DDave

Pukkelpop 2018

First of all. Hahahaha hahahaha.

Second of all, what a complete c**t of the highest order. Unforseen obligations my fucking arse. And a cheap replacement to boot. What a farce.

• Upvote 3

Major improvement this year: the new Check-in. So much faster! 

Your wristband contains a QR code that you have to scan.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

What a great job has done Chokri’s daughter, with her ideas for the line-up.

Next year they will try to book all Kardashian family playing covers.

Now they will have to make lot of refunds, not good for their financial issues.

After Rihanna and Travis Scott, have they learnt the lesson??

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, Arnold said:

What a great job has done Chokri’s daughter, with her ideas for the line-up.

Next year they will try to book all Kardashian family playing covers.

Now they will have to make lot of refunds, not good for their financial issues.

After Rihanna and Travis Scott, have they learnt the lesson??

Refund? Why?

Nobody is going to miss Travis Scott.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

1 hour ago, DiscothequeDave said:

Second of all, what a complete c**t of the highest order. Unforseen obligations my fucking arse. And a cheap replacement to boot. What a farce.

I don't care that he's cancelled but it's still a disgrace. His fee could have paid for someone decent who'd have showed up. 

24 minutes ago, Chimme said:

Nobody is going to miss Travis Scott.

You might wanna check out the comment section of their instagram for this one.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, arcuse said:

The kids will be going apeshit for sure. 

2 hours ago, arcuse said:

Nah, I don’t think I will bother. :-)

Travis Scott is to blame here, not the festival. 

• Downvote 2

2 hours ago, Chimme said:

Nah, I don’t think I will bother. :-)

But the festival is to blame for the way they handle this. I'm sure this 'unexpected' cancelation has been known for days/weeks. 

Announcing that your Friday headliner won't be playing 1 day beforehand, while you could've at least done that a week ago, is egregious.... 

This festival (I once loved) continues to surprise me. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

31 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

But the festival is to blame for the way they handle this. I'm sure this 'unexpected' cancelation has been known for days/weeks. 

Announcing that your Friday headliner won't be playing 1 day beforehand, while you could've at least done that a week ago, is egregious.... 

This festival (I once loved) continues to surprise me. 

Why are you so sure? Mister Scott canceled last-minute two years ago as well. He’s a twat.

• Downvote 2

15 hours ago, DiscothequeDave said:

I see the prick has also cancelled his appearance at Blockfest in Finland (2nd time he's cancelled Finland as well) They've replaced him with Nas. Just goes to show that replacements are out there at short notice if the festival can be arsed picking up the phone and paying the money.

Anyway, site looks good. Not a fan of the walk boards theyve put down, seem a bit unnecessary tbh, but yeah - checking in and getting the wristband was a breeze.

Edited by DiscothequeDave

18 hours ago, Chimme said:

Those invitations to perform for the MTV Awards get send out weeks before, like Dave said it was reported the 8th but I'm 100% his mgmt and the organisation knew this way before that date and I'm sure he canceled even before the 8th. It's just another easy way to still grab the money of the kids that wanted to see Scott with him at the top of the bill instead of just communicating that he's not coming some time beforehand and actually trying to get a decent replacement. This move from PKP only comes very douchy over and shows no sympathy whatsoever to their target audience.

I saw Floggin’ Molly live stream at home and they were so great and Main Stage was packed with people jumping, moshing and singing loud. Who said that rock bands do not have any kind of interest for Pukkelpop audience?

• Upvote 1

Turned into an amazing night after a fairly slow start. Didn't really get going till UMO and then absolute lift off from there. Arcade Fire were amazing as usual but The War on Drugs were absolutely outstanding. Really wasn't expecting that. One of the best gigs I've ever seen. 

Now for Shit Friday :-)

• Upvote 1

Everyone who likes heavy music should check out Amenra tonight. Your Friday won't be shit. Trust me. 

Have fun. 

Edit : absolutely loved Shellac yesterday. What a band.

TWOD and arcade fire were also great. 

Edited by Stef_P82

On the sweatiest Train in Belgium, airport bound. Great to catch up with everyone, another great edition - even Friday! Despite saying it was likely my last PKP, we'll be checking if we have the holidays to do it again. 

• Upvote 1

Next year Pukkelpop will be from  August 15th to 18th.. from Thursday to Sunday!!!! Maybe one of the headliner that hey have already booked must play on Sunday, so from the first time (at least in the last 10 years) pukkelpop will end on Sunday!!

Edited by johnybegood
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, johnybegood said:

Next year Pukkelpop will be from  August 15th to 18th.. from Thursday to Sunday!!!! Maybe one of the headliner that hey have already booked must play on Sunday, so from the first time (at least in the last 10 years) pukkelpop will end on Sunday!!

Someone has said on the festileaks website it will be the Saturday headliner from next year's Lowlands. 

Waiting for the plane home, had a great edition and very lucky with the weather.

From a Belgian website:

During this new edition the Pukkelpop welcomed no less than 216,000 festival-goers. The organizers estimated Sunday the day after the closing of the festival that the event was held in a "flawless and carefree" way.

On Wednesday, nearly 40,000 festival-goers were already present at the event. On Thursday, there were 60,000 on the plain of Kiewit (Limburg) and 50,000 on Friday. On Saturday, the event was sold-out and brought together nearly 66,000 spectators.

The organizers felt that the festival went well. "The atmosphere was excellent and the weather was ideal, except for a night shower. "

Edited by DiscothequeDave
  • Upvote 1