a fair bit of popular (rather than underground) grime on the bill and have it sell very well.

9 hours ago, BeddingatReading said:

Spoke to someone at FR who said “V will not be taking place this year but a new festival will be there on the same weekend. Details are still to be confirmed.”

Sounds promising, weird that nothing has been posted yet so hopefully there’s going to be a huge announcement imminent. 

Nice!

Those are really big predictions though. Coldplay only really do Glastonbury in the way of festivals as they make enough bank on their own stadium shows anywhere in the world, and Eminem has those two stadium dates this summer that just sold out so he doesn't need to do V either.

Drake is possible. Mumford & Sons however seem to be world exclusive to another festival. The Killers seem to be at least doing Isle of Wight as well so I don't see that happening.

I don't think there's a lot of use speculating until we know a little bit more, as it could really come back as anything and trying to play too similarly to V Festival might see it die again.

On 2/9/2018 at 2:15 PM, watsonjm said:

Ha, I must be the exception that proves the rule.  Other things keep dragging me back to Stafford year after year regardless of line up.   Cant imagine not being at Weston park that weekend in August having been going for so long.

Must say i breathed a little sigh of relief when i read that people are beginning to hear bits about this year.

Hey , glad we not the only ones ! we go to Stafford every year from Cornwall ! Have a fab time.

Really hope it's back this year !  Have booked annual leave with fingers crossed !  

40 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I can't deal with the timeline where V becomes better for me than R+L.

This made me chuckle!  Not hugely impressed with Leeds.  Latitude is a bit more me, Isle of white would be my preference so naturally i cant make the dates due to Stag do.

Maybe after the reading line up it could be we are looking at something like the below as they are the same promoters and could have saved the names people where predicting for the new look festival? 

Artic Monkeys // Craig David // The chainsmokers

Eminem // Maroon 5 // Rita Ora

Justin Timberlake // Bastille // Dua Lupa

or could be Foo Fighters......

8 hours ago, kells004 said:

Maybe after the reading line up it could be we are looking at something like the below as they are the same promoters and could have saved the names people where predicting for the new look festival? 

This would make sense , would definitely buy a ticket foo fighters unlikely I reckon though 

On 13/02/2018 at 1:22 PM, kells004 said:

Dua is listed as a Reading exclusive.. though I suppose that means sweet fa these days